TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php)
- TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=35)
-- How slow should a wireless transfer be? (http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=181314)
I received my second TiVo yesterday and got it up and running wirelessly on my 802.11g network.
Two TiVos, two Belkin routers (one acting as an access point), a Mac desktop with Belkin wireless PCI card, and a PowerBook with a Belkin wireless PCMCIA card. All equipment 11g.
Once I got everything configured correctly, I tried transferring some shows:
- Basic quality = seemed to transfers twice as fast as viewing time (after 5 minutes of watching, I had about 10 minutes built-up). Maybe faster?
- High quality = seemed to transfer about 1:1 (after about 5 minutes of watching, I had about 30 sec. or 1 minute built-up)
- Medium = somewhere in between
- Best = I didn't have any Best shows recorded, so I didn't test. I'm expecting a bit of lag, but not too worried b/c I seldom TiVo in Best.
TiVo Series 2 - 60hr. + TiVo Series 2 - 40hr.
Two Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless routers (bridge and access point enabled)
Two Linksys USB200M
Mac G4 tower with Belkin F5D7000
PowerBook with Belkin F5D7010
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.8
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000, 2001.
(C)opyright - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not affiliated with TiVo Inc.