TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> multiroom Viewing 2 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
midiver is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midiver Find more posts by midiver Add midiver to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midiver

multiroom Viewing 2

I put in the crossover cable, but still no luck. it show that it is not seeing the other host.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

You need to go online to TiVo.com and enable it.

I'm not sure if that'd work, however. It relies on a DHCP server in a router or hub IIRC and they can be had for about $10 After MIR.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midiver is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midiver Find more posts by midiver Add midiver to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midiver

I did Enable it online. And the rest of what you said i have no clue..lol

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

I think that you will need a router. The support pages at TiVo.com will tell you more info.

Basicly, it assigns each TiVo an address that they can find each other at. They don't do this on their own, so a router is in order.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midiver is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 03:01 AM
midiver

if you look at this link. it shows that you only need what i have installed.

http://customersupport.tivo.com/tiv...lic/tv2046.htm?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

You needed a crossover cable. That is different than standard ethernet line. So if your using two different types of ethernet wire then it wont work.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap
TiVo Forum Special Member

Yes, this should work. You want the wires to "cross" one time, and the way you're doing it, that's what will happen.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap

Yes, I've connected two Tivos that way, and it worked fine. Connect everything and then, once all the wiring is in place, reboot both units.

I think you're too suspicious, however: Tivo wouldn't have put that page up without checking it first. Really!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midiver is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:37 PM
midiver

I found out my problem, I needed 35 feet of crossover cable. And i couldn't find 50 feet. So they gave me a 25 and a 10 feet crossover cable and a coupler. I asked the salesman if the coupler would work on the crossover cable. And he said yes, but he would go back and ask the support people.just to make sure. and they said it would work. Well it doesn't work. I had to put the tivo on the floor so it could reach with just one cable. I did that rebooted and it was working great. So i spliced and sodered the two cables together and everything is working great. Thanks for everyones help!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

I think what you found was that two crossover cables cancel each other out -- two wrongs make a right in a way.

If you had only one crossover cable and then a regular cable with a coupler, you would have been OK.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdscott is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdscott Visit mdscott's homepage! Find more posts by mdscott Add mdscott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdscott

Or three crossover cables and two couplers or...

mds

Mac G4 867 OS X 10.3.7

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 10:38 PM
csyria
200 posts down...

Reboot only stops a recording in progress.

Try forcing Daily Calls.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:24 AM
kitsap

Have you rebooted at all since you connected the cables? I think that Tivos will only detect that they're now wired during a boot-up. Go into Settings - Phone & Network Settings and see if you have IP addresses and MAC addresses. If not, reboot 'em. If this inforamtion is already set, rebooting probably won't advance the process, and subsequent calls are probably what's needed.

By the way, once your Tivos understand that they're wired, make sure that they still know they have to use the phone to connect. (I assume they handle this correctly, but I'm not sure.)

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:36 AM
kitsap

Yes, just unplug. It's best to do this when you're not actually recording something ... and my personal belief is that it's even better when the Tivo "sounds quiet" ... but I do think it needs a reboot in order to recognize that it's now connected to the outside world! (This could be the solution; whee! )

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

You may want to visit "Manage My Account" at TiVo's web site and make sure that MRV is active on your units.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dahacker is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dahacker Find more posts by dahacker Add dahacker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dahacker

quote:
Originally posted by Lurker-d
I don't have an e-mail address to sign up for "Manage my Account"

My you have got to be f-king kidding me alarm just went off.

How do you access this website with a typewriter? More importantly, what did you do with the typewriter that you originally had email on to register for this forum to begin with?

Oh SNAP. I figured it out. You are on an airgapped network at the Pentagon where the packets are faxed across to and from the Internet.

Try pointing your current typewriter to http://www.hotmail.com among others.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:07 PM
kitsap

quote:
Wish I could, no e-mail no password for "Manage My Account".
OMG! That's your problem, then. The first response in this thread said that it's necessary to go to tivo.com to activate MRV; and you have to do that. (While the response wasn't to your message - you came in a bit later - I figured you'd read the messages in this thread, since it addresses your setup!)

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

The TiVo Dude is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for The TiVo Dude Find more posts by The TiVo Dude Add The TiVo Dude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The TiVo Dude

quote:
Wish I could, no e-mail no password for "Manage My Account".

When you originally got online and registered your Tivo (you did do that right? If you only have Tivo Basic there are no Home Media Features and therefore no MRV) you were required to enter an email address and a password.

Are you saying you forgot your password? If so, click on the "Forgot my password" link and you will be sent another.

If you never entered your email and a password on the Tivo website, then you must not have Tivo Plus - required for MRV.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:43 PM
kitsap

I'm glad you got it working, Lurker-D! Sorry you had to go through all the rebooting and redialing when you just needed the authorization switch flipped at Tivo HQ.

Have fun; you're going to love MRV!

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged