TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Tivo records shows ALL the time, why? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ggglllooo is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ggglllooo Find more posts by Ggglllooo Add Ggglllooo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ggglllooo

Tivo records shows ALL the time, why?

My Tivo Philips HDR112 records constantly. I erased the entire hard drive and started from scratch and as soon as I schedule one show to record. The TIVO just starts recording shows at all different times. How can i stop this from occurring. There are no programs in the Wishlist.

Also, I am using the IR port over my cable box (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200) and the channels do not change quick enough for me to actually record a show. The only way it will work is if I am home and do it manually with the cable remote. Is there anything I can do to correct this. I've tested all of the channels and I have the fastest channel selected. It's not fast enough. The IR port I have is just one port hanging over the cable box. Are there maybe dual IR cables (top and bottom)? Any ideas?

Michael

Ggglllooo@aol.com

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

innocentfreak is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for innocentfreak Find more posts by innocentfreak Add innocentfreak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
innocentfreak

When you say records constantly are you saying there is always stuff in your Now Playing list? If so those are most likely Tivo Suggestions which you can turn off under settings, preferences and then Tivo suggestions. Do the shows have a symbol next to them when they show up in your now playing list assuming that is what you are referring to?

Did you look in the cable box codes thread? There are suggestions on the recommended settings for most cable boxes. Now what do you mean by the IR port?

My DVD Collection

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ZikZak is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ZikZak Visit ZikZak's homepage! Find more posts by ZikZak Add ZikZak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZikZak
Neurostim Addict

Those are TiVo Suggestions.

You can turn them off like innocentfreak suggests, but there's not really any need; they are only recorded over free space and never affect requested recordings in any way. Even if you don't like them now, they'll get better as TiVo learns what kind of shows you like, and their number always serves as a free space indicator.

*sigh* "It's not a bug; it's a feature. Not only that, it's an advertised feature!"

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

TiVo works extremely well with Scientific Atlanta Explorer cable boxes. The emitters should be placed roughly as shown in TiVo's picture above.

Also double-check to make sure you have no sources of IR interference in the room (stuck remotes, IR equipment, certain lights, …).

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged