Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

Do you tip landscapers?

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: Demandred

I'm having sod installed tomorrow by a landscape company. I know you tip waiters/waitresses, and movers, but what about landscapers?

If you are supposed to tip landscapers, how much? The cost of the sod with install is $560. Also, do you tip each guy individually or just give the foreman everything and let him divide it up?

Posted by: DaveBogart

No, I don't tip landscapers. Or movers for that matter.

Posted by: pmyers

hmm..interesting question as I'm having Sod installed next week. I have to say that I've had lots of landscape work done: palm tree removed, curbing in the front and back installed, etc...but I've never tipped them. I do always offer them water/cokes/even beer(after they are done).

Actually I take that back. I did thow the carpet guys a few extra bucks because I asked them to do something outside the scope of what they were there to do...but I don't consider that a tip.

Posted by: jeff125va

The way I figure it, if there's a profession that I'm not aware whether it's customary to tip, then it's not customary enough for me to worry about it. Landscapers are expensive enough, I don't tip them. If they went out of their way to do something then maybe I would, or take them drinks or something like that.

Posted by: GDG76

Feel no obligation to tip your landscaper at all...

I ran a landscaping company for 5 years and got nary a tip...and we did a lot of good work that was usually cheaper than most competiitors..

We were happy to get our agreed upon payment without any b!tch!ng from the client... so many people try to screw you after the fact..

drew

Posted by: keirgrey

Maybe I would have last week, before they ruined two of my sprinkler heads and ripped out my phone line. Kind of ruined their chances.

Posted by: HTH

I tip skyscrapers. You know that tower in Pisa? That was me.

Posted by: Bryanmc

No tips but I'd offer drinks.

Maybe even put a small cooler outside for them to grab from.

Posted by: GDG76

quote:
Originally posted by Bryanmc
No tips but I'd offer drinks.

Maybe even put a small cooler outside for them to grab from.

this is what most people did instead of tipping when i was in landscaping and it was always much appreciated... since I was only 18 when i started, the really cool ones put out beer :)

drew

Posted by: Rcrew

Just chipping in, no tip, but drinks, including beer are a great idea. Don't forget the simplicity of icy cold bottled water.

Rob

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray