TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php)
- HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36)
-- New HR10-250 Owner has Bad UTV UI Withdrawals (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=175754)
Re: New HR10-250 Owner has Bad UTV UI Withdrawals
quote:Use the TiVo guide, not DirecTV grid.
Originally posted by duffin
1. Guide display speed/referesh is like pooring honey out of a bottle. How can we Tivo users live with this display speed? Being that the UTV is a four year old product, its channel guide is 4x faster. I don't want to hear that this product is for recording only. It is for tuning live TV too!
quote:Use the advance button to get back to the beginning. It may take a few clicks.
2. Stop button - on the UTV, I hit stop and I get a choice to RESUME or START OVER or DELETE recorded shows. There is no stop button on the Tivo! My four year old doesn't know what to do without this! He wants to start his show again when it ends. Maybe in future Tivo generations, they will incorpate this. I understand this generation of HR10-250's won't get it since there is no stop button on the remote.
quote:Use a manual recording if you want a date time slot.
6. When I set up a Season Pass recording, I want to repeat the day/time slot only. I have access to East/West network feeds and I record first run shows that repeat 5 times a day (i.e., Golf Central) that only need to be recorded the first time. The HR10-250 records multiple versions of the same show while the UTV stuck to the time slot I indicated for weekly recording. The UTV approach saves hard drive space.
quote:The HD DirecTiVo was designed to have "two tuners" each of which can be either tuning the sat or tuning OTA.
10. If both satellite tuners are recording shows on the HR10-250, I'd like the ability to tune to an OTA station for live tv viewing. Granted the UTV doesn't sport this, but why not the HR10-250? Not a withdrawal, I know, but it would be nice..
SAT-T60 (149 hours)
RCA DVR40 (35 hours)
Total Choice Plus w/ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC East/West Feeds
DirecTV customer.. Now with Locals too
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000, 2001.
(C)opyright - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not affiliated with TiVo Inc.