TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> MY HDTiVo Just Died!!! <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
litzdog911 is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by FatherTed
... it would sound like he's not the first if there's a list already for replacements.

We assumed the "waiting list" referred to customer orders, not a waiting list for repair units.

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gem Find more posts by gem Add gem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gem

Well is it now Wednesday and still no replacement HD-TiVo. I have been assured that I will receive it today. No tracking number again, of course.
So again I wait.
Also the Monday lost shipment from FedEx was a LIE. There was no shipment Monday.
DirecTV has really dropped the ball as far as I'm concerned. I'm not buying the argument that "since this is a new product, expect delays". According to Robert they had the spare inventory all along.

STILL PISSED!

(1) HR10-250 (77/514 Hours)
(2) HDVR2's (144 and 141 Hours)
(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

I don't understand why they have to lie to you. That just makes things 10X worse! If they would tell you the truth it might irritate you but at least it would be the truth!

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gem Find more posts by gem Add gem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gem

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
I don't understand why they have to lie to you. That just makes things 10X worse! If they would tell you the truth it might irritate you but at least it would be the truth!

I agree with you completely. My biggest frustration, besides not having the HD-TiVo , is the continual re-setting of expectations. Customer Service 101 is about setting reasonable and achievable customer expectations.
Even last night I was told that someone would send me an e-mail with the tracking info. I have been promised e-mails, phone calls and of course shipments, none of which have happened. I've had to initiate every call.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mchero is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mchero Visit Mchero's homepage! Find more posts by Mchero Add Mchero to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mchero
Almost old member

Hang in their Gem. Hope their is a knock at the door soon! Although the lack of a tracking number is disturbing!

RM

40hr S2 MS WiFi USB Ethernet
80Hr S2 with WUSB11 v2.8
JavaHMO
Tatung 42" EDef Plasma
Comcast Motorola 6200 STB

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:14 AM
gem

quote:
Originally posted by Mchero
Hang in their Gem. Hope their is a knock at the door soon! Although the lack of a tracking number is disturbing!

RM

Thanks Mchero, no knock yet and the AM delivery window is now closed,
and of course that is what I was promised. I'm about ready to call Rupert and demand that he send me his.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

Last edited by gem on 05-06-2004 at 12:59 AM

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 02:47 AM
gem

Unit arrived at 1:38 PM today.
Manufacturing date 04-06-04.
I think the manufacturing date proves they did have spare inventory.
LESS BUMMED NOW!
I'd better be careful, I haven't hooked it up yet.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 03:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

WOOHOO I am glad you got a replacement!!!!

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Toeside is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toeside Find more posts by Toeside Add Toeside to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toeside

Congrats gem. Report back once you have it connected. You deserve to have nothing but good luck from here on out.

Philips DSR6000r x2
Hughes HR10-250 05/08/04
Harmony H680
Mits WS-55413
Mits DD-8040 with DCDi

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:22 AM
gem

Thanks guys for your support.
So far so good.....activated, set-up, and all seems well.
If it lasts more than 7 days, I'll have a keeper!
Lets's hope that me experience will embarrass DirecTV into doing it right for all those who follow.
I was hoping for a later build date so I could get the logos, but hey.

GEM

P.S. Still not actually finished, they forgot to sent the FedEx Airbill for the return. Another call tomorrow for that.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by gem
Unit arrived at 1:38 PM today.
Manufacturing date 04-06-04.
I think the manufacturing date proves they did have spare inventory.
LESS BUMMED NOW!
I'd better be careful, I haven't hooked it up yet.

Prior to connecting the power cord to the unit, make an offering to the TIVO gods with a bucket of fried chicken, a shot of rum, and a nice cigar. If you are really superstitious, you could sacrifice a live chicken...

EDIT: must of posted while I was writing.... IT'S NOT TOO LATE THOUGH!

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

h_a_h_3 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for h_a_h_3 Visit h_a_h_3's homepage! Find more posts by h_a_h_3 Add h_a_h_3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
h_a_h_3

I would have said, prior to connecting power cord, remove hard drive and create backup image

I know I will be...

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mx6bfast is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mx6bfast Visit mx6bfast's homepage! Find more posts by mx6bfast Add mx6bfast to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mx6bfast
Cake or Death

Gem why don't you call CR and demand some programming credits for all of your troubles. And I mean some major credits. You have everything documented on this thread. I would go higher than the managers at the CR level. It is ridiculous what was promised to you and not delivered.

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:44 AM
gem

I have a backup image, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the money for a replacement when it is still under warranty.

I did pray to the Gods but didn't have a live chicken so I used KFC. I'm probably screwed for sure.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 04:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

Hey Gem,
is it confirmed your replacement isn't showing channel logos?

Thx, Tom

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

misterjohnny is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for misterjohnny Find more posts by misterjohnny Add misterjohnny to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misterjohnny

Isn't it standard operating procedure for consumer electronics stores (including virtual ones) to replace a unit if it is bad? Then the store sends it back to the manufacturer for credit. So why is it Directv's fault that VE sold every last unit he had (pocketing the profit) and relying on Hughes or Directv to supply him with a replacement? He should have kept inventory in his warehouse!

Uh oh, here come the Robert apologists...

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by misterjohnny
Isn't it standard operating procedure for consumer electronics stores (including virtual ones) to replace a unit if it is bad? Then the store sends it back to the manufacturer for credit. So why is it Directv's fault that VE sold every last unit he had (pocketing the profit) and relying on Hughes or Directv to supply him with a replacement? He should have kept inventory in his warehouse!

Uh oh, here come the Robert apologists...

I can answer this myself. I agree and in fact, we provide Fed Ex Overnight replacements within the first 30 days on everything we sell.

We had also planned to do the same for this product, but when DIRECTV took over the product from Hughes they insisted on taking on the responsibility of providing Fed Ex Overnight replacements themselves. So I did take them up on the offer and delivered every unit we received and yes we even banked the $799. balance due on our HR10-250 orders.

I have personally taken care of all of my customer problems to ensure the highest level of customer service possible. I cut through all red tape and escalate all of my customers to the VIP service they all deserve.

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

Because Robert's arrangement with DirecTV was that DirecTV would replace faulty units...

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 05:53 AM
gem

quote:
Originally posted by Tom in OH
Hey Gem,
is it confirmed your replacement isn't showing channel logos?

Thx, Tom

Yes confirmed....NO LOGOs.
Remember the build date was 04-06-04.
They built 200, gave Robert 168 and kept 32 for spares. (Just a guess).

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 05:56 AM
gem

quote:
Originally posted by mx6bfast
Gem why don't you call CR and demand some programming credits for all of your troubles. And I mean some major credits. You have everything documented on this thread. I would go higher than the managers at the CR level. It is ridiculous what was promised to you and not delivered.

I'll be working on that tomorrow. My contact said she would make it right.

(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged