Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

TivoWeb or TivoWebPlus?

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: PeteEMT

I just installed (finally) the CacheCard this weekend in my SA 1. I downloaded and installed TivoWebPlus, since it is supposed to be still under development while TivoWeb is in it's final release.

Right now I have just 2 modules, Backup and Channel Grid, Channel Grid causes a reboot if I try to go forward more than 1 week.

It seems the old TivoWeb modules are not fully compatible with TivoWebPlus?

If so, is TivoWeb a safer bet since there are more modules for it?
I'd especially like to find a negative padding for seasons passes.

Can I just delete /var/local/tivoweb-tcl and install TivoWeb to downgrade? I am not interested in any of the <thing we're not allowed to talk about>.

For bonus points, how do I restart tivoftpd without rebooting the system? It seems to freeze or die pretty often, but telnet works.

Posted by: disco

It's my understanding (and I'm not expert since I've never played around with TiVoWebPlus) that TW+ was intended for DirecTV tuners with TiVo since it allows for dual recordings.

TiVoFTPd shouldn't die very often...it could be your FTP program is simply not exiting out properly. I use command line ftp so I really don't see it die. Otherwise, grab a copy of PS compiled for TiVo, load it up, find it's PS #, and kill it manually.

Posted by: PeteEMT

That what I use is Command Line FTP from a Linux box

The end of session goes like
ftp>exit
(tivo quits the session but I never get another ftp prompt)

Tried using ps -a and the only processes it showed was my bash login and the ps command.

Posted by: PortlandPaw

Disco is right about the origin of TivoWebPlus, but it has expanded its mission to be all-platform compliant, which it is. I have both TW and TWP on my SA 1 box, just because I like to have all my bases covered.

The hackman module I wrote will switch back and forth between TW and TWP so you can run both with little difficulty.

Also, the main purpose of hackman is to handle the problem you're having with ftp -- it starts and stops hacks from TivoWeb without having to go into telnet.

Posted by: sanderton

quote:
Originally posted by PeteEMT

Tried using ps -a and the only processes it showed was my bash login and the ps command.

You want ps aux

Posted by: cachecard_user

ps ax works just as good, and dosen't cause the text to truncate as much

usually when tivoftpd hangs , you need to do a kill -9 [pid] to get it to terminate.

There is a new version of tivoftpd floating around, but i don't know if it is less suceptable to hanging.

mfs_ftp has a whole bunch of built in checking to see if it is hanging, and riley promised a 'regular' ftp module a while back.

Posted by: cachecard_user

quote:

Also, the main purpose of hackman is to handle the problem you're having with ftp -- it starts and stops hacks from TivoWeb without having to go into telnet. [/B]

my problem lately is that tivoweb (classic 1.9.4) keeps hanging after a few days. I'm afraid to kill it, should cause a reebot since it runs in tivosh.

Posted by: wmcbrine

I start and stop TivoWeb[Plus] only when I need it. Kind of a nuisance, since it takes so long to start up, but it does take care of stability. (I leave telnetd running all the time, and telnet in to start the web server and other hacks. telnetd is simple and very stable; it's the only extra server I leave running.)

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray