TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Connecting TiVo to Network Storage Device <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ahabsmate is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ahabsmate Find more posts by ahabsmate Add ahabsmate to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahabsmate

Connecting TiVo to Network Storage Device

Question for the group...

Is it possible to connect a TiVo S2 to a network storage device instead of a PC/Mac? Right now, I'm running the standard HMO setup, with a client running on my Dell. However, if I buy a network storage device (like the ones from Ximeta) that is an always on HD on my network (connected directly to my router) can I point my TiVo to it instead of my PC as a media storehouse?

Anybody tinkered with this yet? It has its advantages...scalable storage, relatively cheap, and less security issues than leaving a Windows PC running on a network.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KermitTheFrog is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KermitTheFrog Visit KermitTheFrog's homepage! Find more posts by KermitTheFrog Add KermitTheFrog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KermitTheFrog
Is that a Garaffe?

Currently... no..

But if someone figured out a way to include the Tivo HMO server (developer tools make it pretty easy to do so) into the device.. then i guess it could push photos and music to the tivos.

KC

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ahabsmate is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ahabsmate Find more posts by ahabsmate Add ahabsmate to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahabsmate

Thanks for the update...I kind of suspected as much. I'll keep my eyes open for new hacks or developments.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dahacker is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dahacker Find more posts by dahacker Add dahacker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dahacker

All you need to do is map the NAS to a drive letter in Windows. Then Tivo Desktop will be able to use it. So then Tivo points to your PC and has access to your PC and the NAS.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged