Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

TiVoWEB Errors

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: gunrunnerjohn

I recently had my /var/hack directory disappear, the topic of another thread. OK, I bit the bullet and took the drive out and put FTP back on, this time not in the /var/hack tree. :)

I installed TiVoWEB 1.9.4 final, and I have a curious issue that I didn't have before. Everytime I select the Info link for a movie in Movie Search, I get the following error. I'm sure it's something simple, just wondering what could be causing it. :)

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/2207217/12' ''
can't read "genrenums": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $genrenums $genre"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach genre $genres {
set genreindex [lsearch $genrenums $genre]
if { $genreindex != -1 } {
if { $genrestr != "" } {
append ..."
("uplevel" body line 255)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
} els..."
(procedure "::action_showing" line 47)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Posted by: Attack

You might want to try TiVoWebPlus

I'm not ready to go to a beta version to solve an issue that I didn't have before I had to re-install the TiVoWEB software. I just want to fix this...

Posted by: David Platt

TivoWebPlus isn't a beta; it's a final release, and it has some great improvements over 1.9.4, particularly if you have a DirecTiVo. Regardless, just try doing a full reload of Tivoweb and see if that takes care of the problem.

I just did a full reload of TiVoWEB! Did you read the first message? :confused:

Posted by: outerlimits

quote:
Originally posted by gunrunnerjohn
I recently had my /var/hack directory disappear, the topic of another thread. OK, I bit the bullet and took the drive out and put FTP back on, this time not in the /var/hack tree. :)

I installed TiVoWEB 1.9.4 final, and I have a curious issue that I didn't have before. Everytime I select the Info link for a movie in Movie Search, I get the following error. I'm sure it's something simple, just wondering what could be causing it. :)

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/2207217/12' ''
can't read "genrenums": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $genrenums $genre"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach genre $genres {
set genreindex [lsearch $genrenums $genre]
if { $genreindex != -1 } {
if { $genrestr != "" } {
append ..."
("uplevel" body line 255)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
} els..."
(procedure "::action_showing" line 47)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

quote:

Uh... Sorry I must of missed where you said you did a reload of Tivoweb. :rolleyes:

Tivoweb Plus is not a beta release. Works great.

Maybe you need to read what you have written. Why are people such smart A$$es when they post looking for someone to help them?

quote:
Originally posted by outerlimits
Uh... Sorry I must of missed where you said you did a reload of Tivoweb. :rolleyes:

Tivoweb Plus is not a beta release. Works great.

Maybe you need to read what you have written. Why are people such smart A$$es when they post looking for someone to help them?

And your post serves what purpose? With your kind of help, I doubt I'll ever solve the problem. :rolleyes:

quote:

Yep. Several times. Did you?

Nowhere in your message did you say you tried to do a reload of Tivoweb after you got the error message.

I'm done trying to help, since you're quickly turning into one of the people asking for help and jumping down the throat of everybody trying to help them. I've just never understood that phenomenon.

Posted by: PortlandPaw

I have a suggestion for gunrunnerjohn that I'm sure would fix the problem with 1.9.4, but I'm afraid he'll take my head off for responding. Maybe a hint would help -- search for ui.itcl -- there's a more recent version.

Addendum:
OK, now I've gone soft -- I did the search and found it here .

Good luck.

Thanks for the file. :D

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/johnwill10/Message_Graphics/Misc/WOW_Flames.gif

Thanks for the apology. :rolleyes:

Dave, I reloaded TivoWEB from scatch, since my TiVo had regenerated the entire contents of the /var directory and erased all of the /var/hack directory. Since it was JUST reloaded, doing it again didn't seem to be a useful thing to spend my time on. I'm sorry you couldn't see the logic in that...

Since the new module solved the problem, I suspect I could have reloaded the original time after time with the same result. Thanks again PortlandPaw, works like a champ with the new module. :)

quote:
Dave, I reloaded TivoWEB from scatch, since my TiVo had regenerated the entire contents of the /var directory and erased all of the /var/hack directory. Since it was JUST reloaded, doing it again didn't seem to be a useful thing to spend my time on. I'm sorry you couldn't see the logic in that...

Ah, I see-- we're working with two different defintions of a 'full reload.' We're all assuming you're talking about going to the Start Menu and clicking 'Full Reload.' You're defining it as a complete re-installation of the software.

That clears it up.

Well, I did say I installed it again. :) I'm really not trying to be a PITA, I just didn't see the point in copying the same files into the same place. :)

It is curious that the file wasn't part of the 1.9.4 archive.

Perhaps I could get you to answer another question. Will TivoWebPlus install alongside of TiVoweb? I've done some reading on it since it was mentioned, just wondered if I could try it without taking the old one off.

I can take that one. Yes, the two can live happily with each other. Download the TWP Final, follow the install script and specify a different directory (e.g. /var/hack/tivowebplus). Then download my hackman (link below) and you'll have the ability to switch back and forth on the fly between TW and TWP.

I normally start TiVoWEB manually with Telnet when I want to use it, so I probably don't need anything to switch between them. OTOH, I unpacked the script from the final TivoWebPlus, and I don't see where you specify the different directory, are you doing that in the gzip step?

Be gentle, I'm a Linux newbie, don't know my way around yet. :D

It's been a while since I installed it, but I recall just running the install file and it asks where you want to install it. Check the ReadMe.

Actually, I dug out the instructions for other packages, and when you unpack the TAR, you just need to be in the directory you want it to end up in. I'm still trying to determine what changes were made, it looks VERY similar. :) I think a majority of the changes must be for DirectTivo. I'll give it a run and see how it works. :)

Mostly it is the DTivo stuff that sets it apart...but it also does direct video streaming which, of course, we can't talk about here.

quote:
Well, I did say I installed it again. :) I'm really not trying to be a PITA, I just didn't see the point in copying the same files into the same place. :)

I know you're not trying to be a PITA. :)

You're still not quite understanding what a full reload is, though-- it's not reinstalling any files. It has nothing to do with an install. It's basically just shutting down TiVoWeb fully then starting it again, and it solves probably 90% of reported TivoWeb problems.

And to answer some question about TWP-- you're right, a lot of the changes are more evident for DirecTiVos. There are a few little functions here and there that are different for all TiVos, though, such as being able to reorder SPs.

Well, I did many "full reloads" of TivoWeb when I was testing, didn't help. I understand what you were talking about, but since I rebooted the TiVo several times and manually started TivoWeb, I was pretty sure that wasn't an issue. :)

In any case, I have my rig running again, and I'm tinkering with TiVoWebPlus now to see if it's enough different to make the change. :)

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray