TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Celebrity Poker Showdown 6/25/04 *Spoilers* <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lakertime is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lakertime Find more posts by Lakertime Add Lakertime to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakertime

Celebrity Poker Showdown 6/25/04 *Spoilers*

Don't have too much to say about tonight's episode except that Jon Favreau seemed to be somewhat of a sore loser. He didn't even show up at the end of the episode to congratulate the winner. I might be reading too much into it, but it just seemed that way to me. I also have a question if anybody knows. How is the editing done on this show? Do the celebrities really go straight to the loser lounge after losing or is there some in-between time because it just doesn't seem seamless to me.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cpalma is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cpalma Find more posts by cpalma Add cpalma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cpalma

It pissed me off that midway through the show Bravo showed a "coming up next week--Celebrity Poker Championship". Maura Tierney was sitting there chatting it up and playing. Well that just ruined the rest of the play because I knew who had won!!

I am a woman poker player and can I say these women celebrities are smokin the men!!! Used to be women weren't taken seriously at the poker table. That is changing (somewhat).

The episode wasn't my favorite. Seemed like they struggled to find good hands to show on TV, which means it probably was a boring game (to play).

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by cpalma
It pissed me off that midway through the show Bravo showed a "coming up next week--Celebrity Poker Championship". Maura Tierney was sitting there chatting it up and playing. Well that just ruined the rest of the play because I knew who had won!!
Me too! I was so peeved at Bravo for that. It wasn't like they couldn't have waited for another hour before showing that commercial.. or at least made a second commercial that didn't show Maura's face.

Oy.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Maui is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maui Find more posts by Maui Add Maui to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maui
The Eternal Newbie

Wow, I can't believe the stations are still that boneheaded to spoil their own shows. Luckily I FF rightthrough it apparently.

On the plus side I definitely have a thing for Maura (it should be well documented on the forums) so the more air time she can get the happier I am!!!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Last night was the most boring of the episodes I've seen thus far. The personalities just weren't fun.

Well, Andy Richter was, but that didn't last long.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frank_M is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frank_M Find more posts by Frank_M Add Frank_M to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frank_M

The promo ticked me off too. That was just stupid. It's not that we necessarily watch for the suspense of it... but still, no reason to do that.

Oh, and I'm not really liking that Foley keeps doing those promos before the break like "when we get back, two players go All In and one of them is gone!" When that happens, you can pretty easily figure out who will win the hand. No reason for it.

Andy Richter is the man, though. He's damn funny.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IJustLikeTivo is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IJustLikeTivo Find more posts by IJustLikeTivo Add IJustLikeTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IJustLikeTivo
OK, Happy Now? <vbg>

Re: Celebrity Poker Showdown 6/25/04 *Spoilers*

quote:
Originally posted by Lakertime
Don't have too much to say about tonight's episode except that Jon Favreau seemed to be somewhat of a sore loser. He didn't even show up at the end of the episode to congratulate the winner. I might be reading too much into it, but it just seemed that way to me. I also have a question if anybody knows. How is the editing done on this show? Do the celebrities really go straight to the loser lounge after losing or is there some in-between time because it just doesn't seem seamless to me.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that he did not show up, they might not have had the shot they needed. If he really did not show up, that would be pretty mean but Jon seems to be a pretty normal guy. I thought he was probably the best player but he never got good cards. You can only do so much, even Phil J would say that.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sschwart is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sschwart Find more posts by sschwart Add sschwart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sschwart
Missing Vegas

It was a pretty boring episode. I kept on having trouble deciding if Maura knew what she was doing or not. She sometimes acted like she knew the game, other times, she acted like she was completely clueless.

I noticed a lot more tells this week than any other episode. I'm not sure if I'm getting more observant, or these guys were a lot more raw, but it seemed like there was someone with an obvious tell on almost every hand.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 07:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

quote:
Originally posted by cpalma
Seemed like they struggled to find good hands to show on TV, which means it probably was a boring game (to play).

I thought they showed every hand.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek
Digital:Snot

No, the show's edited.

Google is your friend. Learn to use it wisely.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sschwart is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sschwart Find more posts by sschwart Add sschwart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sschwart
Missing Vegas

quote:
Originally posted by Turtleboy
I thought they showed every hand.

They skip quite a lot of hands. Watch who leads the action in each hand, you'll notice it's not clockwise on the show. Also, the totals sometimes are pretty obvious tells that hands have been skipped (ie.. Someone with 3k doubled up on the last hand, and then they show the chip count and he's got only 4k).

Most of the hands skipped are going to be 1 person bet and everyone else folded.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

balboa dave is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for balboa dave Find more posts by balboa dave Add balboa dave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
balboa dave
older, wiser, fatter

quote:
Originally posted by Frank_M
Oh, and I'm not really liking that Foley keeps doing those promos before the break like "when we get back, two players go All In and one of them is gone!" When that happens, you can pretty easily figure out who will win the hand. No reason for it.

Every player's final hand is All In, except the eventual winner. That's not a spoiler, that's a given.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kylep is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kylep Visit Kylep's homepage! Find more posts by Kylep Add Kylep to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kylep
Doomed! (DOOMED!)

quote:
Originally posted by balboa dave
Every player's final hand is All In, except the eventual winner. That's not a spoiler, that's a given.

Unless they have the same number of chips, it's a spoiler.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody
TiVo Forum Special Member

I'm trying to remember who are all the finalists.

The girl from Gilmore Girls
Dule Hill
Rosario Dawson
Maura Tierney

Who is the last person?

J

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jerrye25 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jerrye25 Find more posts by jerrye25 Add jerrye25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrye25

Michael Ian Black won week 3.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jasoncarr is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jasoncarr Visit jasoncarr's homepage! Find more posts by jasoncarr Add jasoncarr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jasoncarr

quote:
Originally posted by Maui

On the plus side I definitely have a thing for Maura (it should be well documented on the forums) so the more air time she can get the happier I am!!!

I hear ya, brother. MT is tasty.

Favreau, on the other hand, is a punk pretty much all the time.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ruexp67 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ruexp67 Find more posts by ruexp67 Add ruexp67 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruexp67

HEAVILY edited. Which one was it where the blinds went to 1500/3000? or something like that? Dave Foley climbed over the table and they were making LOTS of jokes about just how long the show was running and how long they were there.

I think it went pretty long this week too, and Jon Fav might have had to leave. Dunno (catch a plane or something)

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MacThor is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MacThor Visit MacThor's homepage! Find more posts by MacThor Add MacThor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacThor
Uniter, not Divider

Heck, Favreau could have been in the bathroom. He seemed like a good enough sport when he was first in the Lounge.

Or maybe he saw the promo for the Championship on the TV in the Lounge, and left because he already knew MT was going to win?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

marksman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marksman Find more posts by marksman Add marksman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marksman

Actually Jon seemed to take the whole thing way too seriously. For a guy who hosts a celeberity round table talk show he had absolutely nothing to contribute to the conversation at the table.

I have heard from multiple sources, though, that he is fairly arrogant and can often be an ass. So it is not suprising. I like him personally, but hearing stories from people who know him/worked with him, it seems he can be a bit of a jerk at times.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

I wonder what would happen if one show the poker just happened to go for 45 minutes. No-Limit is unpredictable, and could have some big pots.

Massive filler I guess.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged