TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> dlink 624 and tivo wireless g connections <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
azboiler is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for azboiler Find more posts by azboiler Add azboiler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azboiler

Angry dlink 624 and tivo wireless g connections

Well, I have tried 6 different adapters now and ran through a million different settings on my dlink 624 router. I was trying to avoid buying a new router to connect to my tivo, which has no phone connection available. I have to inform anyone out there with a dlink 624 to STOP TRYING RIGHT NOW, save your time. It does NOT work under any setting or circumstance. I am going to salvage my 802.11g network and buy a wrtg54 from linksys, update the firmware, run it in mixed mode with my new wusb12 adapter. This works with the firmware update according to several in this forum. So my laptops g performance will be lousy, but I will have a wireless network intact with part-time g capabilities with my tivo up and running. I wish I would have cut to the chase 2 weeks ago. I have 1 day left in my guide data.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

azboiler is offline Old Post 07-05-2003 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azboiler Find more posts by azboiler Add azboiler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azboiler

Talking finally!! my g network works with tivo

removed dlink 624 wireless g air extreme router. replaced with linksys wrtg54. didn't even have to update the firmware. wusb12 on the tivo updated itself from the tivo. wrtg54 runs in mixed b/g mode. tivo connectivity and update is a success and my laptop still registers between 22-48mbps running on a dlink air extreme g card. Complete bliss!!!!!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Deathstroke is offline Old Post 07-05-2003 06:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deathstroke Find more posts by Deathstroke Add Deathstroke to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathstroke

Is it me or is Linksys the only company that makes wirless products that JUST WORK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX???

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 07-05-2003 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Actually, there are many postings here of people who have had numerous problems with the LinkSys WUSB11 wireless USB adapter. The LinkSys WUSB12 adapter seems to have solved many of those problems.

I think its more a matter of LinkSys just being in the market for more time and they've had more time to work out the issues.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randy98mtu is offline Old Post 07-09-2003 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for randy98mtu Find more posts by randy98mtu Add randy98mtu to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy98mtu

I've got the DI 624 and it works great with my laptop, right out of the box. Had to fiddle a minute or two with the WAN settings, but not the wireless. My TiVo is wired to the 624 and works fine. They sit next to each other so I have no need to try to go wireless with it.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Smakz is offline Old Post 07-12-2003 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Smakz Visit Smakz's homepage! Find more posts by Smakz Add Smakz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smakz

Solution! (sorta)

I was having problems connecting to a D-Link 624 w/ a Linksys USB Wireless adapter (which worked fine connecting to my old SMC wireless barricade).

I ended up getting a $29 linksys USB100M, plugging that into the tivo, and running a short cable to a linksys WET11 wireless ethernet bridge (which I happened to have lying around from my old Tivo 1/TivoNet). Worked like a charm.

Not the ideal solution, but it works, so im happy.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged