TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers. <<<

Pages (13): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeepgod is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeepgod Find more posts by jeepgod Add jeepgod to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeepgod

quote:
Originally posted by Cudahy
I assume that the first shipment would be based on the early pre-orders. VE wasn't the only one doing pre-orders. For those of us who preordered from Good Guys it's a question of how many they get on the first shipment and does it to the individual stores directly or through a central warehouse?

Hi Cudahy,

I too pre-ordered from the Good Guys (#26). I spoke with one of the sales managers last night. Right now, they expect their first shipment to arrive at the warehouse on April 10th. I was told that I'd be able to pick the unit up in the store on April 11th.

He did say that there's a pretty good possibilty that they could get some units in earlier. Hope this helps.

-Matt

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

Anyone else order from a Chicagoland Tweeter store? My original target was mid-April but my sales guy told me 3/29 three weeks ago. Hope it is true! Just wanted to see if anyone else in the area ordered from Tweeter.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KCWolfPck is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KCWolfPck Find more posts by KCWolfPck Add KCWolfPck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCWolfPck
New & Improved

Just called my local Tweeter.....they are getting in 130 of them on April 15th (Northern Virginia Region). So far....30 of those are claimed. Price $999.99.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

dmk1974,

I too was told 03/29 about 2 weeks ago. When I went to pre-order yesterday I was told 04/15 (which seems more realistic to me from what I'm hearing/reading).

I'll give it to Tweeter, they are pretty consistant about what they tell their customers. Much better than BB/CC. Now if it's accurate...that's another matter.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

Why would VE get 200 on March 30th while Good Guys doesn't get any til April 15th? They were both taking preorders in January.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Britinvirg is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Britinvirg Find more posts by Britinvirg Add Britinvirg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Britinvirg

As promised on the previous page checked my Tweeters (nasty suspicion it is the same one that KC contacted!) and they are still saying April 15th.

Brit

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KCWolfPck is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KCWolfPck Find more posts by KCWolfPck Add KCWolfPck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCWolfPck
New & Improved

Britin....I contacted the one in Central Park...Fredericksburg. When I asked about the HD Tivo, they asked "which one?". Apperantly, they have both the Hughes unit and the Samsung unit in their computers scheduled for delivery on April 15th.

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MCodanti is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MCodanti Find more posts by MCodanti Add MCodanti to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCodanti

My GoodGuys said mine should be in on April 10th or sooner.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

I think it's wishful thinking that the VE preorders are going to start going out end March.

Tweeter, Goodguys, and Ultimate are all giving 04/15 as the date they will be getting the units. I would expect that this is when VE is going to get them as well.

Go check the super-big-preorder thread...things are very quite at VE.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

Well maybe VE got his pre-order requests in well before the big chain stores. I am going to laugh when VE starts shipping on March 31st!

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by sonnyducks
I think it's wishful thinking that the VE preorders are going to start going out end March.

Tweeter, Goodguys, and Ultimate are all giving 04/15 as the date they will be getting the units. I would expect that this is when VE is going to get them as well.

Go check the super-big-preorder thread...things are very quite at VE.

Quiet in the big super pre-order thread? Are we talking about the same big super pre-order thread? The one that's growing over 100 posts a day?

Monday Robert from Value Electronics had a conference call with DirecTV on the subject where his exact schedule was confirmed. It was talked about in the big thread. It was pretty clear what is coming when and how it's getting shipped from where.

Time will tell, I guess. Less than 8 days of time at this point before some people will be receiving their units.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

madpoet is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for madpoet Find more posts by madpoet Add madpoet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
madpoet

And the rest of us will be green with envy until mid-late April .

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:37 AM
sonnyducks

Didn't mean the post was quite (far from it as you have noted). That damn thread is so overwelming!

Make no mistake about it...if you guys get your units in as promised I'll be green with envy. Hell, I've got a good amount of envy already due to the fact that I didn't find this site (and the pre-order information) sooner so that I could have had a decent spot on the preorder list with VE.

I sure hope VE sends out the orders as promised or you guys are gonna crash these message boards.

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mx6bfast is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mx6bfast Visit mx6bfast's homepage! Find more posts by mx6bfast Add mx6bfast to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mx6bfast
Cake or Death

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Monday Robert from Value Electronics had a conference call with DirecTV on the subject where his exact schedule was confirmed. It was talked about in the big thread. It was pretty clear what is coming when and how it's getting shipped from where.

So I don't have to search thru the thread can you give any highlights if he posted them?

Thanks

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by mx6bfast
So I don't have to search thru the thread can you give any highlights if he posted them?
I pretty much summed it up in my post here; the big pre-order list has a summary of the latest news at the end of it, and that's usually easy to find in the thread -- go to the very end of it and it'll generally be within the last 80 posts (which would also be on odd numbered pages if you view with your settings configured for 40 posts/page).

Or click here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...295#post1827295

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:48 AM
sonnyducks

Hey Doug,

Question: Have you or anybody else gotten the paperwork for your preorder from VE?

When I preordered from Tweeter I didn't have any paperwork. Will I have do the DirecTV agreement when I go pick the unit up?

Sorry if this has been covered in the super-big-jumbo-strong thread.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

quote:
Originally posted by Cudahy
Why would VE get 200 on March 30th while Good Guys doesn't get any til April 15th? They were both taking preorders in January.

VE is also taking some shortcuts by meeting the shipment in CA and shipping that day to customers. The "Big Guys" will have to wait until that shipment is then sent to their warehouses then to the stores. I'm not sure how long that will take but I imagine it takes at least a week maybe two.

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mx6bfast is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mx6bfast Visit mx6bfast's homepage! Find more posts by mx6bfast Add mx6bfast to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mx6bfast
Cake or Death

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Or click here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...295#post1827295

Thanks. I bet that was one hell of a post to first start out!

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 09:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Most likely irrelevant, without payment in full. As I documented in the big thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
Well maybe VE got his pre-order requests in well before the big chain stores.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 09:13 PM
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by turls
Most likely irrelevant, without payment in full. As I documented in the big thread.
I'd say most likely relevant, but with a few caveats...

1) He was the very first to order. And the very first to order a lot. Good Guys was second, and somewhat later. Then a bunch of folks jumped on the bandwagon much later.

2) Hughes (and later DirecTV, when they took over responsibility for distribution) was also aware he wasn't just ordering to stock, he was ordering because individuals had ordered. THis is the signficant difference and I think the important one. It is far better to have the units in the hands of end users than to be sitting on a shelf. This helps generate more buzz for the product and helps improve demand later on for it. Having some unkown people possibly complain they can't get one in a store versus having over 1,000 real people complain "where's the damn unit that I bought" makes for an easy choice of who to satisfy first.

3) It is known that Hughes (and now DirecTV themselves) has been in contact with those dealers/stores who pre-ordered and has sought info about the units being pre-sold or being intended for distribution to stores, so that's a pretty good indicator that the ultimate destination of the initial shipments was important for some reason.

Yes, it's still somewhat conjecture. But based on more substance, I think, than your statement. Of course, it's further validated by the dates different retailers are quoting for delivery.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged