TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Best Buy has it instock <<<

Pages (9): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kmd24 is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 10:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kmd24 Find more posts by kmd24 Add kmd24 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmd24

quote:
Originally posted by dpf1123
Thanks for the heads up. Got one for next day delivery and 18 months no interest. Need to cancel the one from VE now...

How did you request the 18 months no interest? I had it in my cart all the way to Submit with my BBY card number entered, but I never saw the no interest options. Called customer service and they said it wasn't available online. Do you select that option after submitting the order?

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Corbett is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Corbett Find more posts by Scott Corbett Add Scott Corbett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Corbett
Woodworker

I received a confirmation email as well, May 19-20.

Mitsubishi WS-55313 RP HD monitor.
MX-700
It's tough without TiVo.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Corbett is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Corbett Find more posts by Scott Corbett Add Scott Corbett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Corbett
Woodworker

Now shows Sold Out.

Mitsubishi WS-55313 RP HD monitor.
MX-700
It's tough without TiVo.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

Has anyone received an email or are we all referring to the status within the "Order Details" page?

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hutty is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hutty Find more posts by Hutty Add Hutty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hutty

quote:
Originally posted by indy
Has anyone received an email or are we all referring to the status within the "Order Details" page?

email

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpf1123 is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dpf1123 Find more posts by dpf1123 Add dpf1123 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpf1123

Sorry....I used my Best Buy card but my error on the 18 months no interest. I did not get that deal. It was connected with a TV I ordered at the same time.

I did get a confirmation e-mail almost immediately after ordering though.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmex is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmex Find more posts by tmex Add tmex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmex

My confirmation from this mornings order was email.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spotty is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spotty Find more posts by spotty Add spotty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spotty

Congrats on getting the TIVO and all, but seriously who has to ask their wife for a Tivo?
That should be the real discussion here.
Cheers

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bloozeman is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bloozeman Find more posts by bloozeman Add bloozeman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloozeman

quote:
Originally posted by spotty

I'm not even married and even I understand that dynamic. The only person I answer to is my conscious (at this point) but someday I'll need to answer to a wife as well.

-Ray

P.S. My conscious is telling me it wishes I hadn't invested a bunch of money in mutual funds back in February since I've now lost enough to buy a HD Tivo.

Last edited by bloozeman on 05-18-2004 at 12:31 AM

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsmith is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith Find more posts by rsmith Add rsmith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith

I just received my confirmation email, 5 Hours after ordering.

Status: Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 05/20/2004 - 05/21/2004.

Samsung SIRT160 -
50" RCA Scenium Plasma HDTV Monitor

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hutty is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hutty Find more posts by Hutty Add Hutty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hutty

SHIPPED!!!!! received shipping email at 3:35PM EST

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

I received my e-mail confirmation like everyone else pretty much immediately after ordering. I also confirmed over the phone that the unit was indeed in stock.

In reference to no interest financing, I asked the CSR over the phone bout it. She said although there was no special financing tied to the HD Tivo, it would qualify for a 6 months no interest plan. The rub was that I did not have my Best buy account number with me and even after giving them all of my information they would not give me the CC number so that I could use it. The CSR said I could go up to the BB brick & mortar store and do it there, but I knew the internet store would be out of stock by then.

So, I put the purchase on my mastercard and went up to the store over lunch to see if I could get the charge transferred over to my BB card so I could take advantage of the no interest financing.

The Customer Service lady there said that they could not do that BUT when I receive the unit I can bring it in as a return and then turn right around and use my BB credit card to "re-purchase" the item. That way I'll get the no interest financing. Suprising amount of help from Best Buy!

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsmith is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith Find more posts by rsmith Add rsmith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith

Got the "It Shipped" email at 2:50 PM.

Should be here Wednesday! WOOHOO!

Samsung SIRT160 -
50" RCA Scenium Plasma HDTV Monitor

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

Red face

Still waiting on my "It Shipped"................

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdchrgrboy Find more posts by sdchrgrboy Add sdchrgrboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by spotty
Congrats on getting the TIVO and all, but seriously who has to ask their wife for a Tivo?
Cheers

A bunch of pus@ies, that's who. I can't believe grown men still cowher in front of their wives. Grow some b@lls.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 03:01 AM
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

Excuse us for having healthy marriages where the wife's opinion on non-trivial purchases actually matters. Frankly, I'd rather have a happy wife- she may be more willing to have some fun with mine (already grown) than kicking them (figuratively).

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

--rock is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for --rock Find more posts by --rock Add --rock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
--rock

Wink

I got my confirmation email a few minutes after placing my order. I didn't ask for next day, just plain old ground, so my expected delivery date is 5/21/04 - 5/25/04. Oh well, I've waited this long, a few days won't make that much of a difference. I'm glad so many of you read my post, and were able to get an order in before they ran out of stock.

For those of you who missed out, I'd keep trying the Best Buy and Circuit City websites--remember to refresh the page each time you check. I started checking the sites last Friday, and almost got one from Circuit City--the stock sold out while I was placing my order on line.

--rock

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdchrgrboy Find more posts by sdchrgrboy Add sdchrgrboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by CutisDoc
Excuse us for having healthy marriages where the wife's opinion on non-trivial purchases actually matters. Frankly, I'd rather have a happy wife- she may be more willing to have some fun with mine (already grown) than kicking them (figuratively).
It wasn'tr a question of asking the wives "opinion", it was "how do I convince the wive..etc.," doesn't sound like asking for an "opinion" to me.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KenW is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 05:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KenW Find more posts by KenW Add KenW to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KenW

Crap! I was at a client site all day with no internet access.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

an3 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 09:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for an3 Find more posts by an3 Add an3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
an3

The Best Buy in Chicago (North) ave. has them stacked. I bought one in the store, they have like 25 of em on the floor.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged