TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Best Buy has it instock <<<

Pages (9): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jfischer is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 07:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jfischer Find more posts by jfischer Add jfischer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfischer

quote:
Originally posted by spotty
Congrats on getting the TIVO and all, but seriously who has to ask their wife for a Tivo?

Dude, I'm not married but a $99 TiVo is one thing. A $1,000 TiVo is quite another. Blowing $1,000 on a toy without consulting with your S.O. can bring bad juju

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

convbcuda is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for convbcuda Find more posts by convbcuda Add convbcuda to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
convbcuda

quote:
Originally posted by jfischer
Dude, I'm not married but a $99 TiVo is one thing. A $1,000 TiVo is quite another. Blowing $1,000 on a toy without consulting with your S.O. can bring bad juju

No, it brings you NO juju!!

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mbowman is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mbowman Find more posts by mbowman Add mbowman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mbowman

My wife will have no problem with me getting the HD Tivo....... well, as long as I get her that new dryer first. So this baby is going to cost me oh, about $1,800.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grapaslingo is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for grapaslingo Find more posts by grapaslingo Add grapaslingo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grapaslingo

The original 'well you guys are pussies' thing really pissed me off in the first place...but then I thought about it and realized that this came from the guy who told an upset Good Guys customer, "Well that's your fault for ordering from them" in another thread.

I'll stick with the rest of you "pussies" when it comes to honest, sincere help with the HD Tivo--and how to break the purchase to our loving wives.

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bloozeman is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 01:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bloozeman Find more posts by bloozeman Add bloozeman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloozeman

quote:
Originally posted by sdchrgrboy
Oh so wrong. Been married over 3 years and couldn't be happier. Get it all the time and buy anything I want and she buys anything she wants. It's called having no stupid kids to drain your income.

Sounds like you two possibly might be leaving beyond your means as well.

-Ray

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bloozeman is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bloozeman Find more posts by bloozeman Add bloozeman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloozeman

quote:
Originally posted by davidmin
If you already have a Directivo, you could just paint silver over the format lights and switch the receivers. If she notices a difference, just tell her that "there must have been a software update."

My problem will be the exact opposite when I finally get my hands on one, i.e., I'm going to attempt to spray paint it black because I don't want it's "Sony silver" ruining my gorgeous rack of all black high-end audio equipment.

On another note my local sales guy (who works for a Tweeter subsidiary) said they should have units in the next week and he'll hold one for me even though they still have 32 committed to presales. Apparently they got units last week but they were all spoken for and he didn't know I was interested or I could have had one of those. Just one more reason it has paid in the long run to establish a longterm relationship with a B&M salesman/dealer.

He also informed me of two things I did not know about... The first is Samsung will be delivering a HD DirectTivo in August. The other is that Mitsubishi has also committed to manufacturing one and should have one out by the end of the year. Now I know the Samsung will be "Sony silver" but there is a small glimmer of hope the Mits won't.

-Ray

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpf1123 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dpf1123 Find more posts by dpf1123 Add dpf1123 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpf1123

Day 2 of my order "In Process". Good thing I paid for the next day shipping...I ordered mine at 11AM Monday, anyone else still waiting for their order to be processed?

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Corbett is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Corbett Find more posts by Scott Corbett Add Scott Corbett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Corbett
Woodworker

I ordered about 10:30 AM Monday, Next Day. Mine is "Out For Delivery" since 6:34 AM today.

Mitsubishi WS-55313 RP HD monitor.
MX-700
It's tough without TiVo.

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bfdhe is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bfdhe Find more posts by bfdhe Add bfdhe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bfdhe
TiVo Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by dpf1123
Day 2 of my order "In Process". Good thing I paid for the next day shipping...I ordered mine at 11AM Monday, anyone else still waiting for their order to be processed?

Ordered mine at 10:30 monday.

Just got off the phone with BB. Rep said "it takes up to two days to process the order". What is there to process? This should be automated from the web site. I order from CDW and Dell on a daily basis and they get my next day orders to me the next day!

The rep confirmed that "your item should ship sometime today". She basically told me that "Next day" means, the next day after it ships. So if it takes 5 days to ship, you will get it the next day.

I won't hold my breath.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by sdchrgrboy
Oh so wrong. Been married over 3 years and couldn't be happier. Get it all the time and buy anything I want and she buys anything she wants. It's called having no stupid kids to drain your income.

Ahh yes those stupid kids....they cause all the problems in life. I mean we should all just stop having them. That would make the world go round. Perhaps we should just replace them with robots?

My two HD-Tivo's are kickin' btw, wife and son enjoy them too. Try not to be so harsh/judgemental of other members, everyone lives their own lives.

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by bloozeman
He also informed me of two things I did not know about... The first is Samsung will be delivering a HD DirectTivo in August. The other is that Mitsubishi has also committed to manufacturing one and should have one out by the end of the year. Now I know the Samsung will be "Sony silver" but there is a small glimmer of hope the Mits won't.

You better get him to recheck his sources. While Samsung may be producing the box, it will still be labeled "DirecTV" as D* has taken over the branding of all STB's. I can't find the press release, but it was from January.

Also, IIRC, Mits is not going to be one of the manufactureres of STB's. So his info is a little off.

You may want to do a search as there was one member who painted his HDVR2 black and it looked pretty good.

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bfdhe is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bfdhe Find more posts by bfdhe Add bfdhe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bfdhe
TiVo Junkie

Just got a "your shipment is on its way" email. 47 hours after the order. Well... At least it will be here tomorrow. (I hope).

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpf1123 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 07:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dpf1123 Find more posts by dpf1123 Add dpf1123 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpf1123

Yup...just got the "It shipped" a mere 46 1/2 hours later. It will be an early day from work tomorrow.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

Cool

My tracking number finally was activated through UPS and delivery is on schedule for Friday- Yes!

Now, if I could only get out of having to travel to my nephew's high school graduation!

Wait- that's what I have Tivo for!!!! BP

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpf1123 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:18 PM
dpf1123

CutisDoc...what shipping did you get? Ground? Or Two Day Air? I'm going to Vegas on Friday so I was hoping mine would show up tomorrow being that I paid for Next Day Air.

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

quote:
Originally posted by dpf1123
CutisDoc...what shipping did you get? Ground? Or Two Day Air? I'm going to Vegas on Friday so I was hoping mine would show up tomorrow being that I paid for Next Day Air.

Good 'Ole Free Ground Shipping. I think it sucks that those who paid for "Next Day Shipping" on the same day I bought mine are having to deal with their "Order Still In Process" issue. Too bad it didn't say "Same Day Shipping"!

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpf1123 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:27 PM
dpf1123

Thanks...I've been waiting so long on the VE line I should have gotten ground too but like any kid getting a new toy, I want it now.

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

--rock is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for --rock Find more posts by --rock Add --rock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
--rock

My unit was given to UPS yesterday, but it didn't make it into the UPS system until about 6 PM--with no expected delivery date. I checked this morning, and it's moving with an expected delivery date of 5/24/04--which happens to be my birthday, nice birthday present. I was hoping for Friday, but I guess it takes a bit longer to make it to California.

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bollingm is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bollingm Find more posts by bollingm Add bollingm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bollingm

Sterling VA store had several yesterdday when I picked mine up.

Paradigm in wall speakers
Mirage 10" sub
Basic Sony DVD Player (waiting on new upconverts)
Audiotron

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

quote:
Originally posted by bloozeman
He also informed me of two things I did not know about... The first is Samsung will be delivering a HD DirectTivo in August. The other is that Mitsubishi has also committed to manufacturing one and should have one out by the end of the year.
I seriously doubt it. Your sales guy is blowing some major smoke. Even if a manufacturer other than D*/Thompson were to make them, they would likely look exactly like the present DirecTV box and have the DirecTV badge.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged