Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

TivoWeb not responding

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: Cspot

Anyone running in to this??? I let my system load 3.0 the other day, bash'd it and edited the script to run my apps...the last two days I notice TivoWeb stops reponding....tivo is pingable, bash works fine, ps shows it running....just me seeing this????

Edit: I'm running beta 2

Posted by: Rob Helmerichs

Have you tried restarting TiVoWeb? This happened to me once; I had to telnet in and issue the tivoweb command, then it worked again.

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
Have you tried restarting TiVoWeb? This happened to me once; I had to telnet in and issue the tivoweb command, then it worked again.

Can't restart it without killing the other one...which means a panic/reboot to Tivo.

Posted by: n8walker

I having the same issue with the latest beta v1.9.3., but it seems to get worse, on my tivo, when it 'stops', also I loose remote control function. Cant even pause or hit the tivo icon.

for now, i commented out the tivoweb interface (sigh), and will see if 3.0 is causing the lockup for the 'remote', or if it was tivoweb.

-- Matthew

quote:
Originally posted by n8walker
I having the same issue with the latest beta v1.9.3., but it seems to get worse, on my tivo, when it 'stops', also I loose remote control function. Cant even pause or hit the tivo icon.

for now, i commented out the tivoweb interface (sigh), and will see if 3.0 is causing the lockup for the 'remote', or if it was tivoweb.

-- Matthew

Exactly!.....okay, so it isn't just me

Posted by: Lightn

Well I haven't seen this and this kind of thing is hard to diagnose. If anyone who is experiencing this could post their configuration and anything you were doing that you think might have triggered it, we'll see if there are any patterns we can see. And if you can reproduce the problem through a defined set of actions, tell me.

Posted by: modnar

quote:
Originally posted by Lightn
Well I haven't seen this and this kind of thing is hard to diagnose. If anyone who is experiencing this could post their configuration and anything you were doing that you think might have triggered it, we'll see if there are any patterns we can see. And if you can reproduce the problem through a defined set of actions, tell me.

This also happend to me tonight. I was using the TiVo at the time, had just changed channels, and the TiVo stopped responding to the remote. I checked TiVoWeb, and it wasn't responding. I wish I had more details to help narrow down what could have caused this.

TiVoWeb stopped responding one other time prior to this, but the TiVo did respond to the remote once I got home. I had attempted to schedule a recording using TiVoWeb prior to this happening.

It's a Philips 14 hr (no hard drive upgrade) with TiVoNet.

TiVoWeb has stopped responding again. Not sure what caused it. It was working last night, and this morning it's not. The TiVo still responds to the remote control, though.

Is there a way to restart TiVoWeb without rebooting the TiVo?

Edit: The TiVo is no longer responding to the remote.

Posted by: level42

Lightn,

i am also having this happen to me. it runs for about a day and a half, then tivo just goes away! :) the whole thing freezes. here is my config:

1. hdr-212 w/ 60gb & 80gb maxtgor drives
2. turbonet
3. telnet starts on boot, but tivoftp and tivoweb do not
4. i start tivoweb via telnet

that is about it... let me know if you need any more Lightn...

thanks for everything!
bill

TiVoWeb stopped responding again. TiVo is still responding to the remote. I had been using the Screen module, stopped using TiVoWeb for a while (left browser window open), and it was not responding when I tried to use it again later.

Is there anything in any of the logs that might be a clue as to what's causing this?

quote:
Originally posted by modnar
TiVoWeb stopped responding again. TiVo is still responding to the remote. I had been using the Screen module, stopped using TiVoWeb for a while (left browser window open), and it was not responding when I tried to use it again later.

Is there anything in any of the logs that might be a clue as to what's causing this?

Not sure if this is your case, but mine is reachable from the internet....looks like DoS attempts were made....of course I have switched the ports, but I continue to see attempts to the old port number(s) in my logs.....if you have/are using a Linksys, turn ON the logging feature and see who is hitting your port....again, if this is your case (outside net access to tivo).

quote:
Originally posted by Cspot

Not sure if this is your case, but mine is reachable from the internet....looks like DoS attempts were made....of course I have switched the ports, but I continue to see attempts to the old port number(s) in my logs.....if you have/are using a Linksys, turn ON the logging feature and see who is hitting your port....again, if this is your case (outside net access to tivo).

Yes, there is outside net access to the TiVo (on a rather random port). I just checked the logs for that port, and there were some kind of attempts. I'll disable outside access for a bit and see if TiVoWeb still locks up.

quote:
Originally posted by modnar

Yes, there is outside net access to the TiVo (on a rather random port). I just checked the logs for that port, and there were some kind of attempts on that port. I'll disable outside access for a bit and see if TiVoWeb still locks up.

I haven't had any lock-ups (remote control, TivoWeb) since making my port change.....b@$t@rd$

quote:
Originally posted by Cspot

I haven't had any lock-ups (remote control, TivoWeb) since making my port change.....b@$t@rd$

Well, after disabling outside access to the TiVo, TiVoWeb is now responding (without rebooting the TiVo).

Ok, so if anyone else has their tivo directly on the internet on port 80, try disabling access to it or moving it to a high random port. That warning is in the README for a reason. :) Not the least of which is anyone who found you web server could change all your recordings.

I had mine on a high random port (with password protection) all along. I'm not really sure how it came to be attacked or whatever so soon after installing it.

Thanks again, Lightn, for all the work you and others do on TiVoWeb!

quote:
Ok, so if anyone else has their tivo directly on the internet on port 80, try disabling access to it or moving it to a high random port. That warning is in the README for a reason. :) Not the least of which is anyone who found you web server could change all your recordings.

ouch....port 80....uh, high random port here too :)

Posted by: level42

Lightn,

i did a test just to see what i could find out. i have a tivo with tivoweb available via apache proxypass. it is on port 80. i was having the tivo freeze problem where the whole thing would lock up. i restarted it this last time, and started tivoweb. i have not actually been to the tivoweb page yet, and my tivo has not locked up... is there anything specific you would like me to try to repro?

thanks
bill

level42:
Authenticated proxypass (by apache, not tivo)? If so, that shouldn't be an issue. I just generally would like to be able to point to a specific cause. If you could maybe limit your use of tivoweb to certain sections of it until a long enough time has passed that you don't think you caused a lockup, you can try and determine if a specific action triggers it. But don't use screen or try to schedule a recording (if you have 3.0), those have known bugs currently.

quote:
level42:
Authenticated proxypass (by apache, not tivo)? If so, that shouldn't be an issue. I just generally would like to be able to point to a specific cause. If you could maybe limit your use of tivoweb to certain sections of it until a long enough time has passed that you don't think you caused a lockup, you can try and determine if a specific action triggers it. But don't use screen or try to schedule a recording (if you have 3.0), those have known bugs currently.

I've stayed away from the screen function, and haven't used the record option at all, and so far, no more lockup's.....not sure if it was the screen option, I did take a look at that, but if I remember correctly, I hadn't used it prior to the last lock-up.

If I get another DoS attack, then I'll know for sure......

p.s. I notice the IR Database version has changed in System Info, maybe this addressed the problem with remote control lock-ups. I'm almost positive it was still 79 in 3.0, now it reads 80.

Posted by: Laserfan

I have had some problems and as a result have decided not to run tivoftpd and tivoweb at startup. So far I've only used TivoWeb's Resource Editor anyway so this is not a big deal to me.

I thinking though of soldering-in those other 16Mb of RAM chips I got from ElectricLegs. Seems to me that my Tivo has been running at "all RAM in use" and caching like crazy with this other stuff running. Does no one else worry about max'ing out their tiny complement of RAM memory?

quote:
Originally posted by Laserfan
I have had some problems and as a result have decided not to run tivoftpd and tivoweb at startup. So far I've only used TivoWeb's Resource Editor anyway so this is not a big deal to me.

I thinking though of soldering-in those other 16Mb of RAM chips I got from ElectricLegs. Seems to me that my Tivo has been running at "all RAM in use" and caching like crazy with this other stuff running. Does no one else worry about max'ing out their tiny complement of RAM memory?

Well.....after a fairly fresh reboot (w/24 hours), it finally locked up (not responding), things I did were 'info' & 'mfs'

Cspot:
On the assumption that this is being caused by something to do with events, I just realized the phone module could be causing this just by being loaded. So try removing the phone module and restarting (completly). And did you notice any relation of the daily phone call time and the lockup? And continue to stay away from the screen module.

Posted by: Gerr

I had experienced unresponsiveness in Tivoweb after trying to use the Phone module (although it did display what I was looking for once or twice before). I tried to use Screen today while a show was playing. After that, Tivoweb is accepting connections but not responding to them.

Having read this thread, I will avoid those two modules for the time being.

Posted by: Willin

Mine has been locking up as well. Bash still works and it seems like the recording continues, but the remote doesn't work and tivoweb doesn't respond. I've taken it out of the startup, and so just start it when I want it and then shut it down.

It is dificult to know if tivoweb is the culprit for the lockup, but it is looking that way. Could it be possible to add a command line param to shutdown an existing tivoweb process without the panic?

P.S. I don't have outside access to my TiVo.

Posted by: Tenacious Lee

Hmmm, I was thinking my lockups were being caused by either backdoors or the now playing sort (which i thoght needed backdoors turned on for).

I've had my remote freeze on me two or three times now while paging around the menus. I've also been using screen & phone on occasion, but not often (i had read not to schedule recordings with tivoweb, but nothing about either of these until reading this thread just now)

I never associated it with tivoweb at all until now though, and my telnet session would still work, which i'd use to reboot the system

I've had telnet crash on me afew times and it would reconnect to the system, but not give me a bash prompt. On occasions like this, I'd have to get a bash prompt using the serial connection. Could the telnet issue be related to tivoweb too?

Ok, a couple more thoughts on this.

If anyone has changed telnet clients that they use to connect to the tivo recently (including ones included in OS upgrades) or maybe ppp servers, some of these problems may be related to that.

For debugging, I realized you can do an strace on a running process. So for anyone who has a tivoweb lockup, but can still get a working bash shell on the tivo, find the pid of tivoweb (ps ax) and then do a 'strace -p pid'. After you get some output, control-c to break out of it. Then post it here and I'll see if I can determine the problem. I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it is definetly something we can try.

Posted by: Zirak

quote:
Cspot:
On the assumption that this is being caused by something to do with events, I just realized the phone module could be causing this just by being loaded. So try removing the phone module and restarting (completly). And did you notice any relation of the daily phone call time and the lockup? And continue to stay away from the screen module.

I also have reason to believe there is a problem with events.

I have code that both monitors the remote, and has some built in delays of the sort:

code:
puts "starting the after" after 500 {set x 1} vwait x puts "finish the vwait"

Sometimes the code hangs, printing out the first line, but not the second. I have also noticed that the application sometimes stops seeing the remote. Myworld sometimes continues to see it, at least for a while. Sometimes it doesn't. Tivoweb sometimes locks up also.

Sometimes the remote events actually stop, but get delayed for some long period of time (~minute) and then blast through all at once.

It may or may not be related, but I have been chasing what I believe to be event problems for some time.

Posted by: embeem

quote:
Originally posted by Zirak
code:
puts "starting the after" after 500 {set x 1} vwait x puts "finish the vwait"

Isn't that an overly complex way of doing:

code:
puts "starting the after" after 500 puts "finish"

?

quote:
Originally posted by embeem

Isn't that an overly complex way of doing:

code:
puts "starting the after" after 500 puts "finish"

?

Yes, except that the vwait will process events, and after does not.

quote:
For debugging, I realized you can do an strace on a running process. So for anyone who has a tivoweb lockup, but can still get a working bash shell on the tivo, find the pid of tivoweb (ps ax) and then do a 'strace -p pid'. After you get some output, control-c to break out of it. Then post it here and I'll see if I can determine the problem. I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it is definetly something we can try.

Tivoweb:

nanosleep(0x7ffd32b8, 0, 0, 0x1, 0x7ffff1c8) = 0

I tried to connect several times, no response, nothing else in the strace.

DISCLAIMER: I have a tivoweb module which allows you to terminate tivoweb via the remote. (Disabled it for now.)

In the state my machine is currently in:

The remote doesn't work. The progress bar at the bottom is frozen on the screen and wrong, but the video keeps playing.

I tried to startup one of my programs that looks at the remote, it freezes on:

event register $TmkEvent::EVT_REMOTEEVENT ProcessRemote

For that process, strace gives only this line:

connect(4, {sun_family=AF_UNIX, sun_path="/tmp/S_EventSwitcherSocket74"}, 110

Doesn't help me much, other than to make me think events are fubar. But I already thought that...

On another point, I have tried several other socket related programs that work. One of the programs watches both a socket, and the remote. The socket stuff works, remote stuff doesn't.

Posted by: imwhoim

This is rather interesting... When I first installed my TiVo web on my TiVo it worked just fine. Then, one (not so) fine day... it stopped working. My system didn't freeze, I just couldn't get a response from Tivo web. TiVoFtp worked, Telnet Worked but not the web. I have been pulling my hair out ever since. Then, today I noticed I couldn't get into my routers firewall to check my settings... I went to the NetGear web site (I have a Netgear FVS318) and in there it told me to turn off the proxy settings in IE. I did that and got the config page...

It was THEN that it dawned on me! I tried logging into TiVo Web... AND IT WORKS!!!:D :D :D Seems it had been working all along but my router wasn't allowing the connection because it could see the (nonexistant) Proxy server!

So guys (and gals)... try turning off your proxy settings EARLY in the troubleshooting process and save you self the 2 weeks work that I wasted. Then again, I have learned alot so it wasn't ALL a waste now was it? ;)

Don

P.S. For thos of you who dont know - turn off your proxy settings like this ->

1) Open IE
2) Select TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS
3) Click the CONNECTIONS tab
4) Click the LAN SETTINGS button
5) Clear the AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTING and the USE AUTOMATIC CONFIGURATION SCRIPT check-boxes.
6) Click on all OKs

You won't have to reboot. The settings take effect immediately.

Now.. if only I could get my TiVo to update over the web... :confused:

Posted by: imwhoim

Just as a side note... Fixing The Proxy setting as I described ALSO fixed my dial-up problem! I am now running TivoFTPd, TiVoWeb and Telnet all at once and loving every minute of it! :p :D

Thanks to all for thier help and ideas!

Posted by: Vespa

I never saw this addressd in this thread, but how do I unload/reload TivoWeb from a bash prompt? I am having random lockup issues w/ TW as well. The remote works fine, and I can telnet in and reboot, but I'd rather not...as I loose the 30-second skip ;)

Is there a command to unload from a bash and then reload it?

thx

Musclenerd discovered a clever way of restarting tivoweb from bash, which I have included in the next version of TCS. However, this requires that tivoweb be responsive for it to work. Once its dead its reboot time.

Scenario: SONY SA Unit, added a WD 120G B drive about 6-months ago. Dropped a networking card in it about 10-days ago. When I was trying to do a back-up, the A drive failed. Got a new WD 30 giger, restored my 2.5 backup to it, dropped it in everything is ok.
Last week, discoverd the joy that is Tivoweb. Worked great until now. Wife complains of TIVO stuttering, video locking up and audio scrambling. Today, I could not get to to TW or telenet. Turned the TV on and it was locked up. Pulled the cord, rebooted. More lockups, frozen video....a few minutes ago it just decided to reboot! I have gone into the rc.sysinit.author file and removed the /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb line. Left FTP running.
Just rebooted, let's see what happens. This is a major drag...anyone have any ideas??

Posted by: Gomer Pyle

Sounds to me like your new A drive has choked. Can you run diagnostics on it to confirm its condition?

I bought it brand new....Western Digital 30mb / 5400 RPM unit (Compusa) ....while I can't imagine that it would be a bum unit..I guess that it could be, as failure but it's odd that it took a week to start acting up. Another odd part is that when I telnet into the unit, I get dropped into a different directory that usual. I get dropped in the /var/temp directory!

More as the story develops.

####
I fired up Tivoweb and was poking around in the log, specifically un the logs/kernel/ directory and came across these lines:

Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: IDE: calling handler with dma_running, altstat=0x51
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: IDE: read command for sector 18087744 bailed with DMA running
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: hdb: unexpected_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: hdb: unexpected_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, secCnt=255, LBAsect=1310528
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: Stopping immediate on Ide
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: hdb: tivo_dma_intr_direct: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Sep 17 04:25:40 (none) kernel: hdb: tivo_dma_intr_direct: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, secCnt=255, LBAsect=1310528
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: IDE: calling handler with dma_running, altstat=0x51
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: IDE: read command for sector 18087744 bailed with DMA running
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: hdb: unexpected_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: hdb: unexpected_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, secCnt=255, LBAsect=1310528
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: Stopping immediate on Ide
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: hdb: tivo_dma_intr_direct: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: hdb: tivo_dma_intr_direct: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, secCnt=255, LBAsect=1310528
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: IDE: DMA in a strange state
Sep 17 04:25:42 (none) kernel: FPGA callback with DMA not running - delayed interrupt?
Sep 17 04:34:53 (none) kernel: About to check tasks for tty to shutdown

Also: I *THINK* my lock-ups are coming about 30-mins after reboot; the time the live tv buffer fills up. I am watching these closely...
Curious to see if anyone else has a problem.

Posted by: Jed1313

Could someone give me specific instructions on how to change the port settings. My unit is locking up. Series1/40-120 HD/Turbonet/XP/Tive 3.0/Linksys Router.

Posted by: toyz

Edit the tivoweb.cfg file, where you installed tivoweb (/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl)

Change the port value from 80 to your favorite number (usually best to start in the 8081 to 8089 range, just to be sure you do not walk on something else.)

While you are there, why not put a password in?

Good times.

Posted by: Jed1313

I'm running 3.0/Series 1 Sony/Turbonet/XP/Tivoweb/Linksys Router and having the lock up problem. I'm new at this so can someone give me some step by step details on how to change the port from 80 to whatever.

Posted by: TiVoCat

I haven't seen this specific problem mentioned so thought I'd throw it into the mix.

TivoWeb works fine for me but will lock the TiVo up after running for one week. I've tested this several times and it is definitely TiVoWeb doing it. How do I solve this problem? By rebooting my TiVo prior to it being up for one week straight.

So, it's just a minor inconvenience. Hopefully this will be fixed by the next release.

Phillips 112 SA 3.0
TurboNET

Also, does anyone know why my system doesn't have (or can't find) the "ps" command? Is this something I need to add? If so, where might I get it? Thanx.

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoCat
I haven't seen this specific problem mentioned so thought I'd throw it into the mix.

TivoWeb works fine for me but will lock the TiVo up after running for one week. I've tested this several times and it is definitely TiVoWeb doing it. How do I solve this problem? By rebooting my TiVo prior to it being up for one week straight.

This problem has been reported on unhacked units. Tivoweb apparently exacerbates the problem, but does not cause it. Search the forum for "3.0 event bug." It can happen 10 minutes or a month after a reboot, I have experienced both.

quote:
Also, does anyone know why my system doesn't have (or can't find) the "ps" command? Is this something I need to add? If so, where might I get it? Thanx.

It is included as a tivosh command. Search the forum to find where to download the linux binary.

quote:

tivosh has ps in it, I also attached an external version

Posted by: TiVoCat

Thanx Cspot and Zirak. Thought I had Tivosh installed. I'll have to double-check that and re-install if it comes to that.

Thanx for the info, anyways.

Posted by: Nascar

I'm using a Linksys router how do I move tivo to a higher port number.

Posted by: Throg

This has been happening to me for quite some time. I just read through all of these posts and don't see anything that helps me. At least nothing glaring. I have tivoweb on port 8000 with simple authentication (u/p in tivoweb.cfg) behind a D-Link router with no port pass through (I don't care to access it from the internet yet). As for details, <shrug>. I was using tivoweb to play and delete recordings about an hour ago. I shut it down and paid some bills. When I tried to start it back up, it just said "Web site found. Waiting for reply." But never opened the page. I'm totally clueless as to what other information to provide but I can echo what the others have been saying.

Posted by: zdenekjs

I've had it lock up myself. It's occurred using both the turbonet and the cachecard. Both the UI and tivoweb lock up I end up telnetting in to reboot it. I'd really like to use it, but I don't want to have it lock up.

Previously, when it locked up, I could connect to tivoweb, but no data would ever show up in the browser.

I'd try a ps when it locked up, but I don't seem to have that binary. Anyone know where to get it?

Last time it happened, we had finished watching something a few minutes before, and gone back to the now playing list. When I tried to scroll up or down, it was just dead, no response.

I've got my tivo accessible through the internet, but it's proxied through apache, via a secure login. Looking through the log, it's not showing anything around the time the TiVo crashed, not by days.

I've got a Sat-T60 with 40+120GB running 3.1.0b. It's happened on 3.1.0a and I think 3.0 as well. I'm shaking cobwebs, but I think I had the same problem when I originally installed the turbonet, which was on 2.5.

Posted by: sanderton

quote:
Originally posted by zdenekjs
I'd try a ps when it locked up, but I don't seem to have that binary. Anyone know where to get it?

Four posts up. :)

Posted by: Fofer

Hello, I am a new TiVoWeb (1.9.4) user and this thread is of interest to me since I'm experiencing the same thing. It all works perfectly, except once every 4-5 days or so my remote becomes unresponsive and I am unable to log into TiVoWeb. The only solution is to restart. Other than this the upgrade has been a a blissful experience that I have looked forward to for a verrry long time.

I have a Cachecard with 512 MB RAM, and a 160 GB drive in my Series 1 Phillips DirecTiVo (DSR-6000R01) It has been accessible to me through the internet, but it's proxied through apache, via a secure login.

For now I am going to eliminate the network variable by leaving the ethernet unhooked for a few days. But before I started to pull my hair out I figured I'd do a search here and see if anyone's been down the road before and can offer any helpful insights. After all, leaving the ethernet unplugged sort of defeats the very purpose of it all. :(

Is this something TiVoWebPlus might have addressed?

Posted by: Throg

When your remote stops remoting, and you can't get into Tivoweb, rebooting the tivo is the only recourse. When it's in such a state, telnet still works and you can issue a 'reboot' command which is a much cleaner restart than just pulling the power cord out.
When I had that intermittent problem, I found that simply deleting the phone.itcl module from tivoweb fixed it. And no, tivowebplus isn't any different in that regard.

Thank you Throg, I really appreciate the response. I will try rebooting via telnet the next time it happens and will also delete the phone.itcl module. Just curious though, what functionality does that effect?

Posted by: sanderton

The ability to trigger daily calls via TiVoWeb.

Oh, goodie. I can live without that! :)

EDIT: I just renamed phone.itcl to "phone.itcl.off", just so I can disable it yet still keep it around just in case. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my TiVo can stay up for more than a few days now.

Posted by: stickboy

The stock Web Remote module seems to lead to eventual freezes on some boxes too. If you use the Web Remote module, you should try replacing it with the version from this thread.

Posted by: cojonesdetoro

It is my understanding that this stuff is caused by the 'event bug'. There's a TCS module on the 'other site' called TCSCutfile.tcl that demonstrates a method to avoid the bug. The author (Rung) creates a script on-the-fly in the /tmp directory and then registers the event from that script instead. For some reason, it avoids the bug. I think the script exits once it's done doing what it does (dumping the state). I'm not sure if this method can be applied to the Tivoweb modules. I'm using it in one of my scripts in an attempt to circumvent the bug as well. I'm still testing but so far it looks good.

Posted by: dmbfan36_23

What's the 'other site"? and does that TCSCutfile.tcl work!? I installed TiVoWebPlus and it locked up my box twice last night... once on now playing... and 2 other times on while recording a video and watching it.. the screen got all pixelated and froze....

Posted by: French Fry

Interesting, just searching through the threads when I had the same issue. I don't have my port 80 exposed, so that's not it. I'll have to try out some of the other measures as this has just happened to me recently. I'm getting the feeling my wife isn't crazy about some of the stuff I've been doing to her TiVo lately :).

Posted by: French Fry

I also wanted to rename phone.itcl to "phone.itcl.off", but don't know the command. To get around I just ftp'd the phone.itcl off to rename it, but is there a way to do that directly in (tivo) linux?

Posted by: David Platt

Sure. Just move to the directory where it's located (which I'm assuming is /var/hack/tcl-tivoweb/modules, or something similar) and type:

code:
mv phone.itcl phone.itcl.off

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray