TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Intermittently recording wrong channel <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
powerpaw2 is offline Old Post 04-03-2004 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for powerpaw2 Find more posts by powerpaw2 Add powerpaw2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
powerpaw2

Intermittently recording wrong channel

I have a Phillips HDR31203. It intermittently records the wrong channel. For example, one ngiht I had it set to record 607, but when I got home it had recorded 667. Any ideas?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joey P is offline Old Post 04-03-2004 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joey P Find more posts by Joey P Add Joey P to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey P

We need more info, particularly...Are you using a cable box, if so, are you using IR blasters or serial control, and if the box is nearby, what make/model are you using? Oh, and what cable company are you using?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

powerpaw2 is offline Old Post 04-04-2004 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for powerpaw2 Find more posts by powerpaw2 Add powerpaw2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
powerpaw2

I'm using a Direct TV satellite box.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RachelZ3 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RachelZ3 Find more posts by RachelZ3 Add RachelZ3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RachelZ3

(I can't delete this post so I am just editing it to show where I found the answer:
[link deleted, see next note]
THANK YOU TIVO COMMUNITY! )
(Oh wait I can't post the link here, because I have to post 3 times to post a link... so here we go, see two posts down. )

I am having the same problem, over the last couple weeks I think only.

I have a Tivo Series 2, model TCD240080, software version 4.0.1b-01-2-240

Cable Box is Motorola Interactive Digital Communicator [DCT2000], service is RCN.

Connected to Tivo via serial cable

Tivo show information thinks it is recording the right channel and show, and it is the right time, but I have gotten a recording of a Spanish cable channel that is not even on my channel listings instead of the Bigraphy Channel, I have gotten the wrong cable channel for one soap opera on ABC, then the next hour it changes channels to record the correct soap opera that follows on ABC.

Then I tried to record the soap opera I missed on Soapnet channel and again, it was recording the wrong channel. I was watching at the time. I could only get to the show on Soapnet by canceling the recording, changing to another channel and then changing back to Soapnet.

I tried restarting the Tivo, but the problem continues.

Thanks for any help
==========================
I haven't tried the fix yet but I can see there are issues with my cable box to work out.

Last edited by RachelZ3 on 05-14-2004 at 06:22 PM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RachelZ3 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RachelZ3 Find more posts by RachelZ3 Add RachelZ3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RachelZ3

post #2 so I can add a link to the answer on this forum

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RachelZ3 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:25 PM
RachelZ3

OK post #3

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RachelZ3 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:30 PM
RachelZ3

OK post #4 here is the link:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...962#post1727962

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged