Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

Todays Install ( Good News )

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: inciter

The installer Came today everything went great! I am now an old DTV user with Dtivo :)

Very happy!

The install could have went bad as the only switch he had was an 8 port switch, I walked out just at the right time! He was asking his boss what to do he only had an 8 port switch and I only needed a 3 port setup. I thought quick while he was on the phone to his boss and said hey! I'm going to be getting another Tivo soon!!! The boss could here me and said that answers your question.

Now I have an 8 port multi switch ready for any pos upgrades if they happen.

Other wise he would have had to drive and get another one and who knows how long that would have taken.

All ready backing up VH1 Classic Videos to the computer! :) Opps Doing it with a video capture card!!!! Nothing Illegal Allmost forgot to put that in. I know from the TV via ViD card is okay and not from the Tivo HD to the computer...

Posted by: dvdude

Welcome to the TiVolution! Just for kicks, what kind of 8-port switch did he put in, and what kind of dish do you have?

Andy

Posted by: Rugged

I too had a very successful intstall this morning. I am now a happy convert. The installer did a good clean job. Luckily my living room backs up to my garage so I don't mind having a wire running around the garage baseboards.

Posted by: drichers

went very well. i had 4 receivers replaced one with tivo.

quote:
Originally posted by dvdude
Welcome to the TiVolution! Just for kicks, what kind of 8-port switch did he put in, and what kind of dish do you have?

Andy

Thanks for the warm welcome to DTivo.

You asked about the Multiswitch, my son brought this back.... Im lazy now with the Tivo LOL it's raining and I did not want to get wet so send the kid
:)

TrunkLine
35-DTV38MS
3-Input 8 Output
Digital Multi Switch
40-2150 Mhz

This is what I found on the web:

DTV38MS
8 Output DSS Satellite Multiswitch
The 35-DTV38MS Both have Passive VHF/UHF and Satellite IF circuitry. The 35-DTV38MS multiswitch has an optional power supply available. This wall plug power supply will power the multiswitch, while supplying +13/14VDC at the RHCP input and +17/18VDC at the LHCP input for the LNB. It also will power two ILA20WS line amplifiers. Theses switches provide a low cost alternative for servicing multiple IRDís in a single location. has 3 inputs and 8 independent outputs.

Combines a cable carrying VHF/UHF signals (from an antenna or CATV) with both cables from a dual LNB, DSS satellite dish.
Outputs for up to eight runs to satellite receivers.
No external power supply required.
Satellite Frequency (950-2150 MHz) Gain/-Loss: 0dB
VHF/UHF/CATV Frequency (54-806 MHz) Gain/-Loss: -12dB
Water tight construction
DirecTV compatible. Does not work with Dish Network.

The dush is round and starts with a W something 20 inch I think.Im into computers LOL if it works I don't care...... :)

Please let me know if this is a good switch to have.

Thanks again and glad to see other good installs within the thread!!!
Go DTIVO!!!!

PS: The installer said by Xmas they mite be giving the Tivos away for free???

Tim

Posted by: tomo_kun

for any piece of Shizzit upgrades?

quote:
Originally posted by tomo_kun
for any piece of Shizzit upgrades?

WTF does that mean? Man I guess out of 367 views a lot of folks have bad installs or do it themselves.

I want to sell DTV by good news not bad....

I am enjoying the new Dtivo! I hope it lasts a long time.

Laterz:confused:

Posted by: Gerg

quote:
Originally posted by inciter
WTF does that mean?
You wrote "for any pos upgrades", which I guess meant "for any possible upgrades". However, "POS" can also be an acronym for "Piece Of S***", and I think tomo_kun was joking around with that.

Gerg

Your right now I understand his reply.... Thanks

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray