TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> Unable to access MFS <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
greenhornet is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for greenhornet Find more posts by greenhornet Add greenhornet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenhornet

Angry Unable to access MFS

I'm pretty much a noob and have been fairly successful at several hacks. However, I've got a slight problem with something (not exactly sure what). When trying to install / configure turbonet settings on my SA-T60 series 1 I get the following error: "Unable to access MFS" I'm able to "force" an install using a force command but I think something is not right. I can telnet into my TiVo but the unit CAN NOT get out (,#401 generates a negotiation error during testing) via the web. http_get commands will result in a "Network unreachable" error. I've got the NIC configured for a static address and I'm absolutely certain the settings are correct (ip, gateway, etc.)

I'm stuck. I can perform command line operations but I'm learning so if you respond, please provide specific line instructions.

If you are super careful I MIGHT be willing to let you remote in but PM me first.

Thanks in advance!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jafa is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jafa Visit jafa's homepage! Find more posts by jafa Add jafa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jafa
TiVo Forum Special Member

Hi,

Try this:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=283

Nick

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

greenhornet is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greenhornet Find more posts by greenhornet Add greenhornet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenhornet

Thanks but I've done that (as I stated above, I CAN FORCE THE INSTALL). I think what I need is a solution to my MFS location error. I did find this article to be helpful though. Thanks again!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jafa is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jafa Visit jafa's homepage! Find more posts by jafa Add jafa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jafa
TiVo Forum Special Member

Hi,

If nic_install did not report any errors when you used the --force option then it has worked. It does not modify the mfs at all - it only accesses it to read out the software string so ti can identify the version and model.

Take a look at the kernel log - it should report if the drivers loaded ok.

Nick

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged