TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php)
- TiVo Underground (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8)
-- using mac os x (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=175927)
Woh! This is huge! So how would a typical Hinsdale style upgrade instruction go?
1) Remove drive(s) from Tivo.
2) Place in Mac tower (or Firewire cases).
3) Power on Mac (any concern with Mac writing anything to Tivo drives?). I'm assuming they won't mount.
4) Run devmapper app to figure out which drive is which.
5) Perform backup:
mfstool backup ....... (similar flags to what's in Hinsdale; device names called /dev/xxxx)
6) Perform restore or do a dd (would OS X dd work the same?)
7) Put back in Tivo and enjoy.
If this is the case, this is absolutely huge. I've been looking forward to the possibility of doing this for 3 years.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000, 2001.
(C)opyright - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not affiliated with TiVo Inc.