TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
midas is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
Considering the extremely valuable technical and other non-tecnical information contained in the original pre-order thread I would recommend the moderators consider making the thread available as a read only and editing or removing anything they don't like.

The thread has invaluable information that should be available for reference.

Don't worry, it was just closed, not deleted.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet

Well, the thread's still *there*, just locked. I can't see what the point really was. Is there a database reason again a long thread? If it's direct access (and I believe the database is) what's the harm? In any event, it's there, down a bit.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

They should have just moved it. I think most of us didn't care where the thread was.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryan Lyle is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan Lyle Visit Bryan Lyle's homepage! Find more posts by Bryan Lyle Add Bryan Lyle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan Lyle
Tivo'n since 1999

The hold on my card also turned into a charge today...

14-Hour Tivo (upgraded to 60)
20-Hour Tivo (upgraded to 80)
20-Hour Tivo (upgraded to 100)
2 60-Hour Series 2 (unmod)
1 40-Hour Series 2 (unmod)
HD-Tivo

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Shark73 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shark73 Find more posts by Shark73 Add Shark73 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shark73

Robert,

Will we get an email with a tracking number the same day that our order ships?

Thanks,

Jim

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by Shark73
Will we get an email with a tracking number the same day that our order ships?
It would be immensly useful if we did. Some of Roberts posts implied (at least to me) that mailing tracking numbers may be a bit delayed. They have to ship all the units first, then will get to mailing tracking numbers. Hopefully the delay won't be more than the delievery time.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Shark73 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shark73 Find more posts by Shark73 Add Shark73 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shark73

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
It would be immensly useful if we did. Some of Roberts posts implied (at least to me) that mailing tracking numbers may be a bit delayed. They have to ship all the units first, then will get to mailing tracking numbers. Hopefully the delay won't be more than the delievery time.

That's my concern. I want to take the day off of work, but I have overnight shipping on my order.

For example...if it ships today, but VE does not get the tracking email out until late tonight or early Tuesday morning. Then I'm screwed and will not be able to get my order until Wed.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

So is this the new official thread?

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Will-san is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Will-san Find more posts by Will-san Add Will-san to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will-san

My hold turned into a charge today. Wendy at VE indicated it would ship Tuesday or possibly Wednesday.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dr_mal is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dr_mal Visit dr_mal's homepage! Find more posts by dr_mal Add dr_mal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr_mal
0 lost, 50 to go...

Wendy called me this morning (I called on Friday to upgrade my shipping) and indicated she expected my order (#79) to ship on Wednesday. She said it might go out on Tuesday, but she's guessing Wednesday at this point.

FWIW.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Will-san is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Will-san Find more posts by Will-san Add Will-san to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will-san

quote:

I read them both and this one has a post from Robert and Feels more like the old one, so I posted here. I expect The Doug factor will decide.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie

Maybe. I offered the other thread my (IMHO) comment that this one had twice the posts and twice the views as theirs, FWIW. I think wherever Robert and Doug go is it, and we haven't heard/seen a word from Doug. I'm tired of checking the entire forum for 'preorder xxxxx'.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

berth is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for berth Find more posts by berth Add berth to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berth

So the shipping point is definitely NY? Last week Graham from VE said the shipping point was "influx"

bert

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcushing is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcushing Find more posts by dcushing Add dcushing to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcushing
Always Lurking

Just check and my charge has gone from pending to on my balance.

Dave

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rvaniwaa is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rvaniwaa Find more posts by rvaniwaa Add rvaniwaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rvaniwaa
HDTiVo Owner!

While posting tracking numbers might be a bit difficult to coordinate, perhaps Robert would be able to post a nightly list of the order numbers shipped that day...

If anything, I am deeply appreciative of Robert and all the work I know this must have been for him and his business. Hopefully, he is making enough $ off of this to make it all worthwhile so that he does it again for the HD-DVR1000 (well, here's hoping at least)

--Ron

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Still no definitive word on how many are going out in the first batch? or where it is officially shipping from? I don't know why it hasn't been answered in the past thread or this one. Lets say hypothetically, that I'm number 400.....am I in the second batch? the third? or would I be into mid-May? I wish that one question could be answered b/c there are many who aren't in the priveledged first 200 who would love to have an idea on when we can expect our new toy. I know we probably can't get 'exact' numbers, but an estimate would be great.

Doug

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigcb37 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigcb37 Find more posts by bigcb37 Add bigcb37 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcb37
Willing Member

Where are they being shipped from? Robert said he expected to ship on the 6th...is that from CA or NJ? Since I have UPS Ground it makes a big difference, only 2 days if its from NJ for me...

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

Robert expects to receive them tomorrow, AFAIK. He is shipping them from the East Coast.

Hong.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

I just talked to Wendy from VE. My DirecTiVo and dish are shipping today, my HDTiVo should ship on Wed. and probably all be here by Friday. BTW, make sure you confirm your shipping address if you're shipping it to someplace other than your home, such as your office, etc.

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> Still no definitive word on how many are going out in the first batch?

I don't know what you mean by "definite", but it's in the first thread. Robert said he'll receive about 200 this week and 250 next week. And the third should come toward the end of April.

> Lets say hypothetically, that I'm number 400.....am I in the second batch? the third? or would I be into mid-May?

You will probably be in the second.

Hong.

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged