TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> 24- Season Finale (Spoilers Within)...... <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
canonelan2 is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for canonelan2 Visit canonelan2's homepage! Find more posts by canonelan2 Add canonelan2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
canonelan2
Imagineer

how much would you pay for the season of 24 on DVD?

Is it really worth $100 like STTNG & X-Files?

What will I do... without X5-452?
My DVD List
Missing about 575 from his post count :-(

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rkcarter is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 06:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rkcarter Find more posts by rkcarter Add rkcarter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rkcarter
Rick- Vorlon wannabe

Regarding season 2 -- what I have read so far is that it will indeed be the same format (an earlier idea of having each episode be one 24-hour day was scrapped). Palmer will be President.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

keyzersoce is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for keyzersoce Find more posts by keyzersoce Add keyzersoce to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keyzersoce

Posted by: Justapixel: Since this actress has already admitted lying to the press, I think it can be pointed out that even she didn't know the ending. They filmed three different ones, and the actors were never told which one would air. They saw it like the rest of us.

She may not have known which ending would be used, but she might have known her character died in each of the alternatives. Given three possible scenarios, if she died in two and lived in one, she wouldn't say she had been lying to the press. However, she must have known her character was killed in all three endings.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zalusky is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zalusky Find more posts by zalusky Add zalusky to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zalusky

She said she told three weeks before and they filmed it about two weeks or so before. What they probably meant is the last few minutes might have been filmed late.

They probably had option 1 - we are cancelled - Nina walks away is captured and everybody lives.

Option 2 - they are renewed and terri dies and maybe there is no other consipracy with Nina.

Option 3 - what we saw.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rasheed Find more posts by rasheed Add rasheed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rasheed
Advanced Member

I heard they recorded five or six possible endings and then chose one recently according to a quote from Sutherland recently. I am not sure what the options were.

Rasheed

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spartanstew is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

quote:
Originally posted by ehopper

Well, thanks for the Boston Public SPOILER!!!!

You're right, there is no excuse for me stating that other than the fact that I wasn't thinking.
My apologies to ehopper and others who I spoiled it for. Except for the gentleman (loosely) who called me a creep. No need for that on the board, I should think.

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cancermatt is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cancermatt Find more posts by cancermatt Add cancermatt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancermatt
Old-School Lurker

Public Opinion: Need other's thoughts on Terri - spoilers

I really need to hear from the tivo community's ladies (and guys), about Terri. I didn't really like the character, but one sub-plot point I really wanna be nitpicky about is her rape.

We, the audience, learn that after she gets raped by a terrorist, that Jack and Terri were trying to have another child together. This is fine and dandy, but if you were Terri, you just got raped, don't you think you would want to at least have a DNA check or **SOMETHING** in order to find out if this indeed was Jack's kid, or simply plan a trip to the Jerry Springer show to spring the results on him?

It's

I mean, come on, I'm obviously no medical doctor, but I'd at least have a full checkup, but Terri mysteriously wants nothing to do with it.

Any thoughts?

And by fast forwarding to next season, if by some miracle they bring her back, maybe this will be addressed, maybe not, but what if she has the terrorist's kid?

Thanks.

cancermatt

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Spire is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spire Find more posts by Spire Add Spire to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spire
Broken

Arrow

Just FYI: I believe cancermatt is referring to Jack and Teri Bauer, characters on the television show 24 (although he doesn't mention it anywhere in his post).

Last edited by Melody Chalis on Today at 03:47 AM

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cancermatt is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cancermatt Find more posts by cancermatt Add cancermatt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancermatt
Old-School Lurker

Exclamation 24 show spoilers

Sorry for the confusion. However, I did post in the title of the spoilers. AND... when I posted this message this morning, it was <<BEFORE>> the format change in the forum listing , so I was correct in the placement of the post, however, it was moved <<AFTER>> it was posted.

Sorry Pan Chum, but I believe I was correct in the placement of it and the spoiler title. If you didn't want to read a spoiler, don't read the post.

cancermatt

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Corey140 is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corey140 Find more posts by Corey140 Add Corey140 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey140
This Space For Rent!

The whole thread is about 24 so how could he have messed up with spoilers???

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Corey, cancermatt's original thread was merged into the 24 thread with the new forum format. The original title of the thread referred to Terri, but not 24 directly and if you hadn't yet watched 24 you wouldn't have realized what it was about until you had read. I believe Pan had tivo'd the entire 24 run and was going to watch it at one time, hence not wanting to see the spoilers and not knowing emphatically who Jack and Terri were. Even as a 24 watcher I was a bit confused when I first saw the original thread.

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kaokulk is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaokulk Find more posts by Kaokulk Add Kaokulk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaokulk

Re: can you believe

quote:
Originally posted by VTechDave
Can you believe that we have been watching this show for over half a year?! Now I wish I had saved them off to tape so I could recheck things I don't remember from early on.

Got em. I convinced some people to watch it after about 6 - 8 eps had passed. I gave them the tapes to watch, and they got hooked.

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Corey140 is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 08:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corey140 Find more posts by Corey140 Add Corey140 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey140
This Space For Rent!

I didn't notice another thread has been merged with this one.......

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for modnar Find more posts by modnar Add modnar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
modnar

I think I missed the first 1 or 2 (maybe 3) episodes and still really enjoyed the show overall. My wife missed even more of the show and enjoyed it.

We're looking forward to next season.

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joeinma is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for joeinma Find more posts by joeinma Add joeinma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joeinma

Re: Public Opinion: Need other's thoughts on Terri - spoilers

quote:
Originally posted by cancermatt
I really need to hear from the tivo community's ladies (and guys), about Terri. I didn't really like the character, but one sub-plot point I really wanna be nit picky about is her rape.

I mean, come on, I'm obviously no medical doctor, but I'd at least have a full checkup, but Terri mysteriously wants nothing to do with it.

Any thoughts?

And by fast forwarding to next season, if by some miracle they bring her back, maybe this will be addressed, maybe not, but what if she has the terrorist's kid?

Thanks.
cancermatt

Possible, but remember...while we watched the show over a 9 month period, she was raped and found out she was pregnant all in less than a 24 hour period. I'm no doctor either, but while I suppose you can conceive immediately after intercourse... I find it hard to believe that a doctor could tell within less than 12 hours or whatever the time frame was between the rape and when she found out.

Joe D

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman Find more posts by vman Add vman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman

Just for the record, there is NO way that the pregnancy test Terri took after her rape would show a pregnancy resulting from the rape just hours before. Pregnancy tests will not show anything for at least around two weeks after fertilization, since they measure the levels of HGC (a type of protein) that is released "once the fertilized ovum is implanted in the uterine wall" (from a medical website). Believe me, with a wife who took pregnancy tests every few days (it seemed) when we were trying to get pregnant, you can have a negative result one day and a positive result a few days later.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loopey is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loopey Find more posts by loopey Add loopey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loopey

Okay I finally watched this yesterday.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Nina couldn't have known about the backup of the security tapes. She had high clearance and should have known and wiped that out too.

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 11:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for modnar Find more posts by modnar Add modnar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
modnar

quote:
Originally posted by loopey
Okay I finally watched this yesterday.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Nina couldn't have known about the backup of the security tapes. She had high clearance and should have known and wiped that out too.

I'm gonna guess that her clearance wasn't high enough!

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loopey is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 12:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loopey Find more posts by loopey Add loopey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loopey

That has to be why, but from the rest of the episodes it looks like she has plenty of clearance - I would guess the same level as Jack.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman Find more posts by vman Add vman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman

Another problem I have with Nina being the mole:

Early on, after Jack suddenly left Teri at the hospital at the demand of Gaines, Nina called Terri's cell phone since she couldn't reach Jack and thought he might be with her. She told Terri that if she heard from Jack, to tell him they'd identified the dead guy Jack found in the truck of the car as _____(I forget his name, but he was the father of Kim's friend). Now, Nina should have known that Terri was being accompanied by one of Gaines' men who was pretending to be the father.

Of course, many of us have speculated that Gaines didn't know Nina was a mole, which is why he told Jack to kill her. But you'd have to think Nina would be aware of the Gaines plot, at least generally if not all the specifics. So why should she have tried to tell Jack any information on the dead guy?

I'd be interested to go back and see if Nina gave Jack any other helpful information early in the season that she probably wouldn't have if she was the mole.

Meanwhile, I agree that next season will continue parts of this story line, including who Nina's working for. Also more on what Drazen really did.
Reasons:
1) Nina's comments to Jack, about not working for Drazen
2) Drazen being kept secretly alive in special prisons by the U.S. government -- why?
3) The Drazen boy's comments to Kim near the end about how Jack was really a bad guy and Drazen wasn't bad make me think that there's more to Drazen's activities than simply being a terrorist (is that what Jack said he was?). Maybe he and Nina both work for some foreign government or intelligence agency.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged