Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

Copying recordings to a PC

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: bolive

I am new to TIVO. I have ordered a 80hr standalone mod# TCD24008A. And can't wait for it to arrive. I have ordered a upgrade kit from Weaknees. I plan on adding a 160gig Maxtor as a b drive. I have bought a usb Ethernet adapter Belkin mod# F5D5050.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to copy the recordings from the TiVo to my PC so i can burn them to DVD?

Sorry if this has been answered but i could find it in the forums.

Thanks

Posted by: classicsat

You need a capture device of some sort, or wait for Tivo2Go to come out.

You could direclty extract the video, but that cannot be discussed on this forum.

Posted by: bolive

Thanks classicsat.
:)

Posted by: Joe Q

quote:
Originally posted by classicsat

You could direclty extract the video, but that cannot be discussed on this forum.

Can you suggest a forum where this CAN be discussed for the new HD Directv TIVO?

Thanks

Posted by: stevel

Try doing some Google searches.

Posted by: outerlimits

Do a search on this and start reading.. ;)

"monte with sleepers iso"

Posted by: classicsat

Not by name, just vague clues on how to find it.

Posted by: Joe Q

quote:
Originally posted by outerlimits
Do a search on this and start reading.. ;)

"monte with sleepers iso"

I thought you were kidding but it did land me on a forum that I have already found to investigate what I want to do.
************ forum

The particular thread that the search found did quickly degenerate into some very rude comments and not so nice people.
Guess I am spoiled with the polite folks in here and in avsforum.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by: JJBliss

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q

The particular thread that the search found did quickly degenerate into some very rude comments and not so nice people.

Unfortunately, the "not so nice people" have all the answers you seek.

My suggestion is to grow a bit of a thicker skin, and do a lot of reading in that magical forum. Don't worry about the lack of courteous responses over there, all it would serve to do is mask the real information anyway.

You'll also find the information you're looking for regarding your HDTivo questions.

Posted by: outerlimits

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q
I thought you were kidding but it did land me on a forum that I have already found to investigate what I want to do.
************ forum

Thanks,
Joe

My intent was not to point you to one thread or another. Just to the underground forum where additional information was available. The information available at this forum is not allowed or permitted to be discussed here.

All forums have rude and not so nice people. Even here at the avsfoum. It is the internet after all.

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray