TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anybody got the free trial yet??? <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rtivo99 is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rtivo99 Find more posts by rtivo99 Add rtivo99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rtivo99

Wink Anybody got the free trial yet???

I know I am sounding impatient but I am anxious to test it out. I am going on vacation Tuesday the 5th and I want to make sure the remote scheduling is working before I go. The info on my Tivo said the trial starts on the 4th so I've been forcing a connection all day to see if maybe Tivo had already put the update out there.

Let me know if you get it so I can try to update my system....

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jpdst22 is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jpdst22 Find more posts by jpdst22 Add jpdst22 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jpdst22
;)

Cool

Yeah, mine isn't working yet as well...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beejay is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beejay Find more posts by beejay Add beejay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beejay

I forced daily calls on both Series 2's this morning and do not have HMO yet.

(It would have made sense for this to have been automatic by date, rather than require a call, but who knows how TiVo is handling it.)

From the problems they had earlier of shutting off HMO for some of those that had paid for it, maybe they are still working out bugs.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomlouie is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomlouie Find more posts by tomlouie Add tomlouie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomlouie

Not here yet, as of 8/4 6am EST.

Tom

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Still no go here, I logged into my TIVO account and it says that I do not have HMO.

I am so ready to give it a try.

8/4 10:28 AM Central

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Idicaii is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Idicaii Find more posts by Idicaii Add Idicaii to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Idicaii

Nothing here yet either. I logged in at 12:01 am this morning thinking it would just "happen" and was disapointed it wasn't available. It it works half as well as the description I'll definately buy it!

8/4/3 11:36 am EST

- Rodney

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

I am with you Rodney. This will be a great feature to have, since I take a lot of digital photos and have lots of MP3's. This will be great for get togethers when everyone doesn't have to stand around my 17 inch MAC. I will be able to show off my photos on my 50 inch Pioneer instead. Hopefully, if I can get everything to work.

al ma

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TampaThunder is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TampaThunder Find more posts by TampaThunder Add TampaThunder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TampaThunder
Mr. Dead Money

Not here yet either. Looking forward to the remote scheduling. The computer's right next to the TV and it's a lot easier to type than to use that darn peanut.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 09:49 PM

Peanut.....that's funny. Never thought about the remote like that.

al ma

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sghogan is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sghogan Find more posts by sghogan Add sghogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sghogan

Unhappy

I too am waiting on the HMO free trial to activate. Service call for 8/4 has occured and I restarted TIVO.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Patience everybody. August 4th is just getting started. They havn't processed the requests yet, so nobody has started the Free Trial yet. They will process them later today, and at that point, your Home Media Option Trial will start the next time that you connect to the TiVo service.

For those of you who have a Series2 DVR and didn't receive the Showcase highlighting the trial, send me a PM with your name and TiVo Service Number and I will get you signed up (it will take a few days since it will be done manually). By the way, you won't see Home Media Option in Manage My Account since you haven't actually ordered it (yet!).

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomlouie is offline Old Post 08-04-2003 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomlouie Find more posts by tomlouie Add tomlouie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomlouie

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
Patience everybody. August 4th is just getting started. They havn't processed the requests yet, so nobody has started the Free Trial yet. They will process them later today, and at that point, your Home Media Option Trial will start the next time that you connect to the TiVo service.

Thanks for the update Bill!

Tom

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

barlav is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for barlav Find more posts by barlav Add barlav to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barlav

I signed up for the free trial on 07/02 and one thing I noticed is that when chose "Yes" for the free trial it asked me to press "Select" to continue and when I did it took me back to the choose "Yes" question again. I never got to any screen that confirmed whether I was in our not. Can I assume that I have been signed up for the free trial? I guess I will know soon enough.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TiVoBill
[B]Patience everybody. August 4th is just getting started. They havn't processed the requests yet, so nobody has started the Free Trial yet. They will process them later today, and at that point, your Home Media Option Trial will start the next time that you connect to the TiVo service.

Thanks so much for the quick reply Bill!!! Can't wait to try it out.

al ma

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:24 AM

By the way, you won't see Home Media Option in Manage My Account since you haven't actually ordered it (yet!). [/B][/QUOTE]

Bill, if we decide that I want to go ahead and get HMO. Can we order it for the advertise price of $59.00 before the trial has expired?

thanks,

al ma

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Flowbee is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flowbee Find more posts by Flowbee Add Flowbee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flowbee

The $59.00 discount price is available now. It's currently advertised right on tivo's homepage.

Turns out you pay $99 up front and get a $40 credit back in 3 weeks.

I signed up this morning.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Idicaii is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Idicaii Find more posts by Idicaii Add Idicaii to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Idicaii

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to get here! I've checked this forum several times already today in hopes of news that somebody had MHO going, but not yet.

Thanks Bill for the update, I appreciate you folks keeping us informed. The HMO free trial is the coolest thing to come along in some time. Everything about TiVo is cool, but this is the ULTRA creamy icing on the top! Now... when will HMO become a household service... you know, do my laundry, start supper, clean the litter boxes?

- Rodney

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kkranghkar is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kkranghkar Find more posts by Kkranghkar Add Kkranghkar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kkranghkar

Well, at around 11:40pm last night (Sunday night, Aug 3rd), TiVo made a service data call, and was downloading forever -- it was one of those calls that seems like a software update, not a programming & schedule download.

It was downloading over my 802.11b connection for 22 minutes (which I assume means that it downloaded at least 30MB)... I was really hoping that was additional HMO software, so I forced a call last night and a reboot this morning, but HMO wasn't there yet .

So anyway, I know they're processing requests sometime today, but what kind of call does TiVo need to make to enable it? The normal "connection" call or another special service data call? Or, in other words, is this the type of call you can force from the TiVo -> Settings -> ... screen?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

salvag is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for salvag Find more posts by salvag Add salvag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salvag

Unhappy

It's 9:33 PM Central Time and I just forced an update call on both my Tivo's and still have yet to have the HMO enabled on either tivos. Has anyone gotten their free trial activated yet?

The day is almost over .......

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FANofTIVO is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 08:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FANofTIVO Find more posts by FANofTIVO Add FANofTIVO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FANofTIVO

Nope. 10:40 EST. Still Waiting.....

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged