TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> 10% Off at Best Buy May 28 - May 31 <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gatorbait is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gatorbait Find more posts by gatorbait Add gatorbait to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gatorbait
Advanced Member

10% Off at Best Buy May 28 - May 31

If you are lucky enough to have them in stock at your local Best Buy, be sure to save 10% with this printable coupon. Credit to slickdeals.net

Coupon

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FourDoor is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FourDoor Find more posts by FourDoor Add FourDoor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FourDoor
I Tivo!

LOL... I was gonna post the same thing but credit FatWallet.com instead. Good luck to all!!!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottrob is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottrob Visit scottrob's homepage! Find more posts by scottrob Add scottrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottrob
Love new toys

I bought a unit yesterday. Does anyone know if I can go to the store with receipt and coupon on Friday and save $100? Has that worked before? I am concerned because there is a statement somewhere on the coupon about not being valid for prior purchases or something like that.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

People have reported being told that they can go back to the store and get the 10% off credited, yes.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

Any feel for how strict they are about the "in-stock" requirement? To me, it is more of a price match guarantee, regardless which store or location the unit was purchased.

I will probably give it a try and see what happens. Couldn't we always say that "it was in stock"...knowing that it was only in stock for like 10 minutes.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

quote:
Originally posted by scottrob
I bought a unit yesterday. Does anyone know if I can go to the store with receipt and coupon on Friday and save $100? Has that worked before? I am concerned because there is a statement somewhere on the coupon about not being valid for prior purchases or something like that.

It all depends if your the type of person that takes no for an answer?

I would expect the 10% even if the coupon states differently. And I have done this several times in the past, however I don't think they ever said yes at first!

I would sure try! Good Luck!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bollingm is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bollingm Find more posts by bollingm Add bollingm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bollingm

Sorry but his line kinda kills it, wish it did not since I got mine last week.

That is not to say you would not get someone who would say yes, hey ask enough folks out someone will say OK.

devil in the details.....

". Not valid on prior purchases. "

Paradigm in wall speakers
Mirage 10" sub
Basic Sony DVD Player (waiting on new upconverts)
Audiotron

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FourDoor is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FourDoor Find more posts by FourDoor Add FourDoor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FourDoor
I Tivo!

It's called a return buy. Just go up to the cs counter with just the receipt and the coupon. Tell them you want to do a return buy so you can use the 10% off coupon. Be nice to them and they'll be nice back to you.

For a $100, it's worth the shot to try...

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

A true price match, right? I don't see why it matters if the item is in stock or not. I have had success in the past with BB refunding me $$ because of a sale, I don't see why this scenario is any different.

What am I missing?

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcondon is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcondon Find more posts by jcondon Add jcondon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcondon

You guys rock. I went to both of my Local Best Buys and was not able to obtain this coupon in the weekly fliers or Father's day special type catalog.

And nothing in the mail either.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottrob is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottrob Visit scottrob's homepage! Find more posts by scottrob Add scottrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottrob
Love new toys

quote:
Originally posted by FourDoor
It's called a return buy. Just go up to the cs counter with just the receipt and the coupon. Tell them you want to do a return buy so you can use the 10% off coupon. Be nice to them and they'll be nice back to you.

For a $100, it's worth the shot to try...

Do I need to have the unit with me or just the receipt and coupon? Thanks in advance.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbyguy is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbyguy Find more posts by bbyguy Add bbyguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbyguy

FYI - Stores received communication this afternoon that the HD/DVR is not part of the promotion. Read the coupon, it only includes the catagories listed and DBS is not one of the catagories. They were also told not to do any return buys.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 09:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

Read the back of the coupon, that *excludes* items from the sale. It's not excluded.

Marc

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 09:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

Looks like LCD monitors ARE NOT included?

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

davisryan is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for davisryan Find more posts by davisryan Add davisryan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davisryan

Is this coupon a joke? When did Best Buy start selling Sonus Faber and Martin Logan? They are listed in the exclusions.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilson is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 11:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilson Find more posts by wilson Add wilson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilson

They bought Magnolia HiFi which sells ML. Maybe they're referring to their store-within-a-store thing.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gotchaa is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 12:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gotchaa Find more posts by Gotchaa Add Gotchaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gotchaa

i bought two from BB, already got reward points and sold one, so this looks worth a shot. let you know how it goes..

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbyguy is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbyguy Find more posts by bbyguy Add bbyguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbyguy

quote:
Originally posted by Marco
Read the back of the coupon, that *excludes* items from the sale. It's not excluded.

The exclusions are brands or models from the catagories that are included in the coupon. Those catagories are listed on the front.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 08:29 PM
Marco
Malfeasor

(My coupon was honored Thursday. See other thread for detail.)

If I'd had my coupon dis-honored by a Blue Shirt, based on that rationale, a manager would have gotten an earful from me; and he would have lost several thousand $$ in future sales.

Marc

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chriscic is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chriscic Find more posts by chriscic Add chriscic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chriscic

Forgive me

Forgive me for being a dumb***, but aren't the items listed in the coupon fairly limited? How could you argue that it applies to the HDTivo?

I was in BB today not for the HDTivo (already got one), but happened to see a videocard on the shelf that I wanted. They said the coupon did not apply and I didn't see any room to argue since there's nothing listed in there that sounds like a videocard.

Someone enlighten me please? Sounds like some folks are just plain good at cajoling others into doing what they want : )

I'm not so good at doing that unless I at least have what I think is a strong logical argument to begin with.

Thanks,
-Chris

Last edited by chriscic on 05-28-2004 at 11:30 PM

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged