TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> $20.00 Credit <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lorimar is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lorimar Find more posts by Lorimar Add Lorimar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lorimar

Question $20.00 Credit

Is the $20 credit applied to the credit card or to your Tivo account? I have a Lifetime membership so if itís the latter will I have $20 to spend at the Tivo store?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: $20.00 Credit

quote:
Originally posted by Lorimar
Is the $20 credit applied to the credit card or to your Tivo account? I have a Lifetime membership so if itís the latter will I have $20 to spend at the Tivo store?

From the Terms and Conditions:

Eligible customers who purchase the Home Media OptionTM premium feature package for $99 will receive a $20.00 automatic rebate on or about February 10, 2004, via a credit for $20.00 posted to the credit card that was used to purchase the Home Media OptionTM package or the most recent credit card on file if updated via TiVo's Manage My Account feature.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scifiguy is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scifiguy Find more posts by scifiguy Add scifiguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scifiguy
ThisIsYurBrainOnTivo

??????

I purchased the HMO on Jan 2nd for $99. The next week, I heard about the free month trial. Now, is it the case that people who had the chance to pick the free month offer and who purchase the HMO get a $20 rebate? And, the people who purchased HMO outright don't get squat?

That seems kinda backwards...

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

S2000 Ben is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for S2000 Ben Find more posts by S2000 Ben Add S2000 Ben to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S2000 Ben

The home media option needs to come down to a permenant low price of $50 or less. I am about a millimeter to just going out and buying the new Microsoft Media Center.

I hope you are listening Tivo. You have lots of unhappy customers.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikestanley is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 06:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikestanley Find more posts by mikestanley Add mikestanley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikestanley

quote:
Originally posted by S2000 Ben
The home media option needs to come down to a permenant low price of $50 or less. I am about a millimeter to just going out and buying the new Microsoft Media Center.

So over $49 in price difference for HMO you're willing to spend a great deal more money on a stinking Windoze machine from Dell, Gateway, HP, or some other manufacturer with Windows XP Medica Center Edition on it? Because that's the only way a normal person can get it since MS doesn't sell it to individuals.

Even if you have some semi-legitimate means of acquiring MCE (say you have an MSDN subscription) you'll need to build one hoss of a machine, pay for a hardware MPEG2 encoder, etc.

And at the end of the day you'll have a media center that is just as wonderfully vulnerable to all the virii, worms, and security exploits that every other version of Windows is. Wheee!

And all for not wanting to pay $49 more? Wow.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lorimar is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 08:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lorimar Find more posts by Lorimar Add Lorimar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lorimar

Smile Thanks Tivo, Great Job!

I now have the HMO option ($79.) and the wireless setup into my home network was a breeze. The HMO adds an entirely new dimension to TIVO.

The HMO releases from your computer the captive pictures and music files (in the formats supported) into the comfort of your TV viewing space.

My 18 month old daughter is mesmerized by the photo albums of family and friends that roll by on our family room TV.

Thanks Tivo, Great Job!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 05:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTiVo Find more posts by HDTiVo Add HDTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

Just went through the process of purchasing. Nowhere along the way was $79 mentioned - or $20 rebate either.

I sure hope I get the $$ back on 2/10.

I don't have ANY of the problems mentioned in this Forum.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JJJB is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JJJB Find more posts by JJJB Add JJJB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJJB

I was pissed because I'd purchased it for $99.00 on the 23rd and the very next day the email came saying buy now for $79.00 so I called and talked to somebody who talked to their "supervisor" yadda yadda yadda and he said I'll get the $79.00 deal that they just were'nt sure how they were going to "fix it" in my billing etc.He told me someone would call within 48 hrs and yadda yadda yadda..........I'm still waiting. It's not the $20.00 it's the point.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTiVo Find more posts by HDTiVo Add HDTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

The terms say you must not have purchased a HMO as of 1/22.

So if this is your first HMO you should qualify having bought on the 23rd. There should not even be an issue about "fixing a problem."

I don't trust TiVo on this, but I can use the 30 day return if they balk.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap
TiVo Forum Special Member

Wasn't the $20 rebate only offered to people who signed up for the special "free trial"?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 11:13 PM
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

TiVo should not have sent him the email if he was not part of the trial, and not eligible.

It should also send us emails confirming we will be receiving our rebates rather than being totally silent about it during the purchase.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

S2000 Ben is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for S2000 Ben Find more posts by S2000 Ben Add S2000 Ben to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S2000 Ben

I think the requirement that you needed to try the free trial is just stupid. I don't need a free trial to know that I want HMO. I know I want it, and the 3 gigs of music I have on my computer tells me that. The price should be $79 or less regardless of whether or not you used the free trial.

Am I wrong here?

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

newyorkpug is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newyorkpug Visit newyorkpug's homepage! Find more posts by newyorkpug Add newyorkpug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newyorkpug

TiVo Community Not Run By TiVo

quote:
Originally posted by S2000 Ben

As the opening of TiVo Community states:
"PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS SITE IS NOT OPERATED BY TiVo, Inc."

Also... Microsoft? Bah! And how is the Microsoft Media Center anywhere close to what TiVo offers??!??! It's not a stand-alone set-top box... and it costs so much more... like $1000! TiVo was never meant to replace your computer, people. It was made to record your programs to make your TV life better. If you wanted a computer replacement... you should have gotten a Microsoft Media Center. Especially if you weren't looking for a TiVo or TiVo functionality. Just my opinion.

-Josh

Home Media Option
Cable Modem
Wireless 802.11g Network
Apple AirPort Extreme Router
Sanction Studios - Declare Your Sound!

Last edited by newyorkpug on 01-29-2004 at 12:24 AM

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

I wanted to step in and clarify a few things:

- This was a very targeted promotion to encourage people who particiapted in the Home Media Option Free Trial to sign up to purchase Home Media Option. It is not an offer available to the general public.

- The $79.00 price is available only to those people who particated in the trial. Those people received an e-mail telling them about the special offer. They must activate Home Media Option during the timeframe specified in the terms and conditions to receive the $20.00 credit.

- The lower price is avaialble only to the trial members and therefore is not listed during the Home Media Option purchase process. As specified in the terms and conditions, the credit of $20.00 will be applied to the credit card used for purchase.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

S2000 Ben is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 07:10 PM
S2000 Ben

I'll wait until it is much cheaper.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 07:35 PM
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

Thanks, TiVoBill.

It still would calm nerves better if TiVo sent a special email to those who are getting the $20 rebate confirming that.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

celestprof is offline Old Post 01-30-2004 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for celestprof Find more posts by celestprof Add celestprof to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celestprof

Umm, I did not participate in the free trial but I received the email saying I could get HMO for $79.

I signed up through the link in the email, there was no mention on checkout of receiving a $20 credit.

So are saying Tivo screwed me? Seems to be they made an error by sending me the email.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 01-30-2004 03:25 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by celestprof
Umm, I did not participate in the free trial but I received the email saying I could get HMO for $79.

I signed up through the link in the email, there was no mention on checkout of receiving a $20 credit.

So are saying Tivo screwed me? Seems to be they made an error by sending me the email.

I checked with the program manager and she indicated that we only sent the e-mail to the people who had requested to be part of the Free Trial. Can you send me a PM with your contact info and TiVo service number and I can have her take a look at it for you?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

celestprof is offline Old Post 01-30-2004 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for celestprof Find more posts by celestprof Add celestprof to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celestprof

PM sent.

I received the email on 1/23/04 at 1:10am.

I still have it if necessary.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thosj is offline Old Post 01-30-2004 07:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thosj Find more posts by thosj Add thosj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thosj

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
I checked with the program manager and she indicated that we only sent the e-mail to the people who had requested to be part of the Free Trial. Can you send me a PM with your contact info and TiVo service number and I can have her take a look at it for you?

So, TiVoBill, I got the email, too, and I did NOT sign up for the free trial. What exactly is the deal on this, do I get it for $79 or NOT?

Pasted directly from the email I received:

Limited-time Offer: Buy Before 1/31/04 and Save!

With your broadband connection and home network, TiVo(R) Home Media Option(TM) premium feature package offers more freedom than ever. Receive an automatic credit of $20 when you buy BEFORE 1/31/04. Just sign in at tivo.com/tryit

For a reduced one-time fee of just $79*, enjoy premium features that allow you
to:

*Create a larger-than-life slideshow of digital photos in your living room *Enjoy your digital music through your home theater sound system *Schedule recordings remotely *Record a show on one TiVo Series2(TM) DVR, and watch it on another

Remember, you can try Home Media Option risk-free for 30 days.** If you're not completely satisfied, we'll give you your money back.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged