TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> 1st Time HMO setup <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for capnqwest Visit capnqwest's homepage! Find more posts by capnqwest Add capnqwest to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capnqwest

1st Time HMO setup

I'm running the Linksys WUSB11 2.6 adapter, the Linksys WRTG54G router (set to B mode only with no WEP) and I can't seem to figure out how to use the Tivo HMO. I've restarted the TIVO and the router but no change. I've also properly set up the Tivo server on a Windows XP Pro box.

I've also read through a ton of these forum posts but still can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

What happens at the Music and Photos screen

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for capnqwest Visit capnqwest's homepage! Find more posts by capnqwest Add capnqwest to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capnqwest

How do you get to that screen?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 07:21 AM
capnqwest

See what's weird is that even though I've paid for the HMO (I just checked my account to make sure) and the recorder has downloaded all of the necessary updates, I never get to the network settings on the main menu. My only option is "recorder and phone settings" instead of "phone and network settings as per the guide".

I have a Tivo Series 2 80 hour that I purchased yesterday.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 07:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

I found this link at Tivo customer support that should help you out

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 07:33 AM
capnqwest

Yep, something's wrong with my box. I found that page too and I never see a section called "settings". My neighbor's box mathces that but not my screen. Guess I'll have to call customer service. bummer.

I don't even have an option for Tivolution magazine on my box. ????

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 07:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by capnqwest
Yep, something's wrong with my box. I found that page too and I never see a section called "settings". My neighbor's box mathces that but not my screen. Guess I'll have to call customer service. bummer.

If you don't get the "Phone and Network Settings" screen it just means that your DVR doesn't recognize your network adapter. We have lots of things to try on our website:

General Network Troubleshooting Tips (try these first, especially Step 2)
Wireless Network Troubleshooting Tips

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 08:10 AM
capnqwest

Ok, Just to make sure the 2.6 adapter was working, I plugged it into my laptop. After installing the drivers from the CD, it found the 802.11b network just fine. The adapter is getting power from the USB port but no link light comes. on. I've reset the Tivo like three times now after unplugging and re-plugging the adapter back in.

How can I tell if the drivers are loaded onto my machine? Does Tivo still support the WUSB version 2.6 adapters?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Ok, Just to make sure the 2.6 adapter was working, I plugged it into my laptop. After installing the drivers from the CD, it found the 802.11b network just fine. The adapter is getting power from the USB port but no link light comes. on. I've reset the Tivo like three times now after unplugging and re-plugging the adapter back in.

How can I tell if the drivers are loaded onto my machine? Does Tivo still support the WUSB version 2.6 adapters?

Yes, the WUSB11 2.6 adapters are supported (I use them here at home). Did you make sure to plug the adapter in tight? Specifically, it's possible for the Power light to come on without the adapter being pushed in all the way. Make sure you push it until it "clicks." If that doesn't work, you may try reversing the USB cable so that the end currently plugged into your DVR plugs into the adapter instead and vice versa. Once you have done both of those things, you should restart if it still doesn't recognize the adapter.

Once last thing: What is the software version listed on System Information?

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 08:30 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:

I don't even have an option for Tivolution magazine on my box. ????

I just re-read this post. If you don't actually have the "Settings" menu in Messages & Setup, your not running software version 4.0. Check the software version on System Information to make sure.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 10:04 AM
capnqwest

Crap- even worse. 3.1.1-01-2-1FO

I thougt it upgraded itself automatically???? How do I get the newer version? It says it last made a connection at 1:56pm today and it was successful.

Last edited by capnqwest on 09-22-2003 at 10:29 AM

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 10:30 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Crap- even worse. 3.1.1-01-2-1FO

I thougt it upgraded itself automatically????

Sure it's not version 3.0.1-01-2-1F0? Generally a new DVR would update to 4.0.1 on it's first connection to the TiVo service after Guided Setup was completed, but the software version you listed is for a prototype box which could explain why it hasn't updated yet. Did you purchase it at retail? Can you send me a PM with your name and TiVo service number?

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 10:39 AM
capnqwest

Yep, bought it retail last night in Seattle. I sent you a PM with the info you requested. Thanks

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

capnqwest is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 12:31 PM
capnqwest

Thanks Bill. Upgrading the software to 4 solved my problem. Now if I can just get XP to run the Publisher software without making it reboot my machine!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged