TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> $59 deal on HMO <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mumpower is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 07:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mumpower Visit mumpower's homepage! Find more posts by mumpower Add mumpower to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mumpower

$59 deal on HMO

I have seen this offer referenced on some of the backboards as a limited time offer expiring on July 30. We recently purchased a series 2, and would like to pick up the HMO. We can only find the $99 standard pricing offer though.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sleaze160 is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sleaze160 Find more posts by sleaze160 Add sleaze160 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleaze160

I got the message on my Tivo as well, and when I got to the site www.tivo.com/tryit it just takes me to the regular HMO sign up page. There is no mention of the refund. Has anyone signed up for this yet? is there any info after you sign up?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hawkamer is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 10:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hawkamer Find more posts by hawkamer Add hawkamer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hawkamer
Super Duper Member

http://tivo.com/4.9.15.asp

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

It should be noted that the promotion that was linked to is only available to customers who had their TiVo DVR connected to their broadband connection on July 7th. We ran a query of those customers and sent them the messages, and only those customers are eligible for the promotion.

For everybody else, keep your eyes open.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmace57 is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmace57 Find more posts by jmace57 Add jmace57 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmace57
Large Member

I will

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill

For everybody else, keep your eyes open.

Maybe good news for us who already have HMO? Or is this for future HMO'ers?

Jim

60 Hour TiVo Series 2
157 Hour TiVo Series 2

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cejay is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cejay Find more posts by cejay Add cejay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cejay

How is this good news for us who ALREADY dished out the FULL 99$ AND were early adopters in good faith of the HMO program..

We got screwed out of 40$.. this rebate should be applied to us.
I figured this would probably happen but was excited to get it early.
O well
cj

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

Still confused on exactly who is eligible for the $40 rebate if HMO purchased before 7/30/03. I purchased and activated a Series 2 TiVo on 7/17/03, and am interested in purchasing HMO also. If I do it before 7/30, am I eligible for the rebate? And will it come automatically even though the sign-up information indicates $99? Thanks for any info on this.

Al Finegold
afinegold@msn.com

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeburnett is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 10:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeburnett Find more posts by jeburnett Add jeburnett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeburnett

Just bought and hooked up my Series 2 on 7/18. Bought HMO right away. Called Tivo to inquire about rebate and was told I didn't qualify because I didn't have the broadband connection up on 7/7. After getting no where with the CSR, I asked for a manager and had a polite discussion regarding my good customer status (3 years using a Series 1) and my new purchase and agreement to buy HMO.

Long story made short, they gave me the rebate.

Moral of the story: be polite and give them a good business reason to treat you the way you want. It does work!

Jonathan

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerBob Find more posts by FarmerBob Add FarmerBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerBob

What is going on with this offer?

Just got off the phone with Tech/Customer and they reluctantly admitted that there is a promotion of a $40 rebate. You have to pay in full first and get a refund in mid August. But had no knowledge of the series of promos that my TiVo downloaded the other morning at 1:33am MDT. Where the spokes person talked about the 30 day free trial that would start on August 4th.

I should have known that there was something strange when half way through the promos there were movie trailers for the latest batch of premiers and that the web address: tivo.com/getready was invalid and that at the end of the videos where there was said to be a "yes" to select that I never saw. The real strange thing is that this downloaded promos are no where to be found in my machine. If I hadn't watched it I would have never known of it. And yes I had my unit on a network.

I sent an eMail to Customer Service, but didn't get a confirmation that it was properly sent. So I have no idea if they got it.

Is this the normal way TiVo Corporate does things. If so I'm not interested. Plus the picture quality is better from my Dish box and the Off Air antennae by themselves. The TiVo series 2 box is only mucking things up. And they are using MPEG4 (Draft) and the Dish box MPEG2? I don't get this.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 08:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: What is going on with this offer?

quote:
Originally posted by FarmerBob
Just got off the phone with Tech/Customer and they reluctantly admitted that there is a promotion of a $40 rebate. You have to pay in full first and get a refund in mid August. But had no knowledge of the series of promos that my TiVo downloaded the other morning at 1:33am MDT. Where the spokes person talked about the 30 day free trial that would start on August 4th.

I should have known that there was something strange when half way through the promos there were movie trailers for the latest batch of premiers and that the web address: tivo.com/getready was invalid and that at the end of the videos where there was said to be a "yes" to select that I never saw. The real strange thing is that this downloaded promos are no where to be found in my machine. If I hadn't watched it I would have never known of it. And yes I had my unit on a network.

I sent an eMail to Customer Service, but didn't get a confirmation that it was properly sent. So I have no idea if they got it.

Is this the normal way TiVo Corporate does things. If so I'm not interested. Plus the picture quality is better from my Dish box and the Off Air antennae by themselves. The TiVo series 2 box is only mucking things up. And they are using MPEG4 (Draft) and the Dish box MPEG2? I don't get this.

The show that you are referring to is the recorded each week and contains video clips for upcoming promotions/trailers/offers etc. We air it at an inexpensive time, and then slice it up to be used in different promotions and features throughout the week. When a promotion begins, it automatically shows up in Showcases. The particular promotion that you are referring hasn't started yet, so that is why you don't see it, our call center doesn't know about it, and the URL's don't work. When it actually appears on your TiVo, everything will work just as your expecting.

As far as not receiving an e-mail auto-response, the company who handles our e-mail had some system issues today, but things should be back to normal shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerBob Find more posts by FarmerBob Add FarmerBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerBob

Thank you TiVo Bill . . .

All makes sense now. But why don't the support people know this? I would imagine that if there was any possibility that any consumer, and this was a Dish Network open broadcast, could view the download that there would be information for these people that will call in when things (tivo.com/getready) didn't work . . . yet.

I think I will miss out. Just yesterday I had to have the unit that this all happened in/on replaced with a new unit. I won't see the broadcast with the "yes" to select in the machine. I found out my service number had been changed during the daily call that followed immediately after the DL of these promos and the new unit was not part of this.

Yo, Bill now that I have your "eye" . . . What's with the low picture quality? Dish and Off Air direct are far better than through TiVo. Yes, I'm using S-Video.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 09:42 PM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: Thank you TiVo Bill . . .

quote:

Yo, Bill now that I have your "eye" . . . What's with the low picture quality? Dish and Off Air direct are far better than through TiVo. Yes, I'm using S-Video.

Well picture quality is a subjective thing, but you should see little difference between a straight-to-tv feed and a feed that goes through TiVo. I assume your talking about Live TV (the quality of recordings varies based on whatever quality setting you select)? You might try different cabling, make sure there is no interference, etc.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mbernste is offline Old Post 07-27-2003 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mbernste Find more posts by mbernste Add mbernste to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mbernste

Re: Re: What is going on with this offer?

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
The show that you are referring to is the recorded each week and contains video clips for upcoming promotions/trailers/offers etc. We air it at an inexpensive time, and then slice it up to be used in different promotions and features throughout the week.

TiVoBill,
Any chance that TiVo might consider a different channel or time to air the "Advanced Paid Program"/"Teleworld" so that those who do not get Discovery between 1AM and 6AM can get the showcase content? I know there are a lot of channels out there that have "infomerical blocks" that are not permitted to be pre-empted (like Discovery allows). Comcast's G4 for example, has an "infomerical block" between 6-9AM, other (more common channels) like TV Land and Gameshow Network also have these blocks. I would think their pricing would be competitive with Discovery and would allow more people to get the TiVo content and increased eyeballs for your advertisements.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 07-27-2003 03:10 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: Re: Re: What is going on with this offer?

quote:
Originally posted by mbernste
TiVoBill,
Any chance that TiVo might consider a different channel or time to air the "Advanced Paid Program"/"Teleworld" so that those who do not get Discovery between 1AM and 6AM can get the showcase content? I know there are a lot of channels out there that have "infomerical blocks" that are not permitted to be pre-empted (like Discovery allows). Comcast's G4 for example, has an "infomerical block" between 6-9AM, other (more common channels) like TV Land and Gameshow Network also have these blocks. I would think their pricing would be competitive with Discovery and would allow more people to get the TiVo content and increased eyeballs for your advertisements.

That's outside of my area of knowledge, but I know that we have looked at alternatives in the past (we actually used a different network before Discovery). Keep in mind that Discovery is one of our investors, so I'm sure they give us a really good deal.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 07-27-2003 06:10 AM
FarmerBob

Thanks TiVoBill but . . .

It's all going back. The picture is not subjective. It's lack of quality. I have done some investigating, read many reviews, talked to some fellow media designers and installers (HAPro, CEIDA), and TiVo is not known for its picture quality. It's basically classified as a "Blue Collar/Entry Level DVR" with enough gadgets to get the general public hooked and a picture that is passable on an average sized TV, not meant for mid to upper scale installations or larger screens. My attraction was the GUI. Just great, needs some work, but the best feature overall.

I have top of the line industrial S-Video cabling and still the direct Off Air picture through modulators and distribution panels is better than a raw feed through the TiVo box. Hooking it up to my modulators was laughable compared to a 15 year old VCR. My Echostar PVR508 is crystal clear and their hardware is considered junk. Well their GUI is since TiVo has all the copyrights. In the long run it's going to be cheaper for me to get the locals off the Dish.

I'm getting headaches from naturally trying to focus on the just-enough-out-of-focus picture. I thought I needed glasses or my monitor was going. And the artifacts and banding, just way too much junk. All this from the second/replacement unit. And the Blue Screen of no reception. That didn't happen with the first box, but that picture was worse. I could never install one of these for a client, unless they signed a waiver. This is not subjective, but actual.

Also, Tech/Customer Support, depending on who's what on which day, and which one you get after spending 10-15 minutes talking to a computer to get where you think you are going, is as dumb as a box of rocks. They would much rather argue with you than help. None had half the information that is in this forum. Every one I have spoken to has been contrary to say the least. Contradiction skills seem to be a prerequisite for the job. What ever happen to "0" for a live helpful person? I am not impressed at all by the product nor the support system. If it weren't for the hype, gadgetry, and the active lifestyles of middle America, I rather doubt this product would have much of a chance of survival. Many of the reviews I read started off by saying that TiVo is having a hard time getting started in the market. I can see why.

Up the hardware quality and lose the CS/TS attitude.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AndySFCA is offline Old Post 07-28-2003 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndySFCA Find more posts by AndySFCA Add AndySFCA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndySFCA

Well, I guess us "Blue Collar Folk" will just have to do with the "TiVo Junk."

For poor lil' ol' me spending $700 to get two TiVos with HMO plus $26 every month is a LOT of money.... and well worth the price.

Sorry that I don't have thousands of dollars laying around
Have fun with your high-end equipment

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 07-28-2003 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

And now back to the HMO $40 rebate issue which was the subject of this thread......... Any new info or rumors on that???

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 07-28-2003 02:47 PM
FarmerBob

New Downlaod of Free Trial Promo 7/28

I was watching a program off the Dish and the TiVo asked, well it changed the channel and started doing its thing and then asked if it could download some operational material. Thinking is was the last bunch of promos I turned on record on my Dish PVR the first 23 minutes was black on the TiVo while some infomercial recorded and showed on my other PVR's. Then right at the end of the 23 minutes the Free Trial Promo played and I got it on disk. So now if I call in and C/T support knows nothing I can play it for them.

And yes I said that this was going back, but I have until the middle of August to play.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

illuminations25 is offline Old Post 07-29-2003 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for illuminations25 Find more posts by illuminations25 Add illuminations25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
illuminations25

Re: New Downlaod of Free Trial Promo 7/28

quote:
So now if I call in and C/T support knows nothing I can play it for them.

The folks at Tivo Support/Customer Service won't know about the promotion until it becomes active on the boxes. They have likely either 1) been told about the promotion, but told to not acknowledge it until it becomes active on boxes or 2) are not told until they start working after the promotion has started. The offer likely isn't even loaded into their computers as being able to offer it to a person until it becomes active on the boxes.

Tivo uses those early morning programs to send updates and various video clips that are chopped up for use by the recorder and indexed into various promotions and such. So when we get to see them in advance it's just that the offer will be coming, not that it is yet active.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ufo4sale is offline Old Post 07-29-2003 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ufo4sale Find more posts by ufo4sale Add ufo4sale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ufo4sale
TiVo Forum Special Member

did anyone get an email from tivo recently about a free trial for HMO?

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged