TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> Trouble with Wireless TiVO connection -Please help <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigfoot65 is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 04:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigfoot65 Find more posts by bigfoot65 Add bigfoot65 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigfoot65

Trouble with Wireless TiVO connection -Please help

I recently purchased a Series 1 Tivo on eBay.The previous owner had added a 2nd hard drive and informed me that the modem did not work. I do not not have a telephone but do have a broadband connection with a wireless router. So I purchased a wireless network card from 9th Tee and installed it with the external antenna. My wireless router is a netgear 802.11b wireless connection. I have a laptop as well that connects wirelessly so I know the signal is there!

I went and downloaded a Linux bootable CD for my computer to install the software for the wireless card onto the Tivo Hard drive. Rebooted and tried to make the call to connect but was unable. I installed the wireless card from the Tivo into my laptop and tried to get an internet connection and it worked, so i know the card is good. I just cannot get a connection with the Tivo.

Please help if you know anything to make this work!
Thanks

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

G2IC_Wraith is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for G2IC_Wraith Find more posts by G2IC_Wraith Add G2IC_Wraith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G2IC_Wraith

Hello,

Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure you put the network code in the prefix box and not in the dial box? This is something I did one time in haste. After I fixed the code it worked fine. Now I don't have the wireless card that you have, I used the old TurboNet card connected to a Linksys WiFi bridge. Now I have the new CacheCard hooked up the same way.

Can you also check your router status page to see if the card is getting an IP. I am not sure about the Netgear, but on my Linksys there is a place to check for the current IPs connected. Hope this helps.

Cachecard ver 2.2 w/ 512MB

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kerkules is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kerkules Find more posts by kerkules Add kerkules to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kerkules

wireless cachecard

G2,

What kind of router are you using? I'm using a netgear router and tried to hookup via a linksys bridge but couldn't get it to find the Tivo. Could you give the details of your connections please?

Pioneer DVR 810H-s 262 hours

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

G2IC_Wraith is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for G2IC_Wraith Find more posts by G2IC_Wraith Add G2IC_Wraith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G2IC_Wraith

I am using the Linksys WiFi router set up to accept the MAC address of the Linksys bridge. The router gives the bridge an IP and passes one to the TiVo. I have a Cachecard that I just replaced with the revised 2.2ver card. It is hard-wired to the Linsys bridge.

I have not used the Netgear bridge, but can I assume it has a web based config page? If you go to the config page, is the bridge getting an address? If so I would say you have something wrong on the bridge. Are you using WEP? Also have you tried hard-wiring the TiVo to your router just to see if your network card is working ok? That is the first place I would go. From there I would disconnect the bridge and hook it straight up to a pc/laptop. My Linksys requires you to hook up like it was peer to peer to configure the bridge the first time. Then you can configure from a web browser.

Let me know if you need some help.

Cachecard ver 2.2 w/ 512MB

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged