TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Stargate SG-1 2/20 - spoilers <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

But every time the senator's flunkies come in, they have been granted more power. SG-1 is losing the political battle. And it seems to me like it's moving towards a final showdown--the conflict has definitely heated up this season.

No, I had no problem with The Doctor showing up. My only serious problem was the cheap theatrics surrounding Frazer's death.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

The series is fast losing my attention. I put that on the shoulders of RDA. He needed to be killed off. Since he has reduced himself to an "extra" I believe the show would be better off without him It can't hurt since the show has gone downhill with him.

Teal'c has been MIA for several episodes, which is a shame, I really like his character. It has basically be come the "Major Carter" show. It needs new direction, and fast.

I have watched this show from the beginning and really hate what has happened. I feel the writers have their hands tied because of the RDA situation.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WinBear is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WinBear Find more posts by WinBear Add WinBear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WinBear
13EEE

There's only 3 episodes left for heaven's sake! There's one standalone episode and then the Lost City 2-parter setting up the new series. Is SG-1 going to have an 8th season? They shouldn't.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JPriller is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPriller Find more posts by JPriller Add JPriller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPriller
just some guy

I've got one possible advantage over long-time fans of the show, I started watching it for the first time less than a year ago and thanks to SciFi's heavy schedule of repeats and late-night syndication on my local ABC station (it's so good to have a TiVo!) I've now seen everything but one episode of season 6.

Having seen them all close together and more or less in order I can say there have been some bad episodes, but not many, and I don't think that the show has gone downhill at all. A lot of people on fan sites were saying Shanks (Daniel Jackson) was looking burnt out in season 5, I didn't see that either.

I didn't think the Senator Kinsey flunky showing up was out of place, I thought it was in line with past episodes where when something remarkably bad happens the NID or Kinsey swoop in to criticize or try a take-over. They did some low-level character development on this flunky, so no doubt we'll be seeing him again in the season, and this was just to introduce him. It also made it more plausible for people to start relating to the director guy better, as he suddenly became the much lesser of their two headaches.

I think Robert Picardo (the flunky) did a fantastic job playing a bad guy, btw. He's got a ways to go before he can compete with Colonel Maybourne for my favorite villain, though.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by WinBear
There's only 3 episodes left for heaven's sake! There's one standalone episode and then the Lost City 2-parter setting up the new series. Is SG-1 going to have an 8th season? They shouldn't.
Yes, it is...and that might not be as bad a thing as you think.

Remember--LAST season was supposed to set up Atlantis. When Atlantis got pushed back, that meant that this season of SG-1 became a holding action, since they couldn't really move on until Atlantis began. I'm hoping that the weakness of Season 7 is due to the inability to really accomplish anything, and that it will return to form next year (which begins this summer, along with Season 1 of Atlantis).

That being said, I agree that RDA needs to fish or cut bait, and that the show needs to replace him. There are rumors that, well, better spoiler it,
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Don Davis is leaving the show, and that RDA will replace him as the commander of the base, which means they would have to bring in somebody to actually replace him on the team, instead of these endless fishing trips.
If that's the case, it gives me even more hope for next season.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bicker is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bicker Visit bicker's homepage! Find more posts by bicker Add bicker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bicker

quote:
Originally posted by jones07
Did anyone really believed it was O'neil ?
Yes. Knowing just enough, but not too much, about the show is key to believing that. As far as I've heard, this is the end of the series. Anderson has made it very clear that he's even been seeking ways to limit his screen-time this season. Getting killed off a few episodes before the end of the season would have fit with that quite well.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bicker is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bicker Visit bicker's homepage! Find more posts by bicker Add bicker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bicker

Rob are you sure about your spoiler? It seems contrary to what I've heard.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 01:57 AM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by bicker
Rob are you sure about your spoiler? It seems contrary to what I've heard.
It's a rumor I've heard. Dunno how accurate it is...

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bicker is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 02:00 AM
bicker

Hehe... you're fast. I actually went and checked, and it isn't a rumor. It

(that the show is renewed for next season, 2004-2005)
was confirmed officially, back in July. So I guess it isn't even a spoiler.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

quote:
Originally posted by JimSpence
Here's a thought! Can anyone spell sarcophagus? Doubtful, but wishful thinking!

Well, the next episode IS titled
Resurrection
but that might not mean anything.

I have to wonder if they're setting up Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly) as a possible regular. He was the colonel of the team that got ambushed--sort of an "Easy Company" type of group (remember how they were betting on what they'd find, etc.?).

They didn't really give him much to do, but he got a pretty big credit. And he IS a colonel on the show.

Wonder if it means anything for the future?

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 02:09 AM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by bicker
Hehe... you're fast. I actually went and checked, and it isn't a rumor. It (that the show is renewed for next season, 2004-2005) was confirmed officially, back in July. So I guess it isn't even a spoiler.
That's not what I was calling a rumor...as you say, that's widely-publicized fact. The rumor is concerning the future of RDA's character...

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike20878 is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike20878 Find more posts by Mike20878 Add Mike20878 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike20878
Jake's dad

I thought I recognized the voice of the documentary narrator! I found his name at gateworld.net, Jim Byrnes. When I looked him up, there were a few Jim Byrnes, but then I realized it was the guy who played Joe Dawson on Highlander the TV show.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rcrew is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rcrew Find more posts by Rcrew Add Rcrew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rcrew
TiVo Domo

Although I've watched all this season, and sporadically over the years, I don't feel like a loyal enough viewer to make many suggestions...

But I did like the Adam Baldwin character. Would like to see him back.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JPriller is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPriller Find more posts by JPriller Add JPriller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPriller
just some guy

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
Don Davis is leaving the show, and that RDA will replace him as the commander of the base

Heh - an entire reply that needs to be in spolier tags

It's hard to see O'Neill being give command of the SGC, him being such a smart-aleck and ruffling so many feathers with Kinsey and the NID, people with the ear of the president.

He was the commander in an alternate reality universe Daniel visited, but he wasn't the same guy - he was no-nonsence and had zero sense of humor. Maybe something in his recent past kept him from recovering from his son's death, or maybe it's hard to lighten up when your planet is being destroyed.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cditty is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 09:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cditty Find more posts by cditty Add cditty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cditty

The reason Casandra wasn't at the memorial service is becuase of the implant the Gu'auld placed in her body. Remember, the closer she gets to the gate, the bigger that device gets and gets ready to explode.

Chris

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mtmra70 is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mtmra70 Find more posts by mtmra70 Add mtmra70 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtmra70
Hire Me TiVoPony

What did Oniel say at the end? My STUPID TiVo cut off before I saw what he said.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobjohnson is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobjohnson Visit bobjohnson's homepage! Find more posts by bobjohnson Add bobjohnson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobjohnson
Using a corked bat.

quote:
Originally posted by mtmra70
What did Oniel say at the end? My STUPID TiVo cut off before I saw what he said.

You ain't the only one.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

Producer, "first question"
O'Neill, "Okay"

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Airlie is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Airlie Visit Airlie's homepage! Find more posts by Airlie Add Airlie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Airlie
Superlurker

Well, I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed both parts of this 2 parter. A lot of good, very dry humor in the first part. Setups for the second part were subtle enough that viewers would likely have almost forgotten them by the time they saw the second half.

I've had no problems with this season as a whole. I get the impression that some would perfer to have more melodrama, which I dislike.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KLB is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KLB Find more posts by KLB Add KLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KLB
Slave to the MCP

I first heard that "a much beloved character" would be getting killed last summer... Personally, my first thoughts went to Bratak or Jacob Carter.

Then I heard the rumor that Medieval Guy mentioned above and thought "yeah, that makes sense so RDA can do even LESS then he already does.... " and thought that would be the character to get it.

I was pretty shocked that it was Janet and pretty annoyed. Totally agree that they could have given her more stuff to do in the last group of eps or at least in this one to make the sting be felt a little more by the fans.... totally agree it was a stunt.

Teryl Rothery, as you have probably heard me say it before, is a total babe and think Janet is a character that was underused, underappreciated and not given ANY storylines that involved bathing suits or low cut and tight dresses. Shame... the shame of it...

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged