TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Got an HMO refund - well, sort of. <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StanSimmons is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StanSimmons Find more posts by StanSimmons Add StanSimmons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoOpsMgr
We do have a defined, publicized policy regarding refunds: We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

However, like any company, we want to make upset customers not upset. I guess my mistake is in somehow trying to imply that we're doing something different for the Home Media price change than anything else that happens: We (like any company) are always willing to try to make exceptions to our policies for customers who are upset.

From the sounds of what you and Crrink are writing here, neither of you are upset. I'm glad to hear it, and I want you to know that everyone here at TiVo appreciates it, because we work hard to improve our services, features and policies all the time. And we take feedback from our customers very seriously.

Best regards,
Stephen

Hey, I'm upset... My HDR112's can't get HMO. Can I get $25 too?

Just kidding. I'm quite happy with TiVo and with my old TiVo boxes. If they ever die bad enough that I can't fix 'em, I'll upgrade to Series II and get HMO.

"easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841"
Ask me about Vonage.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cornflakeguy is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cornflakeguy Find more posts by Cornflakeguy Add Cornflakeguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cornflakeguy

I think Tivo should take it a step further:

1. Don't make us call in and gripe, just shoot us a $50 credit check to our service address.

2. Offer us free lifetime on a 2nd, 3rd, 4th Tivo when we buy one.

Nuff Said
CFG

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bob Kohlmeyer is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Kohlmeyer Find more posts by Bob Kohlmeyer Add Bob Kohlmeyer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Kohlmeyer
pronounces it baboop

I'm a college student who had no business buying a TiVo last March, but I did. I bought HMO the day it came out, figuring eventually it would be free, so I made sure I squeezed every nickel I could out of it, playing my music through my TiVo and everything else.

Yeah, getting $25 sounds nice, but I really have nothing to complain about. I have always been beyond happy with my TiVo, and making services available to other people isn't going to change that.

So thanks again TiVo, Inc.!

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beanpoppa is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beanpoppa Find more posts by beanpoppa Add beanpoppa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beanpoppa

I sold my 80 hr SA Tivo with HMO when I got DTivo about 5 months ago. The HMO probably added $70 to the value, and since I only paid $60 for the HMO, I can't complain! I feel bad for the poor guy who bought it, though.

Now if I could just get HMO for my 3 DTivos...

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cluteman is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cluteman Find more posts by cluteman Add cluteman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cluteman

quote:
Originally posted by Cornflakeguy
I think Tivo should take it a step further:

1. Don't make us call in and gripe, just shoot us a $50 credit check to our service address.

2. Offer us free lifetime on a 2nd, 3rd, 4th Tivo when we buy one.

Nuff Said
CFG

I think you have something here... I think Mobile should just mail me a $50 check to compensate for the high gas prices I had to pay last month!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

outerlimits is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 11:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for outerlimits Find more posts by outerlimits Add outerlimits to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
outerlimits
SKI BUM. Got Snow?

quote:
Originally posted by cluteman
I think you have something here... I think Mobile should just mail me a $50 check to compensate for the high gas prices I had to pay last month!

I must live in the wrong area of the country where is Mobil giving away gas for free?

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kensteele is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kensteele Find more posts by kensteele Add kensteele to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kensteele

quote:
Originally posted by cluteman

Since when does Mobil owe you any loyalty? Are you currently paying Mobil for anything else besides gasoline?

I would go back and delete your statement, obviously you HAVEN'T been following the discussion.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged