TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> svr 2000 series 1-hmo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikebon is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikebon Find more posts by mikebon Add mikebon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikebon

svr 2000 series 1-hmo

I have a svr 2000 series 1(obvioulsy). I want to utiolize HMO an other options available with series 2 units. Does tivo allow you to upgrade and transfer lifetime service? I can't find that it can be done and if not that really sucks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ycrazyy is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ycrazyy Find more posts by ycrazyy Add ycrazyy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ycrazyy
Big Perm

there was a time when you could transfer a lifetime sub to a series 2 unit, however that time has long since passed. your best bet at this time is to either buy a s2 for the nice low price of $80 now and sell your s1 on ebay as you will certainly get back about $300+

SA Series2 150hrs w/HMO
Hughes HDVR2(3) 80hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO
Samsung SIR-4040R 141hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GBL is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GBL Find more posts by GBL Add GBL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GBL
covert opiniative

If you keep your SVR2000 (on lifetime) and buy one (or more) Series 2 TiVo's, monthly charges will me $6.95 per unit. In other words, Series 1 TiVos count toward multi-service discounts.

1 Sony SVR2000 (upgraded to 75 hrs), 1 Philips HDR612, 2 HDR112s (upgraded to 75 and 140 hrs), 1 SA8000HD (160GB)
unpaid volunteer, TiVo army

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cmalinowski is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cmalinowski Find more posts by cmalinowski Add cmalinowski to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cmalinowski

quote:
Originally posted by GBL
If you keep your SVR2000 (on lifetime) and buy one (or more) Series 2 TiVo's, monthly charges will me $6.95 per unit. In other words, Series 1 TiVos count toward multi-service discounts.

I hope that is the case. I just sent an email asking. My girlfriend and I just bought a house together. She has an S2 with lifetime. I have an S1 with monthly. I just bought the toshiba with basic service. My understanding is that I can put my S1 and the new S2 under the same acct as her S2 and only pay $14/mo. Is that correct?

TIA,
Chris

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ThreeSoFar is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeSoFar Find more posts by ThreeSoFar Add ThreeSoFar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThreeSoFar
FourNowActually

quote:
Originally posted by cmalinowski
I hope that is the case. I just sent an email asking. My girlfriend and I just bought a house together. She has an S2 with lifetime. I have an S1 with monthly. I just bought the toshiba with basic service. My understanding is that I can put my S1 and the new S2 under the same acct as her S2 and only pay $14/mo. Is that correct?

TIA,
Chris

Yup.

Though if you bought the amazingly good S2 deal now at $80 ( http://www.tivo.com/2.0.5.asp ), you'd be able to HMO all of them.

Four TiVos now, all with single Samsung drives:
Humax DRT800 w/DVD-R (174hrs)
Two older Series 2's (142hrs and 157hrs),and a newer nightlight
Series 2, a stupid case design IMO (174hrs)
All but the last are lifetimed. TiVite since 2000. There is a Good IR solution.

Got Vonage 4/9/03--need a referral credit?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged