TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Considering TiVo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
accord dude is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for accord dude Find more posts by accord dude Add accord dude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
accord dude

Considering TiVo

Ok so Im looking in to getting a TiVo. My question is which TiVo can record HDTV from a cable box. I have comcast cable and they dont offer the DVR's in our area yet but they say they may by the end of this month(i thought that was today but well I could be wrong). But anyway I work at Circuit City and the only TiVo's that we carry are the Series 2 40 and 80 hr and the Direct TV with TiVo units.

So is thier a TiVo that can record HD from a cable box? How much and where to get it. Also Is it easy to use? This series 2 i guess it woudl be for the hdtv would be for my parents and it will need to be easy to use.

And TiVo can work on my broadband connection so i dont have to tie up the phone line(i think i read that somewhere). And also I was wondering if their is a place where i could buy a seires 1 TiVo that would be in new condition. I would like to get a series 1 for myself in my dorm.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stanley Rohner is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stanley Rohner Find more posts by Stanley Rohner Add Stanley Rohner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stanley Rohner
Advanced Member

They don't make a TiVo that records HDTV from CABLETV.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

DirectTv Tivo is the only model currently able to record HD content.

There is no information as to when a stand alone tivo will have the ability to record in HD format.

You can use your broadband connection.

Only place you can get a series 1 is through a private sale or try Ebay.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

accord dude is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for accord dude Find more posts by accord dude Add accord dude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
accord dude

Thats somehow what i figured but I was not sure. So since I have an HD box will I be able to record my digi and regular ch. on the TiVo?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

Yes you can....though the HD is converted so its is not TRUE "HD".

I do find the HD channels look great through a SA tivo though.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged