TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Best Buy has it instock <<<

Pages (9): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hutty is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hutty Find more posts by Hutty Add Hutty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hutty

Got mine this morning.

Build Date: 4/4!

Was hoping for something a little newer...but oh well...as long as it works Im happy.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsmith is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith Find more posts by rsmith Add rsmith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith

Ordered mine about 10:30 AM on Monday with 2nd Day Delivery.
UPS shows it "Out for Delivery" as of 4:15 AM this morning.

Samsung SIRT160 -
50" RCA Scenium Plasma HDTV Monitor

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

Are these BB units double boxed? Or shipped "as is"?

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hutty is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hutty Find more posts by Hutty Add Hutty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hutty

Mine was not double boxed

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsmith is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith Find more posts by rsmith Add rsmith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith

BTW, I went to my wife and explained to her that I was caught up in a buying frenzy and in a moment of weakness, I ordered a HD TiVo.
She said "That's OK honey. How much was it?"
This is where it got a little iffy. I discussed how we weren't utilizing the full capabilities of our 50" Plasma because we never watch HD TV etc.
Wife: "$500"
Me: "You'll be able to watch all your favorites and movies in HD. More Than $500"
Wife: "$700?"
Me: "I bought it from Best Buy so we can take it back in 30 Days. I'm hoping they will offer 0% financing. More than $700."
Wife: "$1000!!?"
Me: "Actually only $999 and I can sell my other Tivo."
Wife: "Well, it better be noticeable."

Samsung SIRT160 -

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdchrgrboy Find more posts by sdchrgrboy Add sdchrgrboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by bloozeman
Sounds like you two possibly might be leaving beyond your means as well.

-Ray

I don't think so. we both work in the entertainment industry, make over 6 figures each, live in one of the most exclusive areas of San Diego and have no kids. We travel frequently and like expensive toys, nothing wrong with that. I just laugh at some of the posts on here. The driviling nonsense, the whining etc. I would never be in a relationship with someone if i had to ask permission or get approval to purchase something I wanted, but hey that's just me. If you feel the need to get the wifes opinion, then go for it. I just choose to live my life differently.

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdchrgrboy Find more posts by sdchrgrboy Add sdchrgrboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by grapaslingo
The original 'well you guys are pussies' thing really pissed me off in the first place...but then I thought about it and realized that this came from the guy who told an upset Good Guys customer, "Well that's your fault for ordering from them" in another thread.

I'll stick with the rest of you "pussies" when it comes to honest, sincere help with the HD Tivo--and how to break the purchase to our loving wives.

That may be true. I didn't realize that this forum was for whining and moaning over trivial things. I originally read this forum to find out about the new HD Tivo and when it was going to come out. For that it was informative. I was able to get mine from CC. I am just amazed at what's posted on here, the stupid threads, "mine doesn't do this", "I was rude to at Best Buy", "mine wasn't double boxed", " etc. I guess it makes you feel better to bitch and moan to someone. I just don't have simpathy for that. If you had a problem with Good Guys, deal with it, don't bitch and moan about.

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

quote:
Originally posted by sdchrgrboy
I don't think so. we both work in the entertainment industry, make over 6 figures each, live in one of the most exclusive areas of San Diego and have no kids. We travel frequently and like expensive toys, nothing wrong with that. I just laugh at some of the posts on here. The driviling nonsense, the whining etc. I would never be in a relationship with someone if i had to ask permission or get approval to purchase something I wanted, but hey that's just me. If you feel the need to get the wifes opinion, then go for it. I just choose to live my life differently.

This coming from a guy who sums it all up with this quote from another post-

quote:
Finally some words of wisdom. I would tell the broad not to let the door hit her in the a$# on her way out.

'nuff said

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

quote:

you sound a bit full of yourself. And if you together make over 200k then you have no reason to explain a $1000 purchase to your SO and we're all very happy for you. Some other people on this board aren't in that same boat, so to judge them based on your lifestyle is asinine. As for the kids comment, I'm rather glad you didn't procreate...we need fewer kids being brought up with the values you seem to have.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 12:40 AM
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by bbodin
you sound a bit full of yourself. And if you together make over 200k then you have no reason to explain a $1000 purchase to your SO and we're all very happy for you. Some other people on this board aren't in that same boat, so to judge them based on your lifestyle is asinine. As for the kids comment, I'm rather glad you didn't procreate...we need fewer kids being brought up with the values you seem to have.

I am not judging anyone, I just think it's funny that's all. I just don't sugar coat things. You probably don't like Simon Cowell either, but he is dead on in what he says, I am the same way. By the way, I was raised with great values. And from what I've seen, more often than not, there are many parents out there that never should have procreated. And it's adults like myself that often end up footing the bill.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hutty is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 01:00 AM
Hutty

FYI, I wasn't bitching that didn't come double boxed, just answering someone else's question.

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

quote:
I am not judging anyone

quote:
A bunch of pus@ies, that's who. I can't believe grown men still cowher in front of their wives. Grow some b@lls.

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Corbett is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Corbett Find more posts by Scott Corbett Add Scott Corbett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Corbett
Woodworker

Mine came in the DirecTV box. Built 4-25 in the USA.

Up and running now.

Mitsubishi WS-55313 RP HD monitor.
MX-700
It's tough without TiVo.

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsmith is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:08 AM
rsmith

It's here activated and working well. I just have to make some adjustments to my OTA.

I did have a little problem with the D* Reps (disconnected and had to start over and mistakenly told them I had a Hughes Brand Tivo) but it actually went quite smoothly.

Samsung SIRT160 -

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

quote:

I find users on internet forums who make specific claims regarding their financial standing and level of employment are usually exaggerating considerably. Just find it funny that the only people ever willing to disclose around approximately how much they make on forums are the ones making "hundreds of thousands", especially considering when talking face to face the opposite is usually true; the more one makes the less likely they are to even bring up the topic of salary or cost of living.

It's then usually followed up with "I don't care whether you believe me or not."

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

graemeg is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for graemeg Find more posts by graemeg Add graemeg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
graemeg

Still waiting...

Placed my order in the magical window of opportunity on Monday morning 5/17.

Today is Wed, and still have - Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

I emailed customer support they emailed back:

May 19, 2004
Order Number: BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxx:

We encountered a problem while processing the order you placed on 05/17/2004. We will process your order as soon as possible.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

--------------------------

I called in and they verified my info and said there was no problem with my order. I asked if my item was in stock and I got the "Oh yes everything is in order." She claimed she has verified my info and I would shortly get an email with my delivery info. Nothing yet.....

I noticed the funds are on hold with my credit card company so who knows!

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

graemeg is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for graemeg Find more posts by graemeg Add graemeg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
graemeg

YOU WON'T BELIEVE BEST BUY

Just got this message:

Order Cancelation
May 19, 2004
Order Number: xxxxx
Dearxx:
There's been a change to the status of your order.
Your order has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information.
Item details are listed below.
If you have any questions about this cancelation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.
Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

----------------------------------
Can someone explain? I specifically called and was told all was verified. How could they not verify, yet place a hold on funds on the card?

Any lawyers out there?

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

Dude, that sux! Maybe they oversold their stock? I'd certainly be giving them a call and reaming them a new one.

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbradway is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbradway Find more posts by jbradway Add jbradway to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbradway

quote:
I am not judging anyone, I just think it's funny that's all. I just don't sugar coat things. You probably don't like Simon Cowell either, but he is dead on in what he says, I am the same way. By the way, I was raised with great values. And from what I've seen, more often than not, there are many parents out there that never should have procreated. And it's adults like myself that often end up footing the bill.

What if your parents had the same attitude about procreating?
When I'm ready to check out of this life and look back on the things I'm most proud of, my kids would be at top of that list. They certainly bring me more joy than any electronic component I could ever buy.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:53 AM
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by borghe
I find users on internet forums who make specific claims regarding their financial standing and level of employment are usually exaggerating considerably. Just find it funny that the only people ever willing to disclose around approximately how much they make on forums are the ones making "hundreds of thousands", especially considering when talking face to face the opposite is usually true; the more one makes the less likely they are to even bring up the topic of salary or cost of living.

It's then usually followed up with "I don't care whether you believe me or not."

I didn't bring it up. It was suggested that I was living beyond my means. So I clarified it. You are entitled to your opinion. I find that most users on these forums are nerds that didn't go to their high school prom.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged