TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "Mr. or Mrs. Irrelevant" <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sir_whinealot is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir_whinealot Find more posts by Sir_whinealot Add Sir_whinealot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir_whinealot
Seenyer Member

Lightbulb "Mr. or Mrs. Irrelevant"

Okay, I know there's many out there who still don't have 2.5, and are VERY unhappy about it, but besides being patient....at this point, what can you do?

Sure, you can bitch and moan and gripe here on the boards, call TiVo CSR's and plead (which won't do anything), but the bottom line is, ya gotta wait.

So why not have a little fun with this?

So how 'bout this: The very *last* person to get the 2.5 upgrade (this can be qualified by serial number) can win the "Mr./Mrs. Irrelevant" award...just like they do it for the last drafted player in the NFL!

Fly 'em out to TiVo HQ's, put 'em up in a nice hotel with access to a limo (a CSR driving them around in their '98 Taurus), a nice dinner with Mr.'s Barton and Ramsey, and then, getting taken out to an evening movie with RB (*he* buys the popcorn!). Hek, maybe he'd even take you to the zoo!

A little "Mr./Mrs. Irrelevant" trophy or plaque would be a nice touch, along with a "life size" TiVo doll! Top it off with a nice Laurel, and "Hardy handshake" and voila! Youse got yerselves a nice little pkg for being the very last picked!

Hey...it's somethin' to shoot for (and it certainly beats the "goat" someone else had mentioned)!

~If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?~

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

notmestl is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 08:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for notmestl Find more posts by notmestl Add notmestl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
notmestl
Advanced Member

I love it! I'm in!!

------------------
Enjoy your TiVo! I do!
Sony T-60
"Oh where, oh where has my 2.5 gone... oh where, oh where has it gone.. Dual tuners are close but not yet turned on. Oh where, oh where has it gone."
The Dual Tuner Song by Notme in STL

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmtech is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 09:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmtech Find more posts by tmtech Add tmtech to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmtech

This is the BEST 2.5 post I've seen!

Great funny idea!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Enkidu is offline Old Post 09-23-2001 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Enkidu Visit Enkidu's homepage! Find more posts by Enkidu Add Enkidu to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enkidu
TivoBuddy

God Bless the USA

[This message has been edited by Enkidu (edited 09-23-2001).]

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

erivers is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for erivers Find more posts by erivers Add erivers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
erivers
Clementine

I'm still in the race!

------------------
I feel more like I do right now than I have all day.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

redrouteone is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redrouteone Find more posts by redrouteone Add redrouteone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redrouteone
This Space for Lease

If you have two DTiVos and one has already gotten 2.5, but the second is the last one to get it, are you disqualified?

------------------
I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Soh Yamamura)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JasonE is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonE Find more posts by JasonE Add JasonE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JasonE

I'm still in the running.

-Jason

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cyborg is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 07:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cyborg Find more posts by Cyborg Add Cyborg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cyborg

You can all get behind me (or is it in front of me in this case?) because this prize is mine!

------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
-Albert Einstein

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tater2 is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tater2 Find more posts by tater2 Add tater2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tater2
Tarheel Tivo

I am still in it to. No 2.5 make tater2 go crazy

------------------
1 SAT-T60
2 SRV-2000

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JasonE is offline Old Post 09-24-2001 07:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonE Find more posts by JasonE Add JasonE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JasonE

quote:
Originally posted by Cyborg:
You can all get behind me (or is it in front of me in this case?) because this prize is mine!

Make a bet. It's all mine and yes my DirecTiVo is making it's daily calls.

-Jason

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged