TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Stargate SG-1 2/20 - spoilers <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 2 [3]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JPriller is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPriller Find more posts by JPriller Add JPriller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPriller
just some guy

quote:
Originally posted by cditty
The reason Casandra wasn't at the memorial service is becuase of the implant the Gu'auld placed in her body. Remember, the closer she gets to the gate, the bigger that device gets and gets ready to explode.
I was pretty sure they said that'd entirely dissolved, and at any rate she was back at the SGC (though never near the gate, if I recall) in season 5's Rite of Passage for some other Goa'uld-caused problem.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cditty is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cditty Find more posts by cditty Add cditty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cditty

Yea, I remember her being back too. Interesting. Maybe she can't go thru the gate. Maybe that is the catch.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joyster is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joyster Find more posts by Joyster Add Joyster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joyster
TiVo convert

It's so hard not to reply to each post as I'm reading through. I have to bite my tongue to see if anybody has already said what I'm going to....

Anyway, a lot of this has been covered already, but I'm going to include spoiler tags because I can't remember if the thread title says spoilers!

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)

General Hammond is being reassigned by the president in the two-parter at the end of the season (there are 4 episodes left, 2 singles and then the 2-parter, not 3 as stated earlier in the thread).
O'Neill is promoted to General and assigned as head of Stargate Command, although he is determined to keep SG-1 as a 3 man team, I can't see any reasoning behind this unless he imagines the general can occasionally go on "field-trips" with his old team.

For those commenting on the NID situation - it is indeed building to a head, with Kinsey making a new play for control before the season is out - expect to see Robert Picado back for that (I miss Voyager sometimes )

Ok, so that's done with (I think that was everything..... I actually thought this was a very good episode. The NID coming in fit in perfectly with the storyline - Why did General Hammond send Fraiser into a live fire situation? You would expect them to be investigating.
I will say that the first part dragged a little, but I think the 10 - 15 minutes at the end did justice to the character, it's not like they just blew it off - we saw all of the characters shaken up by the news, and then a child named Janet in her honour. More soppiness than this wouldn't have fit into the Stargate psychi.

Oh, and Casandra's implant has completely dissolved, she can come and go near the stargate as she pleases. The episode when the team went back to the sixties, she met them in the future IN the gate room, and didn't seem to have any explosion problems - I'd imagine they just couldn't get the actress back, I would think that using "just another actress to show they'd remembered her" would have caused as many complaints as her just not being there.

And for those thinking they are in the minority because they liked this show, the poll at GateWorld currently shows 73.5% think it was outstanding, and another 17.5% think it was a good show.

I'm kicking myself because I've been waiting all season for the Atlantis story arc to really come alive, but I know that when it does, the season will end, and I'll have to wait until Summer to find out what happens!

Editted to insert comments about Casandra

Last edited by Joyster on 02-24-2004 at 12:38 AM

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

If anyone watches "Curb Your Enthusiasm", you might have recognized the filmmaker (Emmett Bregman as played by Saul Rubinek) as Larry David's dentist in two recent episodes!

Last edited by SparkleMotion on 02-24-2004 at 12:42 AM

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WinBear is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WinBear Find more posts by WinBear Add WinBear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WinBear
13EEE

I wondered also if they didn't bring Cassandra in because they couldn't get either of the two young actresses they've previously had play her and didn't want to bring in a 3rd.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hoffer is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoffer Find more posts by Hoffer Add Hoffer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoffer
Hey Now!!!

I thought this 2 part 'Hero' episode was terribly boring. In fact, I haven't cared for any of the new episodes this year.

I'm looking forward to the start of Atlantis. It'll be nice to see a new Stargate universe.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Timbeau is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Timbeau Find more posts by Timbeau Add Timbeau to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Timbeau
Sox 11/11, TB 16/16

About 1/3rd of the way through part 2, I starting using the FF frequently. As such, the two parts only took about 1 hr. total to see. I still resent the fact that I wasted an hour on these episodes. This was some of the most boring TV I've seen in a long time. If I'd known there wasn't going to be anything worthwhile thorugh the WHOLE second part, I could have deleted it without watching it. The only think interesting in the whole thing was their poor attempt to make us think the dead person was O'Neill, and that was done pretty badly.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

I thought the episode was good. Not great, but good. I knew Janet wasn't going to be back in season 8 after reading on Gateworld about a new head doctor at the facility but Janet biting the dust did take me by suprise. I knew it wouldn't be Jack because of his role in season 8 but I should have seen Janet coming.

This season overall has been ok. As stated earlier, just kind of a holding pattern to get Atlantis going. They say season 8 will now be the last but then they have said that for the past 3 years so we'll see. Personally I think they do need to end it before it just goes too long. This coming from someone who owns every season on DVD.

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ADent is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 02:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ADent Find more posts by ADent Add ADent to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ADent
TiVo Forum Special Member

The Doctor going was no surprise. Her absence has been conspicuous in the episodes leading up to this.

I knew RDA was signed up for next year, I am just used to Star Trek were they have some crappy Treknobabble explanation on why the title character wasn't REALLY killed. So seeing the Doc go was a relief of a bit.

Why did the Doc leave? Did the Doc get another job?

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

newsposter is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for newsposter Find more posts by newsposter Add newsposter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newsposter

quote:
Originally posted by ADent

Why did the Doc leave? Did the Doc get another job?

Just watched this finally. I am sad to see her go. I had no idea.

So can anyone tell me why she left the series? I need to watch the end of the season in the next few days to prepare for July's startup.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bicker is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bicker Visit bicker's homepage! Find more posts by bicker Add bicker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bicker

The interviews I've read relayed that the story needed the death of a long-time character, and since the series was presumably wrapping up completely, it wasn't considered to be a big deal to kill off the doctor. It wasn't voluntary.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

newsposter is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newsposter Find more posts by newsposter Add newsposter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newsposter

quote:
Originally posted by bicker
The interviews I've read relayed that the story needed the death of a long-time character, and since the series was presumably wrapping up completely, it wasn't considered to be a big deal to kill off the doctor. It wasn't voluntary.

well I wish she would ascend this year or something. It took time for her to grow on me but now I will miss her on the show.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sromkie is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sromkie Find more posts by Sromkie Add Sromkie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sromkie
TiVoed

quote:
Originally posted by newsposter
well I wish she would ascend this year or something. It took time for her to grow on me but now I will miss her on the show.
Yeah, but unfortunately, she can't. You have to ascend while you are dying, and she is already dead Too bad. I will really miss her character.

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

No, she and Kawalsky are the equivalent of

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Joyce and Tara
from "Buffy"...they have to die to show that people really DO die and what the principal characters are involved in is life-threateningly dangerous at every turn.

Dramatic tension and all that, wot?

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged