TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Any update on HMO for DirecTiVo's <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JDBTivo is offline Old Post 05-15-2004 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JDBTivo Visit JDBTivo's homepage! Find more posts by JDBTivo Add JDBTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDBTivo

Question Any update on HMO for DirecTiVo's

I bought HMO quite awhile ago for a then new SO unit, unaware that I would not be able to get it for my DirecTiVo too. Multiroom viewing is the best feature of HMO, so I'm not seeing much value until DirecTV steps up and offers HMO on DirecTiVo's. Any update on when/if this will happen?

Thanks,
J.D.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

directvdvr is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for directvdvr Find more posts by directvdvr Add directvdvr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
directvdvr

any updates

i am in the same boat i purchased 3 units to tie together and have been waiting almost a year.

did you ever get and word on availability?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmace57 is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmace57 Find more posts by jmace57 Add jmace57 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmace57
Large Member

I'm just showing my ignorance here, but it sounds like even if they enabled multi-room transfer/HMO features on DirecTiVos, wouln't you still be unable to transfer between a DirecTiVo and a SA? Aren't the video streams different (digital versus analog run thru an encoder)?

Regards,
Jim

60 Hour TiVo Series 2
157 Hour TiVo Series 2

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boone is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boone Find more posts by boone Add boone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boone

Not up to Tivo. It looks like Directv does not want it.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

raitchison is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for raitchison Visit raitchison's homepage! Find more posts by raitchison Add raitchison to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raitchison
this space for rent

Your best bet if if you (along with every other DirecTiVo user) writes/e-mails/calls DirecTV and lets them know that you want HMO.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bsnelson is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bsnelson Visit bsnelson's homepage! Find more posts by bsnelson Add bsnelson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bsnelson
TiVo Forum Special Member

Depends on how bad you want it and what you're willing to give up...

Brad

(1) Samsung SIR4040R (35 hours)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jking1024 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jking1024 Find more posts by jking1024 Add jking1024 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jking1024

Can someone post an address/phone number to call DirecTV as ask for HMO on DirecTiVo?

I digitally signed the petition a while back, but I'm thinking that won't do as much good as having 1000 to 5000 people calling each week asking for it.

Get a lot of people calling them all the time, and they might get it done sooner, just to get us to leave them alone!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged