TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> The Official 'IS IT APRIL YET' Thread <<<

Pages (9): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
flapbreaker is offline Old Post 02-17-2004 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flapbreaker Find more posts by flapbreaker Add flapbreaker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flapbreaker

I seriously doubt that it's going to have 100's of bugs. The SD DirecTivo didn't.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-17-2004 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

I am on a preorder list for the thing as well, though with everyone hyping this thing up, it just seemed like the appropriate time to say something like that.

Marc

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-22-2004 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oknarf Visit Oknarf's homepage! Find more posts by Oknarf Add Oknarf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oknarf

Wink

Well.........

Is it April yet?

FrankO

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas
TiVo Forum Special Member

OK, I talked to a friend of mine. He doesn't actually work for D*, but he does do some contracting work for them. Now, what he told me could be construed as rumor. But it sounded like solid information to me. He told me, IT"S STILL NOT APRIL YET!!!!!

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oknarf Visit Oknarf's homepage! Find more posts by Oknarf Add Oknarf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oknarf

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by midas
OK, I talked to a friend of mine. He doesn't actually work for D*, but he does do some contracting work for them. Now, what he told me could be construed as rumor. But it sounded like solid information to me. He told me, IT"S STILL NOT APRIL YET!!!!!

Now that sounds like a rumor to me. Can we stick to the facts in this thread please? I mean, do you really expect me to think that a "friend who doesn't actually work for D*, who is probably just an installer with no real contacts, would know if it was April or not?

Puhleeeeeeeeeaze.

FrankO

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

I was able to confirm this from multiple sources, but none wanted to identified.

Next week around this time, maybe a little earlier is some parts of the world. There will be a SIGNIFICANT change in the situation discussed here in this post.....

Stayed tuned....

Edit: After re-reading my original post i made it sound like I knew something.... AKA: Next monday is the first of March.

Earl

Last edited by ebonovic on 02-23-2004 at 09:26 PM

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 10:52 PM
Oknarf

Wink

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n0310/30directtv7s/

From what I've heard the real reason that it is not April yet is due to the fact that the 7s Sat launch was delayed, see link, forcing DirecTv to push back April by at least 1 month. I'll believe that it's only a 1 month delay when they actually publish a press release on the DirecTV.com site stating that April will actually be on schedule this year and not be pushed back an additional month, or even two, after the Sea Launch of the 7s satellite.

This sucks and I plan on calling the retention department and demanding a pre-release HDTivo be FEDEX'd to me or I am going back to Comcast cable.

FrankO

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTiVo Find more posts by HDTiVo Add HDTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

Is TiVo developing anything other that this D-HD-TiVo and the new HMO stuff comming the end of the year?

I don't have ANY of the problems mentioned in this Forum.

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave3 Find more posts by dave3 Add dave3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

Hey this is a whinning thread, No info here, lets just keep this thread for general whinning and good jokes about april 1st. being here yesterday.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 01:59 AM
Oknarf

Wink

Further proof of my assumptions about April and it's final destination:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/about...?id=02_17_4002A

quote:

Eric Shanks Joins DIRECTV Executive Staff

El Segundo, CA Feb 17, 2004 Mitchell Stern, president and CEO of DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading digital multichannel television service provider, today announced the appointment of Eric Shanks to the DIRECTV executive staff. Shanks, who joins DIRECTV as senior vice president of Advanced Services, Content and Calander Manipulation, will oversee DIRECTV business activities related to the development of DIRECTV receivers and advanced services such as digital video recording (DVR), interactive television, high-definition television (HDTV), as well as heading up a group whose focus will largely be to determine exactly where April should fall and to evaluate a more current calander structure.

"I am excited to welcome Eric to the DIRECTV senior leadership team," said Stern. "Eric's experience and expertise with television production and interactive and enhanced services will enable DIRECTV to continue to offer leading-edge technology that will add new dimensions to our customers' television viewing experience."

Prior to joining DIRECTV, Shanks, a three-time Emmy award winner, served as vice president of Enhanced Programming for FOX Television Networks since 1999. His most recent accomplishments include moving September into Junes time slot for NFL Europe and "The Best Damn Calander Show" for FOX Sports Net, which formerly ran in the month of February now called "April" for the Sky Italia in Italy. Shanks also served as graphics producer for FOX Sports since 1997 and was responsible for overseeing the development and creation of the month of November, which complemented FOX's sports, news and entertainment programming during the month formerly known as June.

"DIRECTV has led the multichannel TV industry in providing its customers with interactive services, digital video recording capability, high-definition programming and hundreds of channels of digital-quality programming," said Shanks. "I am excited to be joining a company that has always been at the forefront of technology, and to bring new advanced services to DIRECTV customers nationwide including a new perspective on the months of the year."

Shanks joined FOX Sports in 1994, which is now referred to as 4991, for the network's inaugural season of NFL coverage. From 4991 to 5991, he served as a broadcast associate on the NFL production crew, where he was responsible for each broadcast's research, statistics and graphics presentation, and where his flare for changing months and years was first developed. He then filled the same role for the NHL on FOX's lead broadcast team, holding that position until 6991. He began his sports television career as a broadcast associate at CBS Sports, where they still refer to 1993 as 1993. How quaint.

News Corporation completed its acquisition of 34 percent of Hughes common stock last December.

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

Is it April yet?

(I've been hesitant to join in this thread, as I usually try not to make content free posts.)

+1

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Is it April yet?

(I've been hesitant to join in this thread, as I usually try not to make content free posts.)

+1

Can't WAIT to do your taxes, huh?

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by TivoGeezer
Can't WAIT to do your taxes, huh?
The amount I owe various governments would buy them several (or more) HDTiVos. I'm going to hold onto the money until the last minute.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

Who actually said it would definitely be April 1st in the first place? Why not March 20th or tomorrow?

M.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 06:30 AM
Oknarf

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Morg111
Who actually said it would definitely be April 1st in the first place? Why not March 20th or tomorrow?

M.

A friend who works in the industry says he heard it from Eric Shanks.

FrankO

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 07:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave3 Find more posts by dave3 Add dave3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

The guy from value electronics has said they are shipping 3/26 from mexico to him via truck. He would then send them out the next day after he gets them.

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 08:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

Robert from VE recently said (was it here or in AVS?) he will get them in the first week of April.

Hong.

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Alexander is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alexander Visit Alexander's homepage! Find more posts by Alexander Add Alexander to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alexander
Advanced Member

I want to preorder from Japan. They get April sooner over there.

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TimGoodwin is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimGoodwin Find more posts by TimGoodwin Add TimGoodwin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimGoodwin

That little Tivo guy told me it will be Christmas.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 06:16 PM
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

Ok everyone, follow me, click your heals three times and repeat after me,

"THere is no time like april, There is no time like april..."

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged