TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Hughes vs Philips - RCA Remote codes <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MacDoggie is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 05:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MacDoggie Find more posts by MacDoggie Add MacDoggie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacDoggie

Question Hughes vs Philips - RCA Remote codes

Well, once again, my Hughes HDVR2 has a problem. No Dolby Digital. But, I have the BB extended warranty, so I can get it replaced rather painlessly. They now only stock RCA and Philips 40gig machines. Are there advantages between these and the Hughes? It would be nice to have different remote codes.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjendro is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 05:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjendro Find more posts by sjendro Add sjendro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjendro
Advanced Member

You can program different remote codes into each. I don't remember how right off the top of my head, but it will explain it in your owners manual.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

captain_video is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for captain_video Find more posts by captain_video Add captain_video to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
captain_video
Advanced Member

To program your Tivo for a different set of codes:

1. Cover up the IR receive window on all Tivos except the one you wish to reprogram.

2. Display the System Information screen on the Tivo you wish to set up with a different IR remote code. Scroll down to see the remote code setting for your Tivo (1 is default).

3. Point the remote away from the Tivo and hold down both the Tivo/DirecTV button and the Pause button simultaneously until the red LED at the tip of the remote flashes twice. Check the manual to make sure it's the Pause button as I'm writing this from memory and don't have a peanut remote in front of me to confirm this.

4. Point the remote at the Tivo and press any number from 2 through 9.

5. Press the right cursor button on the remote to set the code.

6. Press the left cursor button to exit the System Information screen.

The Tivo is now programmed for a different set of remote codes from your other Tivos. Repeat for any aditional Tivos you wish to program. To restore the Tivo to it's original remote setting just repeat the above procedure but press the number 1 for the Tivo code.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MacDoggie is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MacDoggie Find more posts by MacDoggie Add MacDoggie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacDoggie

Very Cool! I'll have to try the different remote codes when I get home!

Anyone have a preference between RCA and Philips, or is it the same under the hood still...

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjendro is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjendro Find more posts by sjendro Add sjendro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjendro
Advanced Member

They are all identical...save a few differences on the outside and minor software differences.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged