TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> How many satellite dishes are on your apartment building <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tivoman is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivoman Find more posts by tivoman Add tivoman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivoman
Advanced Member

How many satellite dishes are on your apartment building

Today when I was on the freeway I passed Trainman's apartment building and notice on the SW side from the freeway there was about 20 dishes on the building. So how many dishes are on your apartment building?

No I'm not stalking him

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rminsk Find more posts by rminsk Add rminsk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rminsk
TiVo Forum Special Member

1 dish feeding 20 units.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-0800 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 01-0800 Find more posts by 01-0800 Add 01-0800 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01-0800

I just helped a friend install his DTV. I saw at least 15 dishes on building 6. He has 20+ buildings in his complex! In my complex I have counted a total of 4! Do any installers specialize in apartment installs?

1 RCA DWD490RE
1 MIGHTY SPAUN MULTISWITCH
0 Problems!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Galley_SimRacer is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Galley_SimRacer Visit Galley_SimRacer's homepage! Find more posts by Galley_SimRacer Add Galley_SimRacer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Galley_SimRacer

It sure would be nice if more parament complexes installed a Multi-Dwelling Unit System.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

The apartment complex has a no dish clause in the rent, and no one has been willing to challenge it, apparently. (I would have, except for the fact that: 1) they provide cable for us free of charge, and 2) there's no decent place that I can put a dish with a southern exposure.)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

adelimon is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for adelimon Find more posts by adelimon Add adelimon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adelimon

The apartment building across the road from me has several dishes. I count 3 -- on one apartment! They have a DirecTV dual LNB dish, as well as 2 Dish Network dishes. All mounted on the same railing.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

betogat is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for betogat Find more posts by betogat Add betogat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
betogat

On my apartment complex I only see 1, mine

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fustanella is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fustanella Find more posts by Fustanella Add Fustanella to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

My townhome row (about 12 houses in two chunks) has three: my 18x24 oval on the front (due to tree-age), and one on the far end with two round dishes picking up 101 and 119 separately.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for joegarrett Find more posts by joegarrett Add joegarrett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by 01-0800
I just helped a friend install his DTV. I saw at least 15 dishes on building 6. He has 20+ buildings in his complex! In my complex I have counted a total of 4! Do any installers specialize in apartment installs?

Nice hair, but then again I should talk!!!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trainman is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for trainman Visit trainman's homepage! Find more posts by trainman Add trainman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trainman
Man of Trains

Re: How many satellite dishes are on your apartment building

quote:
Originally posted by tivoman
Today when I was on the freeway I passed Trainman's apartment building and notice on the SW side from the freeway there was about 20 dishes on the building. So how many dishes are on your apartment building?

My building isn't the one that's visible from the freeway...there are three buildings in the complex, and on my building, there are only three dishes, last I checked, including mine (all on posts on top floor balconies on the west side, pointing southeast up over the roof...I think there are too many trees in front of the building for people on the east side to put up dishes).

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

Three. Two of them are three sat dishes, including mine, and the other one is a dual LNB single sat dish. One of the 3 sat dishes I know isn't in use, because the people who had it moved out and the new tenants have cable.

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged