TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Using Digiguide to set manual recordings via TiVo web <<<

Pages (5): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bobnick is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

But why would a regular "S Club" wishlist match tennis from Queen's Club?

Cheers for the tip - shame that Tribune don't bother putting any programme information in which would have made the wishlist work, or even set a correct OAD.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

quote:
Originally posted by bobnick

Cheers for the tip - shame that Tribune don't bother putting any programme information in which would have made the wishlist work, or even set a correct OAD.

Good for you bobnick... nowt to be ashamed of, s club show the world you don't need talent to achieve

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

Hope for us all yet - but that wishlist wasn't for me - honest!

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:

I guess the non alpha character is cosidered part of the preceding word, but signifies the end of the word, so "Queen's Club" is indexed as "QUEEN' S CLUB"

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 01:10 AM
bobnick
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by sanderton
To make a "HARRY HILL" wishlist record Harry Hill's TV Burp, edit it to be:

"HARRY HILL"*

That needs to be "Harry Hill*" to work...

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

I have mine with the asterisk outside, seems to wok fine.

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RobBellis is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobBellis Find more posts by RobBellis Add RobBellis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobBellis

quote:

Is that another HH surrealism?

Thinks of Stuart slicing TiVo into small shards and cooking.....

Rgds,

R.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 04:40 AM
bobnick
Advanced Member

quote:

I set it up with it outside ("*) and it didn't pick anything up - I even went into the settings a couple of times to check. Changing it to *" made it pick up TV Burp.

Unfortunately, it also made me realise how rubbish the Tribune data is as the wishlist wanted to record the repeated showing on ITV2.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 06:39 AM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Digiguide says that the one on ITV on Sunday is a repeat but the one on ITV2 on Monday is a new one - is that not right?

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pahunt is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 03:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pahunt Find more posts by pahunt Add pahunt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pahunt
TiVo Forum Special Member

How does all this asterisk business fit in with the fact that my wishlist for "Billy Connolly" is happily picking up episodes of "Billy Connolly's World Tour of Australia"?

120GB 6022 | Cachecard | Sky Digital

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 05:38 PM
bobnick
Advanced Member

Does Billy Connolly's World Tour of Australia have a description? Tribune haven't bothered to set the OAD, episode title or any description for Harry Hill - it doesn't even give it one episode ID a week. Pretty unacceptable for an ITV1 show. This means the wishlist has to match the title (the only info Tivo has) - whereas in the past it would match the words "Harry Hill has..." in the description.

Stuart: There's one new episode of Harry Hill a week - on the Thursday on ITV1. As far as I know, all other showings are a repeat of this one.

Thanks for your help on getting the wishlish sorted - it's just a real shame I'm having to break it again, as the guide data is completely wrong and gives me 4 showings a week. It's back to manual recording again! (Roll on Digiguide plugins!)

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pahunt is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 05:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pahunt Find more posts by pahunt Add pahunt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pahunt

quote:
Does Billy Connolly's World Tour of Australia have a description?

Yes it does and I hadn't thought to look at that. Some people are just too clever for their own good

120GB 6022 | Cachecard | Sky Digital

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

Those who like tidy clean code will be glad to hear that I am not attempting to do this work myself. I'm collaborating with the guy who created DABdig, Paul Webster. We're making some progress. I for one, don't want you to miss a single opportunity to see S Club at their best, bobnick

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-08-2003 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

I have always believed it a good idea to have a free-standing EPG rather than a embedded one, especially when you want to control more than one recording device.

However, that is only one part of the equation, especially when wanting to use market forces to improve the quantity and accuracy of guide data.

I think that it is also a good idea to have an EPG which is compiled from multiple sources.

For example, you could add a film review to a source that has good genre classifications but only a film synopsis.

For example, you may find the last minute programme changes listings more accurate using a web source rather than a daily download.

quote:
I'm working on module at the moment which does this the other way around - it checks the To Do List against Digiguide and tells you if there's a possible error.

I remember you mentioned this in another thread, but I am still not sure exactly what you are checking - care to expand?

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 07:34 AM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

It looks at the channel, start time, duration and series title of every episode in the To Do list and compares it to what is listed in the same slot on Digiguide, highlighting discrepancies.

It's working quite nicely on my machine now; there's probably another weekend of tidying up to do before I let it loose on an unsuspecting forum.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
It looks at the channel, start time, duration and series title of every episode in the To Do list and compares it to what is listed in the same slot on Digiguide, highlighting discrepancies.

It's working quite nicely on my machine now; there's probably another weekend of tidying up to do before I let it loose on an unsuspecting forum.

It will be interesting to hear some feedback using real data, rather than anecdotal evidence, on the reliability of Tribune v Digiguide listings.

I wonder if either of them do as well as the Radio Times web site at incorporating late schedule changes? >
http://www.radiotimes.beeb.com/cont...hedule_updates/

If the Radio Times web site significantly beats Digiguide and/or Tribune at late schedule changes, a suggestion. Use a script to compare the "To Do" list with the web site, if a change in the time of a programme to be recorded is noted, automatically update the "To Do" list. It would also be possible to compare the Season Pass / Wish list in case a late programme substitution throws up something that should be added to the "To Do" list.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn
Use a script to compare the "To Do" list with the [Radio Times] web site, if a change in the time of a programme to be recorded is noted, automatically update the "To Do" list.

... or more useful, where conflicts might ensue, send an email.

Ian.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 10:26 PM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn
It will be interesting to hear some feedback using real data, rather than anecdotal evidence, on the reliability of Tribune v Digiguide listings.

I wonder if either of them do as well as the Radio Times web site at incorporating late schedule changes? >
http://www.radiotimes.beeb.com/cont...hedule_updates/

If the Radio Times web site significantly beats Digiguide and/or Tribune at late schedule changes, a suggestion. Use a script to compare the "To Do" list with the web site, if a change in the time of a programme to be recorded is noted, automatically update the "To Do" list. It would also be possible to compare the Season Pass / Wish list in case a late programme substitution throws up something that should be added to the "To Do" list.

Well in my testing to date, I've actually yet to find an error in Tribune's listings vs Digiguide!

I've used Diguiguide because a) I've found their listings to be good over the years and b) they have a PDA edition, and it's a hell of a lot faster and easier getting TiVo to pretend to be PDA and download and interpret those nice simple pages than getting it to scrape complex stuff like the RT site!

I've also started some PC software which would do a check of the entire TiVo db against Digigide, Ananova and the RT.

Reschedulting would mean creating a manual timed recording for the RT slot - possible, but messy.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 10:29 PM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:
Originally posted by iankb
... or more useful, where conflicts might ensue, send an email.

Ian.

Look out for the next version of DailyMail.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RobBellis is offline Old Post 11-10-2003 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobBellis Find more posts by RobBellis Add RobBellis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobBellis

About checking and finding errors and conflicts....

quote:
Look out for the next version of DailyMail.

No! What it needs to do is log on here, post to the errors thread, page Jim from Tribune and keeps on nagging every minute until it's fixed.

Now that's a killer app.

Rgds,

R.

p.s. Of course to be a *real* killer app we would need to outfit out TiVo with some sort of weaponry, anyone for a modded TiVo for Robot Wars?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged