TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Tivo Timing Out While Accessing Mp3's <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MiBen is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 12:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiBen Find more posts by MiBen Add MiBen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiBen

Question Tivo Timing Out While Accessing Mp3's

Hello Everyone,
I have a moderate .mp3 collection. About 4,000 song files. I placed all the songs into one folder named "Everything" then published the "Everything" folder using the Tivo Publisher. The purpose of this was to be able to play every song I have on my computer using the Shuffle feature in HMO. The Tivo times out every time I attempt to access the newly created "Everything" folder. Specifically it says the network has become busy and to try again later. I created 4 different folders, "Everything A-C", "Everything D-G","Everything H-P", "Everything Q-Z" each folder contains 1,000 .mp3 files each. Tivo can now access the 4 folders individually. Does anyone know the maximum number of music files permitted in a folder on your computer for Tivo to be able to access them without the above mentioned error? Thanks for all your help!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

You realize that you can still play those songs randomly from all four folders, right? Just hit the PLAY button at the higher hierarchical level on the TiVo.

I don't know if the number of files in a folder is really an issue with TiVo Desktop. I believe it has more to do with the operating system and the amount of memory available to the application.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MiBen is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 01:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiBen Find more posts by MiBen Add MiBen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiBen

Smile

Not to sound like a dummy, but I have only been playing around with HMO for a few days now. What exactly do I have to do to play songs randomly from all four folders?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Push the play button on your remote when you have the folder which contains those folders highlighted. I think you can also press the play button from the item that says "Music on ..." to play everything.

You may have to change your options (press the ENTER key on the remote while a song is playing) to enable the random selection.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffk is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffk Find more posts by jeffk Add jeffk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffk

It's the fault of TivoDesktop software. I had the same problem of too many mp3's that it would time out trying to play them all randomly. Get JavaHMO or another one of the alternatives out there, you won't have this problem, it totally is the tivodesktop software.

Jeff

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ACraigL is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ACraigL Find more posts by ACraigL Add ACraigL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ACraigL

I had this problem (for months) and eventually upgraded my wireless -B router to a Linksys WT45G. The improvement was huge and immediate. I'm using the same wireless adapter but the signal strength went from approx. 33% to over 80% consistently.

Assuming your connected wirelessly, check the strength and quality of the signal... it makes an enormous difference.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged