TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Coupling 6/20 "Bed Time" <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S
TiVo Forum Special Member

Coupling 6/20 "Bed Time"

I think this is possibly the best episode of the season so far. The chess game, Susan the Happy Elf, the magic sentence.

"I need a sentence that starts with 'I need to go home now...' and ends with me at home"

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Pretty good episode. I really miss Jeff though. Oliver making his entrance and the ensuing scene just seemed wrong. I did get a big laugh out of him throwing his clothes in the elevator.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Francesco Visit Francesco's homepage! Find more posts by Francesco Add Francesco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Francesco

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona

Has anyone over at the BBCA forum ever announced what happened to "Jeff"? Personally, I found the first season 4 ep to be hugely disappointing.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

Re: Coupling 6/20 "Bed Time"

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan_S
I think this is possibly the best episode of the season so far. The chess game, Susan the Happy Elf, the magic sentence.

"I need a sentence that starts with 'I need to go home now...' and ends with me at home"

Don't you mean "Susan the Happy, Trotting Elf"?

I can fax you the lyrics if you'd like...

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jobeth66 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jobeth66 Find more posts by Jobeth66 Add Jobeth66 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jobeth66
Scattercute @ Taipai

Re: Re: Coupling 6/20 "Bed Time"

quote:
Originally posted by Uther
Don't you mean "Susan the Happy, Trotting Elf"?

I can fax you the lyrics if you'd like...

Only if you're wearing a blonde wig.

"Jersey Girl - with a whip". --Darin
Music is my aeroplane

Shrimp in a wheelchair

Ed cannot be replaced, and he will not be forgotten. I miss you, my friend.

------------
Series II 80 hour SA (Lifetime)
Series II 40 hour SA (Monthly)
Philips 344 hour SA (Lifetime)
Sony 344 hour SA (Lifetime)
Philips 80 hour SA (Monthly)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edc is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edc Find more posts by edc Add edc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edc

quote:
Originally posted by Francesco
Has anyone over at the BBCA forum ever announced what happened to "Jeff"?

The actor chose not to return. The character went to Greece.

Everyone's allowed to move on if they so choose, but it would've been nice if Coyle had either told Moffat before the end of S3, or agreed to return for a one-shot (or even a cameo) in S4 such that the character could've been properly written out of the series.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Unless I missed it the phone call didn't really explain why he went to Greece. One would assume for work.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shady is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shady Find more posts by shady Add shady to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shady

quote:
Originally posted by ClutchBrake
Pretty good episode. I really miss Jeff though. Oliver making his entrance and the ensuing scene just seemed wrong. I did get a big laugh out of him throwing his clothes in the elevator.

There is more of a cringe factor with Oliver that you didn't get so much with Jeff

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Unless I missed it the phone call didn't really explain why he went to Greece
Well he did notice there was an island called lesbos... And it is Jeff we are talking about.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tgr131 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tgr131 Find more posts by tgr131 Add tgr131 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tgr131
Senile Member

I do miss Jeff. The other actors are funny, and the writing is crisp enough to keep my interest. But Oliver needs to get better or go away.

"Poetry is a way of taking life by the throat."

Robert Frost

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jschuur is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jschuur Visit jschuur's homepage! Find more posts by jschuur Add jschuur to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jschuur
TV-holic

quote:
Unless I missed it the phone call didn't really explain why he went to Greece. One would assume for work.

He went to Lesbos because... well... he thought he'd really dig the locals.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Meinrad is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Meinrad Find more posts by Meinrad Add Meinrad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Meinrad
Home Field Advantage

Great episode - about 75% of Oliver. I think he shows promise, but right now he's my least favorite part of the show by far. I was a little worried about the pregnancy and all the 'coupling', but so far the new story lines have been very good.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul_PDX is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul_PDX Find more posts by Paul_PDX Add Paul_PDX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul_PDX
Tivo Fanatic

The oliver character reminds me of the horible character that the US version of Coupling tried to substitute for Coyle's character.

Coupling is one step closer to a US sitcom in my mind ...

The writing still is pretty good though.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edc is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edc Find more posts by edc Add edc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edc

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_PDX
Coupling is one step closer to a US sitcom in my mind ...

"This is not, repeat NOT an American sitcom." -- Steve. S4, ep.2.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged