TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> If you ordered from Rapid Satellite post here. <<<

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

About 1:30 CDT on Friday. No email yet.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dulinor is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dulinor Find more posts by dulinor Add dulinor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dulinor

Just received a cluster of rapidsatellite emails:

3:41 Eastern: "Your Rapid Satellite order has been sent to our warehouse"

I replied back asking if this means that it will ship this week.

4:03 Eastern: response received from their customer service group: "Your order should go out like in about 3-5 business days."

4:03 Eastern: from Nick (president) new email: "Jon,
as promised.... shipped today.

Nick"

So, looks good as far as getting in relatively soon. Not sure if everyone's on the same page for what "shipped" means though.

I didn't pay for next day - Fedex Ground I think, so I won't get it for a couple of days no matter what.

According to the website tracking I have: "Order sent to fulfillment" which is not a tracking number.

Here's hoping!

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:
Originally posted by dulinor

4:03 Eastern: response received from their customer service group: "Your order should go out like in about 3-5 business days."

Nick"

So, looks good as far as getting in relatively soon. Not sure if everyone's on the same page for what "shipped" means though.

I didn't pay for next day - Fedex Ground I think, so I won't get it for a couple of days no matter what.

According to the website tracking I have: "Order sent to fulfillment" which is not a tracking number.

Here's hoping!

Congrats...when did you place your order?

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

Wheew. I just got the "Order sent to fulfillment" message on the tracking page. I'm feeling better now.

Again, I ordered around 1:30pm eastern time on Friday.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
... Not sure if everyone's on the same page for what "shipped" means though.

They do seem to have a unique definition of "shipped". I wonder if it just means they've verified with one of their suppliers that the box is on its way to them?

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

it probably means that they've verified the info neccessary with D* and it's ok to ship it when ready

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:

Nick"

Here's hoping!

Yep, they shipped your order to the fulfillment center as promised.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

quote:
Originally posted by MNTivoGuy
About 1:30 CDT on Friday. No email yet.

Strange...

I think i did mine at 2pm Eastern time and status still says pending shipment.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

quote:
Originally posted by NJChris
Strange...

I think i did mine at 2pm Eastern time and status still says pending shipment.

Nick likes me better! lol

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

I just received another e-mail that my order was just canceled.

This is the same order which Nick was to have expedited and was sending out Overnight!

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
I just received another e-mail that my order was just canceled.

This is the same order which Nick was to have expedited and was sending out Overnight!

He must have read this thread

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

quote:
Originally posted by MNTivoGuy
Nick likes me better! lol

PPPFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOES NOT!

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

Nothing like giving someone (more) gray hair..

Shortly after getting the canceled message I received a second message stating the order was being processed and I would receive additional information shortly...

Guess it was just a hiccup in the system

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

Last edited by Fluffybear on 05-04-2004 at 03:13 AM

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DennisMileHi is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DennisMileHi Find more posts by DennisMileHi Add DennisMileHi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DennisMileHi

Ordered 4/29 afternoon. No new email and still Pending Shipment. Maybe I need to talk to Nick!

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dulinor is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dulinor Find more posts by dulinor Add dulinor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dulinor

to follow up on those asking - I received my order receipt at 2:06 Eastern on Friday. No idea when I actually placed it at this point. There was only a single page on thread announcing availability.

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ohhbother is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ohhbother Find more posts by Ohhbother Add Ohhbother to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohhbother

I posted a longer message in the other thread. To avoid too much duplication, I'll just say my order, which was placed Friday at 1:40 EDT, has now been updated to "order sent to fulfillment." I also got the "great news...etc." email this afternoon.

Amy

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joe Q is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Q Find more posts by Joe Q Add Joe Q to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Q

Thumbs up Thanks for not trusting RS

I just got off the phone with customer service since I never received an email on Satirday when I ordered verifying as they said I would.

I have the total price + an order number but that was it.

I also had no info in my account that I registered for.

After reading all the confusion in this thread, I got nervous and decided to call them.

The fellow (forgot to ask his name) said that since I went through the phone system, I had an account automatically setup for me with my email address but a different password than the one I had used when I registered.

The info is now showing up.

The main point of this post is to thank some of you for not trusting RS and cancelling your order on Saturday.
The fellow said that when I ordered on Saturday, I was 6 hours PAST the cutoff date for the first shipment but since they had a bunch of cancellations on Saturday, I just made the queue and my Receiver will be delivered in a week.

He said "obviously, don't hold me to that exact date but if I don't get it in a week and a half to call them back"

I went through the same thing as you folks are when I wanted to buy my DISH 921 PVR. I ordered through DishKing in February and there was a lot of confusion and cancelling but I stayed the course and got my 921 exactly 1 week after I called them.

Not sure where these are being shipped from but when I selected that auto callback option on the phone, my caller id showed Tennessee when he called me back.

Looking good. I have a lot of interest in my 921 on ebay & Directv will be out on Friday to install a free triple lnb dish + free receiver.

Looks like my out of pocket expenses to switch to Directv will be less than $25

BTW, they are literally swamped with calls. I said "thank you and I better get off the phone because I bet your call queue light is up to 10 people by now"
He laughed and said "try again - my queued waiting call number is up to over 100"

Joe

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DennisMileHi is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DennisMileHi Find more posts by DennisMileHi Add DennisMileHi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DennisMileHi

Just got the email about the order has been placed. Online status says Order sent to fulfillment.

Yippee!

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

OK.. after reading a couple of posts that people were getting shipping information I was a little bummed that I was not one of them. After all I placed an order with RS then posted the information over here for everyone.

Well I couldn't take it so I emailed Nick and he promptly responded:

Dean,

I can't really look at why an order shipped and why another didn't -- just don't have the time... but... I can tell you this... you are shipping tomorrow!

Nick

Hurray for me!!!!!!

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 07:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

Hmmm I ordered 4/30 and mine is still pending shipment??? that doesn't sound right. Well I am trusting in Nick, he has gone above and beyond what I expected in terms of communication. Hoping for the best...

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged