TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Update on Thumbs/TiVo Suggestions Issue <<<

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Post Update on Thumbs/TiVo Suggestions Issue

I wanted to give an update to those of you who are seeing issues with missing thumbs and unusual TiVo Suggestions. We have been investigating the reports and believe that we have discovered the cause of the issue. We are currently working to test a possible solution. It may take awhile for our fix to be fully deployed but we wanted to let you know that we are working on it. For now, don't make any changes such as deleting your thumbs data, etc as we believe that our fix will make that unnecessary. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we correct the issue.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boywaja is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boywaja Visit boywaja's homepage! Find more posts by boywaja Add boywaja to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boywaja
Advanced Member

cool! thanks for the update bill.

TiVoFaq
Roger's Infosec Blog

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timr_42 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timr_42 Find more posts by timr_42 Add timr_42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timr_42

Thanks for the update Bill. I know that some people have complained about CS at Tivo, but really the very few problems I have had, Tivo has came up with a solution, and I have been happy with them.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zathrus is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zathrus Find more posts by Zathrus Add Zathrus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zathrus

Can we please, please, please get a Thumbs manager in a near-future release of the software?

I've been fighting these wacky suggestions for weeks now, trying to fix them with thumbs downs on programs. I suspect my thumbs database is now horribly screwed up -- so even after you put in the fix I'll have to wipe my thumbs database (which will lose thumbs ups for a lot of programs that are no longer on, but which I'd want affecting my suggestions).

Thank you for looking into and finding the problem though.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BelugaWhale is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BelugaWhale Find more posts by BelugaWhale Add BelugaWhale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BelugaWhale

Thanks!

Is this at all related to screwy suggestions, or is that a separate issue?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by BelugaWhale
Thanks!

Is this at all related to screwy suggestions, or is that a separate issue?

Yes, we believe that the issues are related.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rich Peterson is offline Old Post 04-08-2004 04:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Peterson Find more posts by Rich Peterson Add Rich Peterson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Peterson

Thanks for the update, TivoBill. I am one whose suggestions were totally whacked so I look forward to receiving your update.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tornado is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 12:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tornado Visit tornado's homepage! Find more posts by tornado Add tornado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tornado

Wink Re: Update on Thumbs/TiVo Suggestions Issue

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
those of you who are seeing issues with missing thumbs
Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! Where are my thumbs?!?! (bump)

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dugbug is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dugbug Find more posts by dugbug Add dugbug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugbug

810 Any 810 other 810 fixes 810 coming? 810

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 02:33 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by dugbug

Pioneer is the only source of information about software updates to their product.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timr_42 is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timr_42 Find more posts by timr_42 Add timr_42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timr_42

quote:
Originally posted by dugbug

What platform are you talking about?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

conklin2 is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 05:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for conklin2 Find more posts by conklin2 Add conklin2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
conklin2
professional dumbass

Should the prospective fix also resolve Thumbs ratings being ignored, no TiVo Suggestions of any kind recorded? Please, say it will.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jalpert is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jalpert Find more posts by jalpert Add jalpert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jalpert

Strange, but after reading this thread I realize my suggestions actually got much better. After months of reading rainbow and full house, I got a couple very good movies, and the documentary on Howard Dean I meant to record but didn't.....

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Moebius is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 07:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Moebius Find more posts by Moebius Add Moebius to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moebius

Mine have settled down to be sure, but I still get the occasional wacky suggestion recorded in there.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 04-09-2004 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

Mine are still pretty screwed up. The vast majority being recorded aren't "Thumbed up" shows. While some of the shows being suggested are interesting, many of them are not. Also my suggestions aren't listed in order by date any more. They are in completely random order. I wonder if the leap year had anything to do with it?

I've taken to thumbing down some of the more annoying ones that are recorded. Hopefully that won't screw anything up.

Does this suggestion bug affect all TiVos or just certain versions? I'm definately seeing it on my Series 2.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jtown is offline Old Post 04-10-2004 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jtown Find more posts by jtown Add jtown to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jtown

So that's why my Tivo's been grabbing stuff off EWTN. That's a relief. I was starting to think it was a Sign.

TurboNet

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mbernste is offline Old Post 04-10-2004 03:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mbernste Find more posts by mbernste Add mbernste to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mbernste

OK, thank you for posting about this. I thought there was something seriously wrong with the thumbs database on my TiVo, luckily I didn't reset or change anything.

I assume the one day in which I had a total of three items listed in my "TiVo suggestions" had to do with this? The next day I was back to several pages of suggestions.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertj49 is offline Old Post 04-10-2004 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertj49 Find more posts by robertj49 Add robertj49 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertj49

Angry

Is this fix going to be only for the series 2 folks with the newer software? Or is Tivo going to remember that it still has customers, who purchased lifetime service, who are still using series 1 with version 3 something or other....?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-10-2004 05:19 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by robertj49
Is this fix going to be only for the series 2 folks with the newer software? Or is Tivo going to remember that it still has customers, who purchased lifetime service, who are still using series 1 with version 3 something or other....?

The fix is scheduled to be deployed to both Series1 and Series2 standalone DVRs (it's actually data related rather than software related).

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ronsch is offline Old Post 04-10-2004 06:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ronsch Find more posts by ronsch Add ronsch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronsch
Advanced Member

Actually it's been kind of nice for a change to get something besides thumbed shows and movies recorded as suggestions. I got an episode of Xena and a South Park this past week!

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged