Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 31
Pages:1

What the heck happened to Matt Lauer?

(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

Posted by: montag

I never watch the Today show but happened to catch the first 5 minutes this morning when my local news ended. What happened to Matt's look? He used to have a "normal" amount of hair but now he has a buzz cut. It actually looks kind of disturbing. Not the best of looks for a leading man on a talk show. Does/did he have some kind of illness?

Posted by: QueenBee

He's had the buzz cut for quite awhile. Looks terrible.

Posted by: Turtleboy

I think he's just going bald, and has decided to accept it.

Posted by: Ebenezer

Yes, he mentioned after he did it that he is losing is hair and that this was his solution.

I think he looked much better before he buzzed it all off... even if he did think that he was losing his hair. If he doesn't want it longer, I think that he should just shave it ALL off. That would look much better than what he's got going on now.

Posted by: amtsuchida

The buzz cut seems to be really popular. My dad got one and so did my cousin. I guess they think that no one would notice the receding hair lines and it seems to be easier to take care off. I don't think either one of them would look good bald, so I don't think it is too bad.

Posted by: Bryanmc

He's had that cut for a LONG time.

As a follicly challenged individual myself, I wish a buzz cut like that would look good on me.

Posted by: QueenBee

Don't do it Bryan! Follicly challenged or not.

Posted by: Bryanmc

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee
Don't do it Bryan! Follicly challenged or not.

Well I certainly wouldn't do it if I wasn't bald!

One of the things that pisses me off so much is when a person with a nice, full head of hair does something stupid with it. Either shaving it, or just a bad, bad hairstyle.

Like last night at our church basketball game, there was a guy on the other team with a head full of hair and he had the worst '80s bowl cut I've ever seen. Makes me sad that all that hair is going to waste. :(

I've talked to the wife about doing the Philosofy, but she won't have it.

And FTR, I like Lauer's hair cut now.

Posted by: Satchel

Anyone remembering my old Avatar will know I am a buzz-cut man my self...I also haven't paid for a haircut in more than 10 years.
My rule is when the hair gets long enough that you start thinking about combing it, it's time for it all to come off, which is about every 5 weeks for me.
I love not thinking about my hair. I never get hat hair. I haven't touched a comb or brush in more than a decade.

Freedom, my friends....freedom.
Satchel

(did i mention I had regular hair when I met my wife...whew!)

Posted by: testify4

quote:
Originally posted by Satchel
I also haven't paid for a haircut in more than 10 years.

Me, either. But I have an Aveda Platinum Card for all the shampoo and conditioner I use! :D

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include(http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avsforum/archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/history/archive_functions.php on line 37

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final ©2000 - 2014 - Created by Stefan "Xenon" Kaeser Modified by Adam J. de Jaray