TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
>>> TivoWeb - TCL v1.9.4 <<<

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lightn is offline Old Post 01-01-2003 12:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lightn Visit Lightn's homepage! Find more posts by Lightn Add Lightn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lightn

TivoWeb - TCL v1.9.4

Ok, the final version is here, mainly bug fixes from the last beta.

My Site

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 01-01-2003 12:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Francesco Visit Francesco's homepage! Find more posts by Francesco Add Francesco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Francesco

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona

Wow! A Happy New Year to you!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixrefresher is offline Old Post 01-01-2003 12:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixrefresher Find more posts by unixrefresher Add unixrefresher to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixrefresher

Thumbs up

YOU ROCK!

As always, thanks to you (and others) for TiVo web.
It is a great addition to TiVo!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

snedecor is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snedecor Find more posts by snedecor Add snedecor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snedecor

Add my thanks to Lightn!

Thanks again to Lightn (and all his helpers)!

This code works well, is free, and meets a great need that TiVo should have filled in the first place.

If TiVo really wants to get ahead, they need to hire all the hackers on this forum and really snazz up the box! But then, I guess, they'd all be under NDA's and be restricted from writing the neat stuff that they do, so never mind.

(Off to web site to donate.....Please if you like this software DONATE so he'll be willing to expand, upgrade, etc!

Snedecor

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BBQ Chicken is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 09:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BBQ Chicken Visit BBQ Chicken's homepage! Find more posts by BBQ Chicken Add BBQ Chicken to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BBQ Chicken
Bling Bling

I use it and have donated, probably should do it again! Great program. It really shows you what could be done with Tivo if they weren't only concerned about the almighty dollar.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stickboy is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 09:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stickboy Visit stickboy's homepage! Find more posts by stickboy Add stickboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stickboy

I installed 1.9.4 final, but the Season Pass editor still initializes the padding values incorrectly. Does anyone else have this problem?

(After looking at the generated HTML source, I see that no Javascript is used, so it's not a browser problem.)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lightn is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lightn Visit Lightn's homepage! Find more posts by Lightn Add Lightn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lightn

stickboy:
Ugh, that's a fairly annoying problem. It is also saving the padding values for season passes wrong. I put up a new tarball, but I didn't note the change anywhere, so if you are having this problem, redownload 1.9.4.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stickboy is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 03:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stickboy Visit stickboy's homepage! Find more posts by stickboy Add stickboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stickboy

That fixed it. Thanks!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 01-02-2003 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Francesco Visit Francesco's homepage! Find more posts by Francesco Add Francesco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Francesco

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona

Damn. Went to plop in the newer final version and I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet. I must have forgotten to shut down Tivoweb before replacing it. When I unpack it, it says "968 blocks" instead of the usual 970, and then when I try to run it, I get:

bash-2.02# TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server ::session $http_port"
(file "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/httpd-tt.tcl" line 678)

...I tried removing and re-unpacking, but no difference.

Nevermind -- it's idiot-proof (so I can live with it!). Even though I rm'd it, it was still there, open and running when I opened my browser. Hit "Quit," and all is well in the world.

Last edited by Francesco on 01-02-2003 at 09:59 PM

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVo_Canada is offline Old Post 01-03-2003 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVo_Canada Visit TiVo_Canada's homepage! Find more posts by TiVo_Canada Add TiVo_Canada to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVo_Canada

Thumbs up

Thanks for releasing this.

.... and thanks for all the nice little checks for ServiceState, etc, etc..

It's not like we have a choice in Canada when it comes to our guidedata. Fortunately we have a smart group of people who have worked through the guidedata issues and now the Tivoweb checks. We are happy to share with other Canadian's.

Canada loves TiVo.

Cheers.

TiVo_Canada
(aka JDR)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tivo_canada/

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lightn is offline Old Post 01-03-2003 12:49 AM
Lightn

TiVo_Canada:
The checks are specifically designed to stop the use of tivoweb on the xtreme images and especially the fixsub stuff. I figured that groups that needed to create their own data would roll their own scripts and not be effected. But failing that the TiVo Canada group appears to have the smart people to figure out a way past it. Deal Database (kinda) barely does. Too bad you can't limit your group to canadian citizens.

I appreciate the people who have gotten past the checks not posting full source replacements (and if people haven't noticed, I now include a trademark claim on TivoWeb to potentially stop forked code from being distributed under the tivoweb name). Xtreme is designed as a very easy way to hack service. So as long as it takes a bit of knowledge and talent to run tivoweb on xtreme, I'm happy.

So for the TiVo Canada group I would suggest rolling your own scripts and not promoting the guide service theft tool (it would be good for your image too).

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 01-03-2003 01:16 AM
Francesco

A great many Canadian TiVo users are all too happy to pay TiVo for the wonderful privilege of getting TiVo service, even if they have to be creative to get guide data.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Savard is offline Old Post 01-04-2003 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Savard Find more posts by Savard Add Savard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Savard
TiVo-ized Aug 2000

Is the remote "lock up" bug still present in this version of TivoWeb?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 01-04-2003 06:45 AM
Francesco

Remote lockup? Apparently. Three times in the last two days I've been forced to reboot, while it was recording, too.

Something I can live with in exchange for all the functionality it provides!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jkeegan is offline Old Post 01-04-2003 07:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jkeegan Visit jkeegan's homepage! Find more posts by jkeegan Add jkeegan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkeegan
Advanced Member

Weird, I just had that happen the other day too (running 1.9.4 official).
I don't believe anyone was actively using TiVoWeb at the time either. It's the first time I've seen this in a long time.. Just froze (not responding to remote control input no matter what ID was used, but still displaying live video) with the record light on. I rebooted and it went away.. hasn't hung since.

..Jeff

seven syllables
(kee gan dot org slash ti vo )
they explain it all

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Savard is offline Old Post 01-04-2003 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Savard Find more posts by Savard Add Savard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Savard
TiVo-ized Aug 2000

Drats... sometimes I have it "lock up" when I haven't even used TivoWeb since the Tivo booted (but TivoWeb is loaded). IIRC, the lock up bug is referred to the "event bug" that is really in the Tivo software itself. The TivoWeb software just seems to expose the bug. It would be nice if a real workaround could be found. I agree though... the functionality in TivoWeb is too great to pass up despite this bug.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Attack is offline Old Post 01-04-2003 12:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Attack Find more posts by Attack Add Attack to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Attack

RTM

In the README under BUGS

quote:
3.0 seems to have a bug in its event handling. This can cause the TiVo to lockup after random periods of time. Tivoweb appears to exacerbate the problem. If you experience this problem, try removing the phone module and doing a complete shutdown/startup of tivoweb, that may help.

My DVD collection

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bsnelson is offline Old Post 01-09-2003 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bsnelson Visit bsnelson's homepage! Find more posts by bsnelson Add bsnelson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bsnelson
TiVo Forum Special Member

OK, my apologies if this has already been answered (I did try a search, but nothing stuck out): The README notes that DirecTiVo (combo, DTivo, call it what you will) is not fully supported, and a brief demo on my machine confirms this (though it does work pretty darned good!).

My question is: Is DTivo support being actively worked on? If so, is there any idea of a ETA for, say, dual tuner support? I might be able to provide some beta test bandwidth on one of my machines if that would help.

Thanks,

Brad

(1) Samsung SIR4040R (35 hours)

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

embeem is offline Old Post 01-09-2003 11:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for embeem Visit embeem's homepage! Find more posts by embeem Add embeem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
embeem

quote:
Originally posted by bsnelson

My question is: Is DTivo support being actively worked on? If so, is there any idea of a ETA for, say, dual tuner support? I might be able to provide some beta test bandwidth on one of my machines if that would help.

Suggestion: you write the dtivo support, send in a patch and if it doesn't make a mess out of things we'll add it to the next release

CVnB02kbxifsgVYcYfEiTG2qfIdFXmstrEhW9gpe+5OxEYid979qu1Esg2YHNA7W8tSTd1t9
88LYW46AhE01Uts8pa4TgZazxlo/FkMAS3i/Oqtm7Rf8C6QzXmbDgbN+fP+Fcu53FOtZXNXX
ClRoZSB0cnV0aCBhYm91dCBhIG1hbiBsaWVzIGluIHdoYXQgaGUgaGlkZXMgLU1hbHJhdXgK

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RC3105 is offline Old Post 01-09-2003 11:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RC3105 Find more posts by RC3105 Add RC3105 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC3105
tortured genius

quote:
Originally posted by bsnelson
...is DTivo support being actively worked on?

support for what? I only have dtivos & it seems to run fine here... does it turn lead into gold or something on the sa boxes?

--
Riley

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged