TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> pre-order <<<

Pages (269): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by AbMagFab
I pre-ordered too... It said $899 ($914 with shipping) on the checkout page. Did I get charged $100 or $914?
In the description of the offer they say even though the checkout will show the full price, you'll only be charged the deposit amount right now.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by AbMagFab
I pre-ordered too... It said $899 ($914 with shipping) on the checkout page. Did I get charged $100 or $914?

We are only charging the deposit, in your case $100.. You also get the $100. discount, so your balance will be $799.99 plus $15. shipping, which will be charged the same day we ship.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

To get a different shipping from Value, I called them. They said, I just need to mention that on the comments sectioni.

For 95124, overnight was $75, 2nd day morning was $50 ($45 for the end of 2nd day).

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rvaniwaa is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rvaniwaa Find more posts by rvaniwaa Add rvaniwaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rvaniwaa
HDTiVo Owner!

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
We are only charging the deposit, in your case $100.. You also get the $100. discount, so your balance will be $799.99 plus $15. shipping, which will be charged the same day we ship.

Please keep us abreast as to when they will be coming in (hourly updates probably would not be a problem!:-) )

--Ron

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by jdk
Over 400 visits to the page so far... He says he'll only take 350 pre-orders.

Anyone know when this offer went up? It'll be interesting to see how quickly the pre-orders fill up...

Don't worry about the counter. When I first started designing the page I put a counter on it. Between my development, my dramatis personae contributions and vendors approval the counter was at 70 when we launched the offer this morning.

I don't have a total on how many pre-orders have been booked, but it's far below 350.

BTW, doesn't anyone like the Harmony and other special offers?

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Are you sure you can't take Pegasus people? I won't tell on you! Do we have any options besides waiting for them to come to stores?

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:

I covet my MX-500. And if my neighbor had one, I'd probably covet his too.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

quote:

You ain't getting my MX-700 until you pry it out of my cold, dead hands

And I did appreciate the additional 10% discount because I was ordering a dish as well...but then I found I was better off just getting the dish from DirecTV so I cancelled that part of the order.

But I did like it, honest

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Harmony remotes are useful for throwing against a wall. I just remodeled, so I really don't want to damage my walls intentionally.

I'd consider another MX-700 or even an MX-800 but you apparently are an authorized dealer for them, so it's really not price competitive.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

quote:
Originally posted by pkscout
I covet my MX-500. And if my neighbor had one, I'd probably covet his too.

I see we're on the same wavelength here...though I have to say that as much as I loved my 500, the 700 is so much nicer.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmrife is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmrife Find more posts by jmrife Add jmrife to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmrife
potato potato potato

A good deal on the Harmony

I took advantage of the pre-order offer (thanks for getting this process started!) and jumped at the Harmony at that price. If you don't know it, this is a truly wife-friendly device that is activity based, rather than device based.

It sets up the macros for you online. The one I recently configured has made a beliver out of my wife who has disliked every other universal remote I have brought into the house, including the Pronto, Sony, One-for-All and others.

So I have bought a second one with my pre-order.

Question: will the Harmony ship separately? I could use it now, not the first week in April.

Mike

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mercurial is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mercurial Visit mercurial's homepage! Find more posts by mercurial Add mercurial to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mercurial
Not-So-New Member

Re: A good deal on the Harmony

quote:
Originally posted by jmrife

It sets up the macros for you online. The one I recently configured has made a beliver out of my wife who has disliked every other universal remote I have brought into the house, including the Pronto, Sony, One-for-All and others.

Wow, my wife still spontaneously thanks me for both our Prontos. Why didn't your wife like it? Did you just set it up as a universal remote or did you design a truly activity based config? Once I did that, the remotes were perfect. She even loves showing them off to friends who haven't seen them before.

DirecTV HR10-250 w/ 30 HD hours.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

I'm now on board too!

Can hardly wait...

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

I wanna know WHO WAS FIRST?

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 03:40 AM
dswallow
+258PC

I wanna know how much to bribe to be the first unit shipped out.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 03:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> BTW, doesn't anyone like the Harmony and other special offers?

I love my MX-700. I've thought about Harmony though...

Hong.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dvdude is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dvdude Find more posts by dvdude Add dvdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dvdude

Re: Re: A good deal on the Harmony

quote:
Originally posted by mercurial
Wow, my wife still spontaneously thanks me for both our Prontos. Why didn't your wife like it? Did you just set it up as a universal remote or did you design a truly activity based config? Once I did that, the remotes were perfect. She even loves showing them off to friends who haven't seen them before.

Me 2!

With the TV, DVD, VCR, 2 x SAT-T60's, A/V Receiver and HD-TiVo (Coming......), my wife loves the pronto. I configured it for task based activity, including "Swap's" to other devices and "Dump" current NPL item to tape etc. etc.

It took me some time to perfect, but we're all pleased with it. I'm waiting for it to break so I can get the TSU3000 and those oh so lovely hard buttons!

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

Re: Re: Re: A good deal on the Harmony

quote:
Originally posted by dvdude
Me 2!

It took me some time to perfect, but we're all pleased with it. I'm waiting for it to break so I can get the TSU3000 and those oh so lovely hard buttons!

I love the 3000. I had the original and recently purchsed the 3000. More memory, buttons, much better.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmrife is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmrife Find more posts by jmrife Add jmrife to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmrife
potato potato potato

My wife and the remote question

This is a lady who owns her own Jaguar XKE, doing all the maintenance and detailing herself, who owns a floor jack, and a air compressor powered tool array.

All things considered, she'd rather we had a record player, a simple on-off TV, and a clock radio.

Remotes make her nervous. I love her, so I put away the Pronto (for sale cheap to a good home) and fired up the Harmony.

Funny, even the name of the thing is meaningful in my house!

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mainecooncat is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mainecooncat Visit mainecooncat's homepage! Find more posts by mainecooncat Add mainecooncat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mainecooncat

quote:

The piggy bank is getting awfully empty. My wife isn't that interested in the HD-DVR250 but she might go for spending another $140 to get rid of all the remotes.

Can I add an order for the Harmony remote after placing an order earlier today for the HD-DVR250 if my wife wants one?

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged