TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> One-For-All Remotes now have TiVo codes <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Amfae is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 10:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Amfae Find more posts by Amfae Add Amfae to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amfae

One-For-All Remotes now have TiVo codes

For those of you (like me) who can't afford a Pronto & are making do with the One-For-All universal remotes (or at least were until we discovered they didn't have TiVo codes)....they now have the TiVo libraries available.

If you have a remote upgradeable remote (nearly all of them) you can call customer service to have them upgrade the RC using the acoustic coupling feature. Unfortunately if your remote is out the warranty period it's now a premium number : 0906 969 5654; if not then it's 0808 1000 306. If your remote is very old & doen't have this feature then I think you have to send the thing back to them for upgrading.

I have a One-For-All 6 (URC-7560), and the TiVo set-up code is 0722.

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet (have to do some real work ), but when I do tonight I'll let post whether it's good enough to consider consigning the peanut to a drawer. (I'm sure some people here will beat me to it though

This has taken them years to get the TiVo libraries on there, they should be called "One-For-Most"....

Amfae

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kmusgrave is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 11:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kmusgrave Find more posts by kmusgrave Add kmusgrave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmusgrave
TiVo Forum Special Member

Some (most?) of the OneForAll update coes are on their website. You download a WAV file of the update and put your remote next to your PC speakers. This will save the cost of a premium rate phone call.

Kevin

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul_J is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 11:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul_J Visit Paul_J's homepage! Find more posts by Paul_J Add Paul_J to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul_J

Updated mine yesterday all worked fine however needed to phone for the update not available form the web site.

240Gb 6020 TiVo

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KR is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 01:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KR Find more posts by KR Add KR to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KR
TiVo fan

quote:
Originally posted by kmusgrave
Some (most?) of the OneForAll update coes are on their website. You download a WAV file of the update and put your remote next to your PC speakers. This will save the cost of a premium rate phone call.
Kevin

Could you post a URL for this, please?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

magician is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 01:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for magician Find more posts by magician Add magician to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magician

Great stuff....all we need now is CPC to make a generic Tivo remote of a quarter of the price!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Amfae is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 02:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Amfae Find more posts by Amfae Add Amfae to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amfae

Never tried the WAV download method, but the support page is http://www.oneforall-int.com/englis...pport_onder.htm

Seems to work well, except I can't get the volume 'punch-through' to my amp & use the mute key as SELECT at the same time.

Looks like I'll have to teach it this trick (I'm going to have to teach it to thumbs up & down anyway )

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Nick Mooney is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 05:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Mooney Visit Nick Mooney's homepage! Find more posts by Nick Mooney Add Nick Mooney to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Mooney
It's not butter

That's all well and good, but WHAT do I click on to get the TiVo codes? Home Automation codes, Sat Receivers, Video Accessories?!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

defcon1 is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defcon1 Find more posts by defcon1 Add defcon1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defcon1

Thumbs up OneForAll Universell Remotes now with Tivo

Hi all,

Just to let you know that if you have a OneForAll Universell Remote control with upgrade facility the company is now offering a Thomson Tivo upgrade for free.

I phone last week for a code for my 'One for all 6' and was told they were working on a Tivo upgrade and it wouldn't be available until March. They did, however, take my phone number and offered to ring me when it was available (never did I think they would actually ring!).

Four days letter my wife was phoned at home and they upgraded the remote over the phone. Very impressive service and very friendly staff. My remote now works TV, Video, DVD, SAT, Tivo & CD.

Hope someone finds this info useful.

Cheers, Tone

p.s. For anyone who has not bought a Tivo yet you will not look back. I chose Tivo over Sky+ and it is excellent. Ijust can't understand why every house does not have one. Brilliant especially the facility to watch recordings while it is recording something else!

Also very useful that it records automatically based on your likes which Sky+ doesn't.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Amfae is offline Old Post 02-15-2002 10:47 PM
Amfae

I meant the TiVo upgrade seems to work well, I didn't get the upgrade over the web (WAV method) I got it over the phone as described.

I suspect it will take them a while to get it on the website, and you're right - what is a TiVo? VCR I suppose is the closest match.

I would call them up for the quickest way of upgrading (make sure you use a wirebound line ie non-cordless)

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wattieuk is offline Old Post 02-16-2002 03:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wattieuk Find more posts by wattieuk Add wattieuk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wattieuk

Exclamation Select Button

I have found that pressing the Mute button (in the middle of the arrows) on a 1 for all (6 appliance) sometimes works as the select button on Tivo (and on Sky control) but at other times simply mutes the TV. Has anyone else found this and do you know a way round it so I use it as Select every time?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

defcon1 is offline Old Post 02-16-2002 04:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defcon1 Find more posts by defcon1 Add defcon1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defcon1

Yep I had the same problem. The reason is that the remote is trying to be to clever. If you press the top menu button and then the middle select button it will work as a select on Sky and Tivo. If you don't press any keys for ten seconds or so the button falls back to a mute mode for the TV. I think you can also turn this off by removing some punch through option (check the manual).

Another option is to record a new 'select' signal on this button using the learn mode. I think the button is then always select unless you press the TV button.

Not sure if these instructions are totally correct but I got mine working eventually.

Cheers, Tone

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Foxxie is offline Old Post 02-16-2002 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Foxxie Find more posts by Foxxie Add Foxxie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Foxxie

quote:
I have a One-For-All 6 (URC-7560), and the TiVo set-up code is 0722.

I have the URC-7462, tried your code for TIVO (0722), did not work! How did you do it and did it work for you?

(Very desperate to sort this out as my peanut is not working and I am about to lose some recordings)

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

defcon1 is offline Old Post 02-17-2002 08:47 PM
defcon1

You avtually need to upgrade your remote to use the new Tivo codes. You can do this via the phone or normally the web site. As the Tivo codes are so new I don't think they have updated the web site yet.

Just give them a call on the helpline and they send the codes down the phone.

Cheers, Tone

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kmusgrave is offline Old Post 02-18-2002 11:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kmusgrave Find more posts by kmusgrave Add kmusgrave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmusgrave
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by KR

Could you post a URL for this, please?

www.oneforall.com

Kevin

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivo_boj is offline Old Post 02-18-2002 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivo_boj Find more posts by tivo_boj Add tivo_boj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivo_boj
TIVO not Sky+ !!!!

Bought a One for All 6 (URC-7560), rung their CS and they downloaded TiVo Codes in a few secounds.

now, any one else out tell me where all the functions are?

Got most but have some missing (in order of importance)

Live TV
Skip to end
Thumbs Down
Thumbs up
Aux
VCR
Clear
Enter/jump
standby

can Also can anyone tell me the Magic codes (3 digit) for all the function including those above

ThanKs

Two drive Tivo upgraded July 25th 2002 to single 120GiG (Maxtor). TivoWeb (beta 4) Using PPP over serial (Aug 2002).

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivo_boj is offline Old Post 02-18-2002 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivo_boj Find more posts by tivo_boj Add tivo_boj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivo_boj
TIVO not Sky+ !!!!

Note , use the Macro feature to enable/disable 30sec skip!!!

Two drive Tivo upgraded July 25th 2002 to single 120GiG (Maxtor). TivoWeb (beta 4) Using PPP over serial (Aug 2002).

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivo_boj is offline Old Post 02-19-2002 07:15 PM
tivo_boj
TIVO not Sky+ !!!!

BUMP!

ANYONE GOT THE ONE FOR ALL MAGIC CODES FOR EACH FUNCTION OF THE REMOTE?

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Amfae is offline Old Post 02-20-2002 11:44 AM
Amfae

quote:
Originally posted by tivo_boj
Got most but have some missing (in order of importance)

Live TV
Skip to end
Thumbs Down
Thumbs up
Aux
VCR
Clear
Enter/jump
standby

can Also can anyone tell me the Magic codes (3 digit) for all the function including those above

I don't have these either, I was going to use the learning function to teach it these functions, but haven't got round to it yet. Run out of keys anyway, so we're going to have to open that flap (more hard work)!! Anyone had any problems with this method?!

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivo_boj is offline Old Post 02-20-2002 05:06 PM
tivo_boj
TIVO not Sky+ !!!!

I have set mine up as follows ( using learn feature)

Changed mute button to select
Red button to thumbs down
Green to thumbs up
Blue to skip ( with a shift macro on the blue to enable 30sec skip)
AV tp live tv/guide
10 button instant replay

extra buttons under the flap as

A - Aux
E - VCR
B- Clear
F- Enter

This seem to mirror every thing I need, and all works OK.

I know this only takes 10 learn spaces, but want the magic codes so I can save on the " learn features" which are limited (to about 25).

Hope this helps

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivo_boj is offline Old Post 02-22-2002 04:25 PM
tivo_boj
TIVO not Sky+ !!!!

For those who have programed thier One for all remotes, but have functions missing,I recieved the following MAGIC CODES, which will allow you to program other keys for the missing items

> The Maigic codes are:
> 533 Aux
> 726 Instant Repl
> 377 Live TV
> 281 VCR
> 411 Enter/ Jump
> 245 Thumbs Down
> 377 Guide
> 474 Jump to Live
> 503 Thumbs Up
> 663 EXIT/Clear
> 630 Down
> 378 Left
> 632 Right
> 505 OK/Select
> 663 EXIT/Shift
> 728 SPEED/Slow
> 697 MENU Tivo
> 372 Up

Hope this helps, it has me !!!!!

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged