TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Using Digiguide to set manual recordings via TiVo web <<<

Pages (5): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

Weird.

I replicated Bobnicks recording by setting a recording for tomorrows semi (starting at the same time. I got the same problem and fixed it in the same way (by deleting the leading zero). I also tried a few more manual recordings and it seems that this method doesn't work if the start time is between 0800 and 0959. Fine from 0001 to 0759. I'll talk with Paul Webster abouit it, but does anyone have an idea why this is happening so specifically between 8 and just befor 10 am?

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Digiguide days run 0600 - 0600 not midnight to midnight, so perhaps dates in the 00.01 to 05.59 get processed to be the right day and therefore the code that does that strips the leading zero?

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-16-2003 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

Well, here's the http get instruction that DABdig sends
http://tivoip/manrec?titlestr=Countdown&descriptionstr=Quiz+Show&chnsel=318193&wodatetz
=1069027200&wotimetz=05&womin=05&durationstr=45&ratingstr=1&
recqual=100&forcerecord=0&repeat=once&submit=Record

As you can see it's for a program starting at 0505.

A url for a program recording that fails in the way bobnick found is here

http://tivoip/manrec?titlestr=Spider-Man&descriptionstr=Animation&chnsel=318193&wodatetz=1068940800&
wotimetz=08&womin=35&durationstr=25&ratingstr=1&recqual=100&
forcerecord=0&repeat=once&submit=Record

for a program that starts at 0835

No real difference in format

Last edited by dialanothernumb on 11-16-2003 at 12:47 AM

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-16-2003 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by sanderton

I think since both sources are commercially sourced data, that I can get away without worrying about misspellings - it's more where they have taken different approache to "normalising" some complex series names.

Just had a first look at Tcl, this is my first cut as a way I would try to normalise the data.

code:
regsub -all {^.+:|[^a-zA-Z]} $Tribune_title "" compacted_Tribune_title regsub -all {^.+:|[^a-zA-Z]} $DigiGuide_title "" compacted_DigiGuide_title if {[string match -nocase $compacted_Tribune_title $compacted_DigiGuide_title]}

So

BBC 2 Crime Afternoon: Harry's Game
would match
HARRYS GAME (1982)

But

would not match
BBC 2 Crime Afternoon: Larry's Game

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-16-2003 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

In that example, the shorter would match the longer, but not the other way round.

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-16-2003 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
In that example, the shorter would match the longer, but not the other way round.

I am presumably missing the obvious, but I can't understand your post and see the problem - care to expand?

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-17-2003 02:16 AM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

I'm not 100% sure as I tend to program these things by trial and error rather than deep understanding, but if I read your code frangment right and string match works the way I think it does then:

would indeed match
HARRYS GAME (1982)

but

HARRYS GAME (1982)
would not match

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul Webster is offline Old Post 11-17-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Webster Visit Paul Webster's homepage! Find more posts by Paul Webster Add Paul Webster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Webster

quote:
Originally posted by dialanothernumb
Well, here's the http get instruction that DABdig sends
<snip>

I have now changed the code to not put in leading 0 when specifying hour or minute - version 244b12

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-17-2003 11:45 PM
pgogborn

quote:
I'm not 100% sure as I tend to program these things by trial and error rather than deep understanding, but if I read your code frangment right and string match works the way I think it does then:

would indeed match
HARRYS GAME (1982)

but

HARRYS GAME (1982)
would not match

Perhaps I am still at cross purposes with you, but the problem as originally stated was that:
SMarteenies instead of Smarteenies
Enterprise instead of Star Trek: Enterprise
was making it difficult to compare the strings.

I therefore used
code:
if {[string match -nocase

to do a case insensitive comparison. This takes care of the SMarteenies / Smarteenies problem.

However, before the case insensitive comparison was made, I used
code:
regsub -all {^.+:|

to remove from the string everything that preceded the [final] colon symbol. This takes care of the Enterprise / Star Trek: Enterprise mismatch.

For good measure I used
code:
[^a-zA-Z

to remove numbers, blanks, punctuation marks etc as these non-critical characters can be entered differently depending on who is typing the title into the database.

Like you I use a trial and error method - I think a problem of understanding the code could be that the claret ^ has two different meanings according to context.

In
code:
{^.+:|
it anchors a search patern to the begining of a string.

In
code:
[^a-zA-Z
it means 'search for the inverse [opposite] of the specified pattern'.

Hmm! so much for this Perl / Tcl comparison that claims "Tcl is much simpler and easier to learn than Perl... the Perl language is riddled with special cases and idioms" >
http://www.mcs.sdsmt.edu/~mcgough/tcltk/tcltk.html

For a step-by-step breakdown of the sting comparison you can view the transformations using this code >

set Tribune_title "BBC 2 Crime Afternoon: Harry's Game"
set DigiGuide_title "HARRYS GAME (1982)"

regsub -all {^.+:|[^a-zA-Z]} $Tribune_title "" compacted_Tribune_title
regsub -all {^.+:|[^a-zA-Z]} $DigiGuide_title "" compacted_DigiGuide_title

string match -nocase $compacted_Tribune_title $compacted_DigiGuide_title

if { [string match -nocase $compacted_Tribune_title $compacted_DigiGuide_title] } {
puts "In a case insensitive comparison, compacted titles match:\n$compacted_Tribune_title (\$compacted_Tribune_title)\n$compacted_DigiGuide_title
(\$compacted_DigiGuide_title)\n"
puts "Original uncompacted titles were:\n$Tribune_title (\$Tribune_title)\n$DigiGuide_title (\$DigiGuide_title)"
} else {puts "In a case insensitive comparison, compacted titles do NOT match:\n$compacted_Tribune_title (\$compacted_Tribune_title)\n$compacted_DigiGuide_title
(\$compacted_DigiGuide_title)\n"
puts "Original uncompacted titles were:\n$Tribune_title (\$Tribune_title)\n$DigiGuide_title (\$DigiGuide_title)" }

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-17-2003 11:54 PM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

I think we were at crossed-purposes. I thought you were suggesting your code fragment would work generally, not just in one specific instance of the colons (or ones very like it). And I missed the pre-colon removal bit. I just quoted two random examples, unfortunately there are very few consistencies in the inconsitencies (!) so you would have to have nearly as many lines in the comparision routine as there things to search for. It'll be easier to do it by eye.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shanew is offline Old Post 11-19-2003 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shanew Visit shanew's homepage! Find more posts by shanew Add shanew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shanew

Using DigiGuide to set Normal Recordings via TivoWeb

I wanted a program which could make "normal" (not manual) recordings using digiguide so endpad would add soft padding automatically.

So i've written one!

Once you right click on a programme in DigiGuide and select "Record Programme with TiVo" it does a search in TiVoWEB to match the programme title, time and date and then take you directly to the conflicts page so you can either confirm the recording with a single click or review the conflicts. Once at this page you can even set/edit/cancel a seasonpass by clicking on the programme's link.

It works pretty good for me so if anyone is interested they are welcome to use it.

If there are any problems, post here and i'll try to fix them

Cheers,

Shane.

EDIT: Attachment removed, new version uploaded which tell you to modify the vbs file to point to your tivo's ip
See thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=144032

Last edited by shanew on 11-19-2003 at 06:11 AM

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-19-2003 04:31 AM
dialanothernumb

Shane, I think this is a neat bit of scripting.

Just what I was thinking about attempting myself but struggling to implement (looking through it, it looks easy, hmmmm )! Whilst the fix with DABDig works very well, it's still a Manual recording and as you say, loses the advantages of Stuart's endpad.Edit: Endpad works fine with manual recordings

Can I suggest you plant this in a new thread, as the thread title is a bit misleading

And thanks!

Last edited by dialanothernumb on 11-19-2003 at 08:21 PM

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shanew is offline Old Post 11-19-2003 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shanew Visit shanew's homepage! Find more posts by shanew Add shanew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shanew

thanks dialanothernumb, I didn't think it was worth a new thread but with your recommendation i'll make it so

Cheers,

Shane

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ywu is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ywu Find more posts by ywu Add ywu to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ywu
TiVo User

Hi dialanothernumb

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I like your module as it allows me to use my unsubbed Tivo with Digiguide, but having a problem with it.

Manual recordings work fine via Tivoweb (Plus) as does Conflict Resolve Manual. (it's the cgunn version that uses callsigns).

When I use this module and right-click to record, I get the following message:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_manrec '' 'set "titlestr" "BBC News";set "descriptionstr" "All the latest news from around the worl";set "chnsel" "40";set "wodatetz" "1087430400";set "wotimetz" "13";set "womin" "14";set "durationstr" "46";set "ratingstr" "1";set "recqual" "40";set "forcerecord" "1";set "repeat" "once";set "submit" "Record";'
can't read "callsign": no such variable
while executing
"create_manual_todo_recording $chan $timeArray $chnsel $callsign $titlestr $episodetitlestr $descriptionstr $ratingstr $programSource $recqual"
(procedure "::action_manrec" line 154)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Is it because of the callsign, and if so, is there anything that can be done to use it on a non-subbed box?

From what I can gather, the extra required fields are (values are examples):

callsign=&
descriptionstr=Manual+Recording&

Thanks.

Last edited by ywu on 06-17-2004 at 08:41 PM

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged