TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> G4-TechTV Merger May 28 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
turls is offline Old Post 05-26-2004 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

G4-TechTV Merger May 28

A bunch of G4 shows are showing up on TechTV, like Judgment Day and Arena, I'm skeptical if TechTV season passes (for old and new shows) will survive the actual merger and not have to be redone.

It looks like TechTV show data is in the crapper again and I haven't seen any unique descriptions for G4 shows on TechTV. That isn't surprising.

I guess we'll find out starting May 28.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thumperxr69 is offline Old Post 05-26-2004 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thumperxr69 Find more posts by thumperxr69 Add thumperxr69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thumperxr69

Yes, I just started an SP on Screensavers in the past month and now I notice there are a butt load of episodes scheduled for this wekend. Aghhhhhh can you say reset???

T

ATI HD tuner card

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul E is offline Old Post 05-26-2004 06:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul E Visit Paul E's homepage! Find more posts by Paul E Add Paul E to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul E

I've been using a manual recording for "The Screen Savers" for some time now. With the incredible lack of guide data for the show and multiple airings of each episode, a MR seemed like the easiest solution to me.

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV
HR10-250 HD-DirecTivo
Sony SAT-T60 @ 105 hours
Mitsubishi H2000 D-VHS (HD-VHS)
Denon audio system with 5.1 Klipsch speakers
HTM MX-500 remote to operate all HT components

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DarkAudit is offline Old Post 05-26-2004 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkAudit Find more posts by DarkAudit Add DarkAudit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkAudit

Tried calling both TechTV and DirecTV. Neither wants to take responsibility for the program listings.

If memory serves me right, Jon Stewart actually apologized to TiVo users on-air for the crappy listings for The Daily Show.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thumperxr69 is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 08:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thumperxr69 Find more posts by thumperxr69 Add thumperxr69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thumperxr69

Paul, My SP has worked great for the past couple of months for SS but it looks like it is being "reset".

I have setup a manual recording. 8-(

ATI HD tuner card

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

I'm not much for making excuses, but I'm not going to complain too loudly considering the one channel I really wanted for the last couple years I didn't have is going to be on DirecTV--I'll give them a few days to fix the listings

BTW, the channel shows up this morning on my DTivo as "G4TV".

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dhowell is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dhowell Find more posts by dhowell Add dhowell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dhowell

Here's a strange thing. Before the merger, most if not all the TechTV shows had detailed episode information in the guide data, and the G4TV shows had generic descriptions. Now, all the shows from G4 have episode descriptions, and the former TechTV shows all have generic information.

Don't get to comfortable with your season passes working... After the TNN to Spike changeover, DTivo season passes were unaffected... until about 6 months later, when Tribune finally changed the name in the data it was supplying. Keep an eye out for something similar to happen here.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged